Windows 10: Can't open any windows store apps

Discus and support Can't open any windows store apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by question221, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Can't open any windows store apps

Hello,

I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4 for Defender and though I've searched online on how to fix the problem none of them seem to work. Also, my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings. When I click on it the window closes immediately.

:)

question221, Dec 18, 2015

2. "Has stopped working" Pls fix!!!!

Hi! I have a problem with Windows 10. I can't open any windows apps. Windows Store do not let me to open it. When I try to open any app I receive the message "This app can't be open. Search in windows store an app to open this app."

IULIU OCTAVIANGAMAN, Dec 18, 2015
  3. About Windows store

I can't open windows 10 store because of which I can't install any apps on my PC. Windows 10 store closes as soon as I open it. Please fix it.

SampathKumar_940, Dec 18, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't open any windows store apps

RE : I am having trouble with Windows Defender and Update. I am getting error 0x800705b4
    That error code usually happens, but not necessarily always because of that, when you have a 3rd party anti-virus program installed, such as Avast, AVG, Norton and McAfee. Those programs mentioned have their own defender and having 2 defenders running in the same computer will create conflicts, not to mention redundancy. Therefore, those programs will shut down Windows Defender.

Editing............
    Please disregard the suggestion posted below. I misunderstood your question.

RE : my computer won't let me access the update & security portion of my settings

Try this tutorial :
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10

Also, have a look at this:
    Windows Update Troubleshooter

davidhk, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Hi davidhk,

thank you for responding. I have tried your suggestions and I still have the same issues. I have found out that any windows store app, such as microsoft edge, news, and facebook will automatically close if I try to open it.

question221, Dec 19, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    1. About Windows Defender. Do you have a 3rd party AV installed as suggested in my last reply ?

2. About Apps not working. Try this method...........................

Right click at it > click Command Prompt (Admin) > type powershell > press Enter key.
    At the flashing prompt, copy and paste this command line ( to avoid typo it's best to apply Copy/paste method)......
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

> press Enter.

3. If that does not fix the apps not working issue, try this troubleshooting ..............

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't open any windows store apps

1. Can't open any windows store apps - Similar Threads - Can't open store

2. Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.: I Can't open Microsoft store and install any programs please give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-open-and-cant-install-any/5c9c136d-d93e-4e79-9af0-fd4de1272da9
  3. Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft store Can't open and can't install any apps & Programs.: I Can't open Microsoft store and install any programs please give me a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-cant-open-and-cant-install-any/5c9c136d-d93e-4e79-9af0-fd4de1272da9
  4. Can't open Windows Store app

Can't open Windows Store app: I'm trying hard to fix this problem: Windows Store apps won't open. And I giving up to this Microsoft Community. My apps I've been downloaded from Windows Store won't open, only some of them work correctly,, please help me how to fix this? I get annoyed every time it's...
  5. Can't open Windows Store app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open Windows Store app: I'm trying hard to fix this problem: Windows Store apps won't open. And I giving up to this Microsoft Community. My apps I've been downloaded from Windows Store won't open, only some of them work correctly,, please help me how to fix this? I get annoyed every time it's...
  6. Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store: I've found out that iTunes can't be open as well as the notepad app.I've uninstalled notepad and when I try to reinstall it, this error showed up.The error code is 0x800700B7.I've tried to troubleshoot using Settings but that didn't fix the problemAre there any methods to fix...
  7. Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store

Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store: I've found out that iTunes can't be open as well as the notepad app.I've uninstalled notepad and when I try to reinstall it, this error showed up.The error code is 0x800700B7.I've tried to troubleshoot using Settings but that didn't fix the problemAre there any methods to fix...
  8. I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps: This issue started recently when I couldn't open the Xbox app nor open the Xbox game bar. I don't exactly know what happened from there but now I can't open anything from the Microsoft store including the store itself. I've tried almost every troubleshooter and "solution"...
  9. Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store

Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store: I recently bought minecraft windows 10 edition from the Microsoft Store and when I downloaded it I could play it. After restarting my computer a prompt would come up with "Check the Windows Store for more info about Minecraft." I tried installing a different game and it...
  10. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...