Windows 10: Can't open or search anything in my windows 10 computer.

Discus and support Can't open or search anything in my windows 10 computer. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, this is not a problem of mine, but a friends one. He literally can't do anything with his computer. Google doesnt work and he can't search anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hayxel, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Hayxel Win User

Can't open or search anything in my windows 10 computer.

Hi, this is not a problem of mine, but a friends one. He literally can't do anything with his computer. Google doesnt work and he can't search anything and he can't open any apps except LoL, minecraft, etc. Any ideas what can it be? I tried to disable firewall, restarting, but nothing works.

:)

Hayxel, Jul 19, 2017

2. Having problem with "search" button after windows 10 mobile update. Lumia 535 DS

Hello! After updating my phone to windows 10 mobile I can't use bing search for searching the web or my phone, like i did when i had the windows 8.1 on my phone. When i press the "search" button it only opens Edge and i couldn't find anything in settings.
    I also can't use voice commands. When i press the "search" button continuously it doesn't do anything. Is there anything i can do to fix this??

Thank you in advance.

eleftheriap, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Downloaded 10, sound and many programs no longer working

Downloaded new Windows 10 on brand new computer (<3 months used for work only- logged less than 10 hours on this so far). Anyhow, sound no longer works- can't check for speaker update, can't open the windows button or search anything. I can't use basic
    tools of windows: snipping tool, calculator, explorer. Can't open jpegs unless I open it through paint. Any of this happening to anyone else? can anyone fix it?

DanielDavids85, Jul 19, 2017
  4. Can't open or search anything in my windows 10 computer.

Hi Hayxel. Welcome to the TenForums @Hayxel

First things first, is their personal data safely backed up off machine? If not, do so please.

What kind of AV are you running and have you run a secondary product as a confirmation? I would suggest malwarebytes at malwarebytes.com. You may have to boot to safe mode to use. Quickest way to start menu is to hold the shift key down and click restart.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

You may have to download on your machine and then sneaker net to friends machine. Hopefully in safe mode it will execute.

Can you open a Command Prompt(admin)? Right click on Start icon, should be in list. If you can start command prompt(admin) enter the command

sfc /scannow

If secondary AV clean and sfc don't find issues it may just be faster to do a in place repair / upgrade. Create USB key on your machine. Follow this tutorial. This will result in Creator Update being installed. Not sure you will be able to run this process with the lack of ability to execute apps / programs on device.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

First things first, data backup, secondary AV scan and SFC /scannow

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

Can't open or search anything in my windows 10 computer.

1. Can't open or search anything in my windows 10 computer. - Similar Threads - Can't open search

2. My Computer can't open settings,start,search bar,change the wifi or anything in general...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer can't open settings,start,search bar,change the wifi or anything in general...: My laptop is a Latitude e5440.So my computer having a problem,my computer can't open settings,start and search bar.So i try to use Powershell but it doesn't work,so i try Media Creation Tool and it doesn't work either. i can't even run it,it said "Im not sure what happend but...
  3. My Computer can't open settings,start,search bar,change the wifi or anything in general...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer can't open settings,start,search bar,change the wifi or anything in general...: My laptop is a Latitude e5440.So my computer having a problem,my computer can't open settings,start and search bar.So i try to use Powershell but it doesn't work,so i try Media Creation Tool and it doesn't work either. i can't even run it,it said "Im not sure what happend but...
  4. My Computer can't open settings,start,search bar,change the wifi or anything in general...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  6. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar & Windows + x does not open anything

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar & Windows + x does not open anything: Out of the blue, I am unable to type in the search box. I saw in a previous thread someone was told to press windows+x to open window and to type something but when I try, nothing happens....
  7. can't open anything in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't open anything in windows 10: There is no desktop icon i can open any app but nothing will show up while its under the task bar. if i[IMG]open task manager it become black screen with cursor...
  8. Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar: I have tried to do the workaround fix posted in this community previously involving running pasting "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the search bar and running it, to get typing in the Windows search bar working again. This is related to the language bar apparently....
  9. Can't search anything at all in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't search anything at all in Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DragonStriker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0x1a6/cant_search_anything_at_all_in_windows_10/
  10. can't install anything in my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't install anything in my computer: hello. I downloaded a software that had about 8 GB and when I installed it (I installed in drive D ) I saw it's actually installed on drive C! and when I searched for it's folder name it wasn't on my computer, but all the 8 GBs was on my drive C! I thought maybe it just...