Windows 10: Can't open File Manager directly on W10

Discus and support Can't open File Manager directly on W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I couldn't open file manager anymore randomly by pressing the shortcut to File Manager that i've been previously using without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by helpmeguys, May 16, 2016.

1. Can't open File Manager directly on W10

Hello,

Yesterday I couldn't open file manager anymore randomly by pressing the shortcut to File Manager that i've been previously using without any problems.

I looked on the internet and i tried this solution where you write "Sfc /scannow" in CMD. No problems found.

Then I realized that i can access my files by pressing on a random folder and access file manager that way.

Anyone had this problem and how do i fix it?

:)

helpmeguys, May 16, 2016
  2. laoduo Win User

can't open .WMF file in W10

can't open .WMF file in W10

laoduo, May 16, 2016
  3. Open with dialog is missing

Surfe you can save it and open from file manager but even doing so I can't open that file using Adobe Reader. The app only shows files saved from the app and not every file stored in the SD card or even if stored directly in the phone.

Thanks for answering!!!

HelderJTCSilva, May 16, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Can't open File Manager directly on W10

What is File Manager ?
    Is it the File Explorer at the taskbar ?

Can't open File Manager directly on W10 [​IMG]

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, not sure what you mean exactly. Double clicking a folder should open explorer (or your default file manager).

Windows key + E also should open explorer.

dalchina, May 16, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 16, 2016
  7. helpmeguys, May 16, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 16, 2016
  9. helpmeguys, May 17, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

If no more issues, please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open File Manager directly on W10 - Similar Threads - Can't open File

2. Can't open task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open task manager: I installed Bluestacks but it crashed so I want to remove it. However, I can't delete it on the control panel and I can't open task manager to delete it either. I opened the task manager and it shut down on its own, that worries me a lot...
  3. Can't open task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open task manager: I installed Bluestacks but it crashed so I want to remove it. However, I can't delete it on the control panel and I can't open task manager to delete it either. I opened the task manager and it shut down on its own, that worries me a lot...
  4. exe files not opening on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    exe files not opening on W10: When I try to open System Mechanic I get the following message:the specified procedure could not be found. Also will not open any downloaded .exe programs or files. Any suggestions? Running W10 with all latest updates....
  5. w10 setting can't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    w10 setting can't open: Hello. Could someone help me with w10, because when I tried to open the setting it's disappear. My w10 is Update. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-setting-cant-open/7f70094a-e55a-4bad-85de-b5297cc7ef90
  6. W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 File Explorer - Can't rename, delete, or double click open: Hi, I brought new laptop. Recently, clicking on a file in file explorer has resulted in rotating blue circle and nothing else. It appears that the explorer has gone into an infinite loop. The files can still be opened by the associated application (e.g., Word, File >...
  7. Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open files stored in e-mail since updating to W10: Before I had W10, I would store important e-mails in e-mail files. When I upgraded to W10, I still have the titles of the files, but when I click on them, they won't open. I've a lot of important info in those files I can't access, i.e. KEYS to programs. How can I open those...
  8. Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly: For some reason I can't directly open my windows 10 apps, i click on them and enter but nothing happens. My non windows apps though work fine. Not only that but if I go into run and type in the location I can access it again. From what I know some sort of registry files got...
  9. Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager: When I go to open file explorer, nothing happens. When I go to open control panel, the window appears but no icons show up. When I go to open Task Manager, I get the error 'C:\windows\system32\DUI70.dll'. I looked up how to resolve this issue, and it says to do a sfc...
  10. Open Task Manager directly to Details

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Task Manager directly to Details: Is there a command parameter to taskmgr.exe to open directly to Details? 39599