Windows 10: cant open any office of pdf file. c*0000005 msg

Discus and support cant open any office of pdf file. c*0000005 msg in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi I am not able to open any office or pdf file. It says o*c0000005 not able to start. WHat to do 42494 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by manki, Feb 29, 2016.

1. manki Win User

cant open any office of pdf file. c*0000005 msg

Hi
    I am not able to open any office or pdf file. It says o*c0000005 not able to start. WHat to do

:)

manki, Feb 29, 2016
  2. adamcok Win User

Nokia N95 - problems with Adobe PDF

Hi guys,

please help. I have been using my nokia N95's Adobe application without any problems up until now. I have tried opening one pdf file (unsure which one) and the application just crashed.

Now, I cannot open any pdf file. Cant even open the Adobe Pdf application thru Menu -> office applications -> Adobe Pdf

It seems as if the phone was trying to load it up, but then would just give up.

ANY HELP???? I've tried removing it, but it wont let me.

PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS?

adamcok, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 29, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi manki,

Have you tried using a different program to open it with?

If you right-click the PDF file, that will give you an option to select a program to open it with. There will be a

Adobe Acrobat Reader is probably the more popular one, but Edge should be able to do that too. There are many other programs to use as well.

cant open any office of pdf file. c*0000005 msg [​IMG]

Edit:
    I just re-read your post. I missed the part about not able to open any office or PDF file.

If you're using an office suite of some sort, then you might try uninstalling and reinstalling it and see if that helps. You might also want to take a look at THIS article and see if there's anything there too.

If nothing seems to help, you can install LibreOffice (free) which is another office suite. That will allow you to open PDFs and should be compatible with the other documents as well.

5. manki Win User
    Thanks mate. I tried reinstalling microsoft office.. doesnt work. now even chrome is not opening.. no .exe file is opening. same error 0*c0000005 error keeps coming.

manki, Feb 29, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Sounds like it's worse than before.

I don't know if somebody else has an easier fix, but you might want to consider doing a Repair Installation. How to do this is very well explained on the below link.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Another option might be seeing if System Restore can help, but it would have needed to have been activated before the problems.

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. cant open any office of pdf file. c*0000005 msg - Similar Threads - cant open office

2. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  3. Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf file: Hi, After a recent update I am unable to open any .doc, .xlsx or .pdf files and receive the following message: Windows cannot find file name. Make sure you've typed the name correctly, then try again. I have done a clean boot, SFC scan and DISM. Restarted a number of times...
  4. How to export a file created in open office to pdf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export a file created in open office to pdf: How do I export a document created in Open Office to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-file-created-in-open-office-to-pdf/b2c1683b-5b6a-4582-aef8-e265ba8ad7c7
  5. How to export a file created in open office to pdf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to export a file created in open office to pdf: How do I export a document created in Open Office to pdf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-a-file-created-in-open-office-to-pdf/b2c1683b-5b6a-4582-aef8-e265ba8ad7c7
  6. Cannot open any PDF File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot open any PDF File: I upgraded to Microsoft Edge yesterday 9 June. Today I tried to open a PDF file and get the error: Windows cannot find C:\Users\johnb\OneDrive\Desktop\APAM Registration as of 6 June.pdf. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again. I am actually clicking on the...
  7. Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why cant I open JPEG or PDF files: WHy can't I open JPEG or PDF files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-jpeg-or-pdf-files/27fb9eec-b270-4698-897e-0091554c5ef1
  8. unable to open any downloads like PDF files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open any downloads like PDF files.: I have been having problems with my Lenovo laptop where it isn't letting me open any files what so ever. it always says virus detected. I am a college student and I need some files to open in order for me to do my work. I tried searching in setting if there was anything that...
  9. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  10. Msg "Opening ...."

in Browsers and Email
    Msg "Opening ....": Clicking on a shortcut icon on desktop, or in any of the app anchored to the toolbar , it runs but I get this message [img] How to avoid this? Thanks in advance 58610

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can solve this problem the application was unable to start correctly (o*c0000005)

2. 1903 windows update error 0*c0000005