Can't open some files in Documents

Discus and support Can't open some files in Documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I have made a mess. I had a file called "password" in my document file, it was a "read only" file. There was another file called "passwords"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ladyovr60, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ladyovr60 Win User

I think I have made a mess. I had a file called "password" in my document file, it was a "read only" file. There was another file called "passwords" out there too. It was not marked "read only" I have no idea how to make it not "read only" so I just renamed it. Now none of the files will open. I click it, the hour glass comes up, but it never opens. What can I do to fix this?
    Any help will be appreciated!

:)

ladyovr60, Jun 28, 2018
  2. FordGT90Concept Win User

Allow open file standard attachments

Borrowing this list from Wikia: svg, odt, ods, odp, odg, odc, odf, odi, odm, ogg, ogv, oga

svg = Scale Vector Graphic
    odt = Open Document Text
    ods = Open Document Spreadsheet
    odp = Open Document Presentation
    odg = Open Document Graphics
    odf = Open Document Formula
    odi = Open Document Image
    odm = Open Document Master
    ogg = Ogg Vorbis
    ogv = Ogg Vorbis Video
    oga = Ogg Vorbis Audio

FordGT90Concept, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 28, 2018
  4. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Can't open some files in Documents [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open some files in Documents - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. I can't delete winrar, says file is open in another program, causing virus (I think)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't delete winrar, says file is open in another program, causing virus (I think): Hi, i downloaded Winrar a few months ago to extract .rar files, but I think I downloaded a fake and now I can't delete it. It caused 3 unwanted apps to be downloaded, I did not choose to download them and I was unaware until the app showed up. It also keeps making this thing...
  3. Windows DVD Player associated with .IFO files but can't open them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD Player associated with .IFO files but can't open them: Here is the issue: Go to an IFO file on the HDD and try to open it - catastrophic error Insert a DVD and auto run with no action. Try to run the IFO file - catastrophic error. Cancel error and can run DVD from the control bar. Have not been able to remove option to "open...
  4. Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs: Hi! I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this: [img] [img] I tried to change the Default Program, to convert the files, but nothing helped... If somebody recognizes the problem, please help...
  5. Can't Delete A Folder Due To Message "File Is Open In Another Program"

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete A Folder Due To Message "File Is Open In Another Program": The ASUS Aura software for my ASUS B250F motherboard was working fine until I downloaded ASUS GPU Tweak II, for some reason it reset the lighting on my motherboard back to its default rainbow setting, I went into The ASUS Aura software to change it back to the way it was...
  6. Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open file explorer, control panel, and task manager: When I go to open file explorer, nothing happens. When I go to open control panel, the window appears but no icons show up. When I go to open Task Manager, I get the error 'C:\windows\system32\DUI70.dll'. I looked up how to resolve this issue, and it says to do a sfc...
  7. Windows Security - These files can't be opened. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Security - These files can't be opened. Windows 10: Hello, this appears to be a relatively common problem. I have been searching google trying to find a solution but have so far been unsuccessful. The most common solution is the right click on the file, click on properties, in the general catigory, click on unblock. The...
  8. Can't delete files if Preview Pane open in Win. Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't delete files if Preview Pane open in Win. Explorer: Hi all Just thought I'd throw this in - not sure if it relates to recent "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607" (Anniversary Upgrade) or the more recent "Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3176936)". However, I haven't noted this particular...
  9. file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open

in Windows 10 Support
    file types tab in advanced indexing options - can't open: Hi, I can't open file types tab in advanced indexing options, In Task Manager related process dllhost.exe COM Surrogate not responding Any help? 86164
  10. Can't open "recovered" files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open "recovered" files: Dear all I have an HP laptop15-F009VM that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 i Recover my usb drive most of files can not be open Text Document ( unknown format can not read it) …Lb ´Ý62MÍ Æ÷áC’Ë]ê¶ÙeD{ÂÒ…É¥576!3<ZFß;Àˆs×Üîǘ”’°Ê‚ SC0 image...