Windows 10: Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

Discus and support Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by curt jugg, May 6, 2018.

1. curt jugg Win User

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she receives the following comment: "It appears that you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permissions and try again." When I email the scanned document to her she can open it in the normal way. Is this normal or could it be something to do with the recent April update? Grateful for any advice.

:)

curt jugg, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

1. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder - Similar Threads - Can't open scanned

2. Public documents folder changed with version 2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public documents folder changed with version 2004: Up till last week my Public\Documents folder was stored on D an HDD; C is a smaller SSD drive. With the update to 2004 this seems to have changed. If I now look under Libraries / Documents, the location is shown as C used to be D. I cannot change it. Properties does show...
  3. Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Some scanned documents not visible in Public folders: Both my wife and I have administrator accounts on our PC. If my wife scans a document and saves the file in the Public Documents folder, both she and I can read it. If I scan a document and save the file in the Public Documents folder, only I can read it. I thought that all...
  4. OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS

in Windows 10 Customization
    OPENING FOLDERS OR DOCUMENTS: EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND EVERY TIME THIS POPS UP AND EVEY TIME I TICK "ALWAYS USE THIS APP" AND...
  5. Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders

Unable to open documents in the DOWNLOADS and DOCUMENTS folders: Since the past two days, after having downloaded a few documents, I am unable to open them. When I right click to open, it just gets stuck and I have to close it. I have tried moving the folder onto my desktop but once I open that and try to open a document inside, it just...
  6. Can't open scanned documents

Can't open scanned documents: I'm running on Windows 10 and can scan from printer with no problem, however I am unable to open the file from SCANS-it just continuously runs. I also found that I cannot open my SYSTEMS app. Thanks for any suggestions/help....
  7. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open documents: In Word, trying to open documents w/i particular file. I get a pop-up: "Word experienced error trying to open the file. Try: -Check the file permissions for the document; -Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space; -Open the file with the Text Recovery...
  8. Opening folder in "Documents"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening folder in "Documents": I can't access a folder in "Documents" ever since I got a new computer with a Windows update. Can you help me access it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/opening-folder-in-documents/06a648ff-341e-473d-b97e-64fc40102620
  9. Can't save scanned documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save scanned documents: As with my previous post, when I scan a document with a Canon CanoScan 8800F and try to save it to an existing folder the screen/box pops up and says "Cannot save file. The location you want to save to is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk." I'm...
  10. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open documents: I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install windows again ,previously when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows7 .. i could see windows.old folder in which i had all my 7's...