Windows 10: Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

Discus and support Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past few days I haven't been able to open any pictures using the Photos APP. I've deleted it and reinstalled it and I've run DISM.exe /Online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MollieMatusick, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

For the past few days I haven't been able to open any pictures using the Photos APP. I've deleted it and reinstalled it and I've run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow twice - before and after deleting and reinstalling the APP - and found no problem. I can open pictures using Paint. I've found other threads for the same problem, but I've tried everything I've seen suggested and I still can't open pictures. Is there anything else I can try? (And I'm virtually computer illiterate.)

:)

MollieMatusick, Jul 12, 2018

2. 'invalid value for registry'

My pictures will not open. It says 'invalid value for registry'. What is wrong, and how can it be fixed?

JulieMartin1, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Pictures fail to open in Windows 10; Error: "invalid value for registry".

*Original Title: Pictures fail to open in Windows 10

Suddenly my pictures will not open in Windows 10. I get error message "invalid value for registry". They still open OK in Photoshop! and the Windows screen saver also opens the same pictures.

How can I cure the problem?

BrianGrieveson, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

invalid value for registry

Try to open a jpeg file and get the following error message, (invalid value for registry.

JohnRuscitelli, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

1. Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry - Similar Threads - Can't open pictures

2. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  3. Invalid Value for Registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid Value for Registry: Hi, I have been away on Hiliday for a few days. Tonight, when I try to open my photos .jpeg and .CR2files I get a message "Invalid Value for Registry". I was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11....
  4. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  5. Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid value of registry and Apps not opening: I have a Windows 11 Home Single Language system upgraded from Windows 10 last year. Last week the Windows Security app, McAfee and other Windows apps stopped opening. I tried restarting/going back to a restore point. I checked Windows Update and the cumulative update failed...
  6. Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid value for registry: A few months ago, I noticed that, out of nowhere, some preinstalled apps refused to open. The ones I can list off the top of my head are- notepad- calculator- photos- the media player for audio- the microsoft store- the snipping toolWhen I try to open a file using an app like...
  7. invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    invalid value for registry: whenever i open any of media files such as photos , videos, music , it shows 'invalid value for registry ' i am using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-registry/1b1d183f-44a2-4be3-9c11-20d9c25dc446
  8. "invalid value for the registry"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "invalid value for the registry": After a recent windows update when trying to open pictures i get the error message "invalid value for the registry" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-value-for-the-registry/c37eedff-6615-46b7-9b15-05318c01aece
  9. Invalid value for registry.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid value for registry.: Hi, I would like to know if there is a possible way to disable the Windows auto update function indefinitely. Eventough I keep disabling them in the Windows Update Settings, somehow the computer end up updating windows again which results being a problem. I am a Windows...
  10. Cant open pictures (Invalid Value for Registry)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open pictures (Invalid Value for Registry): I cannot open any of the pictures on my computer, because I get "Invalid Value for Registry" errors. I dont know how fix this problem. Tried the to reset the photo program, didnt work. found a solution here with doing something in the regedit, didnt work. (the solution are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe invalid value for registry

2. windows 10 cant open graphic invalid value for registry

3. pictures won t open invalid regestry

4. cant open pictures on windows 10 inalid registry value