Windows 10: Can't open documents

Discus and support Can't open documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Throneback, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Can't open documents

I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install windows again ,previously when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows7 .. i could see windows.old folder in which i had all my 7's programs but after this refresh ,there was windows.old file of only windows 10.So i assume my 7's all gone.Anyway, after refreshing , i click on start and it didn't open any thing.Tried several fixes which include some kinda script in power shell but it didn't worked.Then somewhere i read ,try to create a new account.I created a new account and login in it but start menu was not working even in that.I deleted the old account and then tried to login with this new account but it didn't worked. I lost all my documents related with old account.Then i decided to restore my pc to get back my documents ,eventually i found recently created restore point by windows,i ran it and was able to get back to my deleted account and my documents,everything was there documents,pics,programs .However i can't open any documents.When i try it says,"Access is denied".
    I have already took the ownership and give full control to a file which i want to open but its not working.Tried to enable built-in administrator account and login with that account and opened that file but same result.Documents folder has "Read-Only attributes checked and when i uncheck it ,it apply the attributes to a single folder under documents not to all folders and files.Some files under documents are encrypted and some are read-only,I also copied documents folder to another drive D when i was running windows7 but it shows the same error "Access denied"when opening files from D drive,Is this related to my previous account which i have deleted and restored back?When i I asked on Microsoft they said, they are working on this and would reply,don't know they will reply about start menu or documents,I don't want to reinstall windows ,is there any solution to this?
    Thank you

:)

Throneback, Jun 4, 2015
  2. Entegy Win User

Transferring an OpenOffice spreadsheet to my Nokia Lumia 521

The phone can't open OpenOffice documents. It can only open Microsoft Office documents.

Entegy, Jun 4, 2015
  3. Password data base

I upgraded to Microsoft 10. I have my passwords in a word document format with a password to open it. I tried but the message said this was corrupt or they can't open it. I used the password to open the word document but it said it is not correct. I need
    to get this taken care of. I have a lot of my passwords in this word document and I can't get it open. Please help me.

(DonnaPace#1), Jun 4, 2015
  4. elbmek Win User

Can't open documents

run an anti program first to see what and if you do have a bug. Malwarebytes is good. Do you have up to date AV? Not teaching you to suck eggs but you never know? 7 should be in windows.old if 10 allows it. I dont know that due to not yet being on 10.

elbmek, Jun 5, 2015
  5. Done that ,still problem.

Throneback, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't open documents

1. Can't open documents - Similar Threads - Can't open documents

2. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  3. Account created, can't open Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account created, can't open Document: Hi Created MS365 acc to open a MS Document on laptop. It still refers to MSOffice Try, Buy, Activate. New to system, sorry. Is there an easy way to open the document. Thank you...
  4. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  5. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open excel documents: If I download excel documents on windows 10 I can't open them, not with excel nor sheets, those apps don't show up when I try to choose an app to open the file with. They do have the ".xlxs" at the end but the pc doesn't recognize them for some reason. I tried with files sent...
  6. Can't open excel documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't open scanned documents

Can't open scanned documents: I'm running on Windows 10 and can scan from printer with no problem, however I am unable to open the file from SCANS-it just continuously runs. I also found that I cannot open my SYSTEMS app. Thanks for any suggestions/help....
  8. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open documents: In Word, trying to open documents w/i particular file. I get a pop-up: "Word experienced error trying to open the file. Try: -Check the file permissions for the document; -Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space; -Open the file with the Text Recovery...
  9. secure document can't be opened

in Windows 10 Customization
    secure document can't be opened: How do I grant permission for envelope tools to run? TY B. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-document-cant-be-opened/17b5842d-bc2f-4d4f-a528-5d9e3f3d4adb
  10. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. application virtualization error 46362c1