Windows 10: Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

Discus and support Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So yeah.. title? I don't know how or why it happened. One day, it just kinda did, without any possible explanation. Please help me fix these problems,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dogecore, Jul 12, 2018.

1. dogecore Win User

Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

So yeah.. title? I don't know how or why it happened. One day, it just kinda did, without any possible explanation.
    Please help me fix these problems, they're the only reason I went and made an account here. I previously had issues with this system, but none were as annoying as this one, and were temporary.

:)

dogecore, Jul 12, 2018
  2. pepanee Win User

Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

Let's try an attempt at resetting default computer settings by doing simple steps.

1) Right click on the Taskbar, and uncheck Lock the taskbar
    2) Click-and-drag the Taskbar over to the left side of the screen, and let go of the mouse click, to set the Taskbar over there
    3) Again, now click-and-drag the Taskbar from the left part of your screen right back down to the bottom
    4) Right click on the Taskbar, and check Lock the taskbar

Try running full screen applications.

Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen [​IMG]

pepanee, Jul 12, 2018
  3. johnr_312 Win User
    Taskbar in start menu

randomly when i press or use the start menu then my taskbar is still visible and looks wierd. I use my taskbar in fullscreen mode like windows 8 and the taskbar is still visible after i reboot my pc does anyone know a fix?

johnr_312, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

Windows 10 brings taskbar on top of fullscreen-windows

I was playing a game on my laptop and suddenly the taskbar is visible in a fullscreen game. It did not stop there, after the game i opened Netflix. When i tried to fullscreen the video again the taskbar appeared. Please suggest a fix. Thank You.

DarshanWaghela, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen

1. Can't open Settings or Start Menu, taskbar visible in fullscreen - Similar Threads - Can't open Settings

2. Start menu and settings now opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and settings now opening: My windows 10 settings will not open. It will just close and my start menu will not open. It will ask me to sign out. I had this problem before, but not at the same time....
  3. Windows 10 taskbar slightly visible in applications that are in fullscreen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taskbar slightly visible in applications that are in fullscreen.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/M_Huzaifa12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dw406h/windows_10_taskbar_slightly_visible_in/
  4. Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything

Can't Open Start menu or Settings tried everything: When I started my PC today I couldn't use the start menu and the toolbar wouldn't disappear in full screen videos also i tried to open settings it say that the settings don't exsist I have tried all the solutions I could find including on other discussion so what should I...
  5. Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu

Set Color on TaskBar and Start Menu: Why are some tiles gray and others blue? Can I set DVD player and weather gray too? [img] 25482
  6. Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color

Can't set a custom accent/taskbar/start menu color: I recently installed Win10 Home on my laptop, and the only color choices I have for the accent are a set of about 50 color swatches, all of which are pretty garish. This tutorial shows an option to set color with HSB, which I used in the past in 8.1, but those options are...
  7. Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar still visible in fullscreen mode: I have been facing an issue where the taskbar is still visible when launching a full screen application, such as game, a video player or even some applications like Remote Desktop Connection. The only way to solve this is restarting Windows Explorer process through Task...
  8. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  9. Can't open start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open start menu: I can't open my start menu and when I try to open some stuff. It happened a week ago when I was away from pc *Mad Screen capture - 4d26d594ea04bc174b8336a6835b92d8 - Gyazo P.s when my mouse is over the win button i am pressing. 20768
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...