Windows 10: Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

Discus and support Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Titan, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Titan Win User

Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes

Not sure when this issue arrised but i tried to adjust my sound devices today going to start>control panel and the screen blinks while explorer refreshes...?

I did an SFC /SCANNOW and it found some corruption and repaired it. I rebooted and same problem.

Did a virus and malware scan to no resolve.

Optimized my SSD's

drive error checking comes up with nothing.

any other ideas please?

:)

Titan, Jun 2, 2016

2. Can't open file explorer, control panel, task manager

When I go to open file explorer, nothing happens.

When I go to open control panel, the window appears but no icons show up.

When I go to open Task Manager, I get the error 'C:\windows\system32\DUI70.dll'. I looked up how to resolve this issue, and it says to do a sfc /scannow, and I have tried that, but it says 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation'
    after 29%.

Also, when I try to delete an icon off my desktop background, the screen goes black for a couple seconds, and returns back to my desktop screen as if nothing happened.

I googled how to solve all these problems, but none of the solutions worked for me. I tried resetting the pc, but when I click the button to do so, I get the error 'C:\windows\system32\DUI70.dll'.

deftGabriel, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Jane Lla, Jun 2, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Go to Run and punch in word control.exe, maybe that shortcut is bad.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2016
  5. Titan Win User
    That works, wonder why the normal way through start doesn't work*Sad

Titan, Jun 2, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    As I said, probably that shortcut is bad. If you want you can pin it to taskbar and/or desktop.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2016
  7. Titan Win User
    Would this bad shortcut be fixed through sfc scannow function? I mean should it be? Hmm can I do a refresh without losing anything?

Titan, Jun 2, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Jun 2, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    Try this - right click start button, select control panel.

cereberus, Jun 2, 2016
  10. Titan Win User
    That's what's not working..Just causes explorer to blink and refresh the desktop.

Titan, Jun 2, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    I don't have an answer for you except a suggestion :

If you don't want to go through several clicks to open Control Panel and until you have the problem solved, why not create a desktop shortcut ?
    I am sure you know how to do that, so I won't bore you with the "how-to".

davidhk, Jun 2, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    It's curious thing that it's happening, I tried to replicate it but couldn't. I can left or right click on it and it opens in both cases so I don't know of a way to find how it's linked to CP because obviously the link is broken.

CountMike, Jun 2, 2016
  13. Titan Win User

I just finished doing an in place upgrade and still can't access control panel or device manager by clicking on them after right clicking the start button.

Also did a fresh install of new video drivers and nothing.

Now I'm thinking something's conflicting

Titan, Jun 5, 2016
  14. Titan Win User
    any other ideas besides using shortcuts please?

Titan, Jun 8, 2016
  15. Titan Win User
    nvm i fixed it by disabling some start up programs and/or by uninstalling some things lol.

Titan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant open control panel / explorer refreshes - Similar Threads - Cant open control

2. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  3. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Control Panel not openning: Hello i can't open cotrol paneli have this errorException EAccessViolation in module UninistallExplorer.dll at 02D36EB0Access violation at 02D37EB0. write of address 02D37EB0...
  4. Control Panel not openning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Control Panel will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  6. Control Panel will not open

Control Panel will not open: Hey there, I cannot open my control panel. I go to Start and click, input "Control Panel" in the search box. The Control Panel Icon appears in the "Best Match" column and in the right hand pane next to it. Nothing happens when the icon is selected though. When I hover over...
  7. Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  8. Control Panel not opening

Control Panel not opening: I recently updated my preview build to 22h22262.586 and ever since then control panel isnt opening, even if i click uninstall on a program which opens control panel isnt working. only way to open control panel is to go to "C:\Windows\System32\appwiz.cpl".PLS HELP, i dont want...
  9. Can Not Open Settings Control Panel or Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Not Open Settings Control Panel or Internet Explorer: I Tryed Downloading a Mac Mode On My Pc After I Deleted It And I Try To Open A App It Said Class Not Registered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-settings-control-panel-or-internet/f3d4f5a0-19f4-4c90-9aee-71ca8b3f87b2
  10. cant open file explorer, control panel...

in Windows 10 Support
    cant open file explorer, control panel...: Weird issue with Acer CB280HK 4k Monitor So, I was lucky enough to get a new monitor and new pc the other day; a dell xps 8700, and for purposes of this discussion, the video card set up is a intel hd graphics 4600 board, and a Nvidia GTX745, with 4 gigs of ram. The...