Windows 10: Cant open some .exe files

Discus and support Cant open some .exe files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ca10c3sar, Mar 25, 2017.

1. ca10c3sar Win User

Cant open some .exe files

I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont.
    The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly"

Cant open some .exe files [​IMG]

:)

ca10c3sar, Mar 25, 2017
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Can't open some .exe files!

Thank you for the update. As the troubleshooting steps provided did not work, we suggest contacting the app developer directly to help resolve the issue as it is best handled by them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Mar 25, 2017
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Can't open some .exe files!

Hi,

For us to provide the best resolution possible, we need additional information:

• What is the name of the app that you've downloaded?
    • Where did you download the app?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, assuming your shortcut appears to point to an exe file which does exist in the corresponding location, but the shortcut doesn't launch that program, you might like to have a look at the second answer here:
    Windows cannot find '?.exe' - some apps only - Super User

There are quite a few references on the internet to not being able to find chrome.exe from a shortcut. You can search for
    windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

e.g.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    Your error message translated in English says "Windows can't find XXXXXXX. Make sure the name was entered correctly and
    try again".

Is the file deleted, an orphan shortcut left on desktop?

6. Do you have service Distributed Link Tracking Client up and running?

sc config TrkWks start= auto
    net start TrkWks

TairikuOkami, Mar 25, 2017
  7. ca10c3sar Win User
    EDIT: Yes, i do

This not happening with just those .exe, happens with many .exes and not only in shortcuts, i can go in folder and try open it, it pop up same message

It happens even if i run windows in secure mode:

I already run ccleaner, tried clean all registry, etc nothings resolves my problem *cry
    I think it start happens when i uninstalled avg and that garbage of pc tuneup something like that.

ca10c3sar, Mar 26, 2017
  8. ca10c3sar Win User

I cant find those keys in my regedit

ca10c3sar, Mar 26, 2017
  9. ca10c3sar Win User
    Guys i downloaded advanced system care, and run it for search for register errors, found many, after finish it and reboot, it back working, thank you everyone

ca10c3sar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant open some .exe files - Similar Threads - Cant open exe

2. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  3. I cant open .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open .exe files: hello, My issue i am having is that no matter what i cannot open .exe files. or more lie files specifically from github or so i know of. I have tried a number of "solutions".1. Check for MalwareMalware or viruses can sometimes cause .exe files not to run. Running a full...
  4. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  5. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  6. Cant open a .exe

7. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  8. .exe files and some apps wont open

.exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  9. My Winows cant open some exe files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Winows cant open some exe files: Hello there, I recently bought a new pc and I have a problem. When i want to open a exe file, which I downloaded from the internet, nothing happens or a error comes up. Please help me....
  10. cant run some exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant run some exe files: I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't. It doesn't come up in the task manager. The file i am trying to use is Autodesk.Aec.Content.CatalogEditor.exe. Some exe...