Windows 10: Can't Open Folders HELP

Discus and support Can't Open Folders HELP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had Windows 10 for about a month now. Everything has been going well. Then this AM I tried to open a folder on my desktop but it will not open. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adalemidkifffan, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Can't Open Folders HELP

I've had Windows 10 for about a month now. Everything has been going well. Then this AM I tried to open a folder on my desktop but it will not open. I right click on it to only go back to my home screen.I cant even get into my documents.
    No folders what so ever. I clicked on properties to check the securities and all is well there.
    Can any person help help?
    Thanks so much.

:)

adalemidkifffan, Sep 7, 2015

2. Window 10 Mail

I can't create new folders. When mail is open, when I click on 'more' there is no + next to it. So I can't make new folders. Can anyone help

paulhopkins1, Sep 7, 2015
  3. BryceOwen Win User
    Can't open a folder

When we updated to Windows 10 we could not find any of our photos. After much searching the web we were able to find them and put them in a new folder so that way they were all in one spot. Worked like a charm until we tried to open it recently and now it
    won't let us.

The error that we are getting is:

The Location is Not Available

C:\User\blah\momspictures\newcamera\nikon transfer2\100 is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure that you are connected
    to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location can still not be found, it may have been moved or deleted.

So everywhere I have looked they have talked about changing the security on it. But this is the message on the SECURITY tab, under PROPERTIES: The requested security information is either unavailable or can't be displayed.

There are hundreds of photos on here that I don't want to loose. This is a home desktop computer.

BryceOwen, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can't Open Folders HELP

Hello adalemidkifffan, and welcome to Ten Forum. *Smile

If you like, download and merge the .reg files for the listed Folder and Directory items in OPTION TWO of the tutorial below to see if it may help. They will restore the default registry entries for them.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 8, 2015
Thema:

Can't Open Folders HELP

1. Can't Open Folders HELP - Similar Threads - Can't Open Folders

2. I can't open a zip folder with Windows Explorer. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open a zip folder with Windows Explorer. Please help!: I received a zip folder which is supposed to be opened based on a password. It was sent by an insurance company in response to a mediation procedure. When I saved it on my desktop, it was automatically saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader. I tried to open it but every time, I get...
  3. I can't open a zip folder with Windows Explorer. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open a zip folder with Windows Explorer. Please help!: I received a zip folder which is supposed to be opened based on a password. It was sent by an insurance company in response to a mediation procedure. When I saved it on my desktop, it was automatically saved in Adobe Acrobat Reader. I tried to open it but every time, I get...
  4. help me open a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help me open a folder: I Use Dell Windows 10 Home OPTIPLEX 790 Computer and Whenever I Try to open a document folder from the file explorer the following message popup saying 'C:\Users\Sol\Dropbox\PC\Documents\documents_old\My Documents is not accessible . Access is Denied' can you help me solve...
  5. help me open a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me open a folder: I Use Dell Windows 10 Home OPTIPLEX 790 Computer and Whenever I Try to open a document folder from the file explorer the following message popup saying 'C:\Users\Sol\Dropbox\PC\Documents\documents_old\My Documents is not accessible . Access is Denied' can you help me solve...
  6. help me open a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. can't open the prefetch folder

can't open the prefetch folder: hi there:I cannot open the prefetch . I either have to restart explorer.exe or restart my device. When I restarted my device, I go and delete that . Then, I created a new one and go set it to full control. The issue is: Everytime after I am about to shutdown my device and go...
  8. can't open the prefect folder

can't open the prefect folder: hi, I am faced with an issue. I cannot open the prefect folder. I have to restart explorer to fix it or restart my device to fix it. Repairing Windows did not help. It is that folder. Issue only happened in 2004 & 20H2. Did not happen in earlier Windows 10 versions. I need...
  9. Can't delete this folder, help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete this folder, help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pranxter_guy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fj8blq/cant_delete_this_folder_help/
  10. Please Help.. I Suddenly can't Open Any Folders, or This PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help.. I Suddenly can't Open Any Folders, or This PC.: Hello Everyone, I've searched the forum, but haven't been able to find a solution that works. In a nutshell, I can't open "This PC" or any other folder that is on my desktop. File Explorer won't function either. Whether I double-click, or do a right-click and choose "Run",...