Windows 10: Can’t open programs on windows 10

Discus and support Can’t open programs on windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently built a custom computer a few days ago and had everything up and running. As of yesterday 7/9/18 I cannot open obs, Twitch, or Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stxnce, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Stxnce Win User

Can’t open programs on windows 10

I recently built a custom computer a few days ago and had everything up and running. As of yesterday 7/9/18 I cannot open obs, Twitch, or Google chrome. When i try to open any of these it appears in my task bar but it doesnt allow me to use the program. Any help is appreciated.

:)

Stxnce, Jul 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Can’t open programs on windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Can’t open programs on windows 10

1. Can’t open programs on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can’t open programs

2. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  3. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open: No matter the app , hotkey, or anything I do to pull something up, the program will run but I can’t get the window to display on my screen.If the description of the issue isn’t clear Here’s a video of my exact issue...
  4. Programs open and run, but I can’t seem to fullscreen/maximize or open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can’t open programs.

Can’t open programs.: The pc boots slowly. Then it can’t open any of the programs. There is plenty of memory and I have removed add-ons. Any advice for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-programs/b51964a3-61c7-4bdf-918a-3a27e6cdf03d
  6. Windows 10 Programs not Opening

Windows 10 Programs not Opening: Whenever I try to open any of the windows 10 inbuilt programs like settings or system it just goes to the blue screen like it's loading the program but never opens. In the event view I get theseError:The program SystemSettings.exe version 10.0.19041.1320 stopped interacting...
  7. Programs not opening in Windows 10

Programs not opening in Windows 10: Recently I've come across an issue on Windows 10 where my editing apps aren't working. Earlier this year they were working fine however and now whenever I double click them they have the loading button for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. I check task manager and...
  8. Windows 10 can’t open many programs

Windows 10 can’t open many programs: System boots up, get the normal screen, but click on any Start button nothing happens, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-open-many-programs/8dccdf43-c7e0-46be-850e-30a6bb0c1ac1
  9. Windows 10 can’t open ANYTHING.

Windows 10 can’t open ANYTHING.: So just now i was playing rocket league on my pc that i built a while back. I got off the game and tried to open valorant and it gave me a bad image error. Now i get an error code 0xc000012f saying bad image for one drive. I want to run an sfc scan but my computer isnt...
  10. I can’t open more than one program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t open more than one program: This issue showed up after Windows 10 update, I can’t have more than one program. I should maximize the program to get it work but minimize the other. I also have problem with the mouse because double click is not working, I can open the programs with right click only....