Windows 10: Can't open some files in Documents

Discus and support Can't open some files in Documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I think I have made a mess. I had a file called "password" in my document file, it was a "read only" file. There was another file called "passwords"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ladyovr60, Jun 28, 2018.

1. ladyovr60 Win User

Can't open some files in Documents

I think I have made a mess. I had a file called "password" in my document file, it was a "read only" file. There was another file called "passwords" out there too. It was not marked "read only" I have no idea how to make it not "read only" so I just renamed it. Now none of the files will open. I click it, the hour glass comes up, but it never opens. What can I do to fix this?
    Any help will be appreciated!

:)

ladyovr60, Jun 28, 2018
  2. FordGT90Concept Win User

Allow open file standard attachments

Borrowing this list from Wikia: svg, odt, ods, odp, odg, odc, odf, odi, odm, ogg, ogv, oga

svg = Scale Vector Graphic
    odt = Open Document Text
    ods = Open Document Spreadsheet
    odp = Open Document Presentation
    odg = Open Document Graphics
    odf = Open Document Formula
    odi = Open Document Image
    odm = Open Document Master
    ogg = Ogg Vorbis
    ogv = Ogg Vorbis Video
    oga = Ogg Vorbis Audio

FordGT90Concept, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jun 28, 2018
  4. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

Can't open some files in Documents [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open some files in Documents - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open scanned document in Public Documents folder: My wife and I have administrator accounts on the same computer. I recently scanned a document and saved the scan in the Public Documents folder ( I have public folder sharing turned on). I can open the scanned document without a problem but when my wife tries to open it she...
  3. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't run install file ' these files can't be opened': getting error message when trying to run an .exe file these files can't be opened... your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened .. i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )...
  4. Cant open some .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284
  5. Downloaded documents opening in a wrong file

Downloaded documents opening in a wrong file: Greetings tenforums I've recently updated to windows 10 and I'm encountering a problem with downloaded word documents opening in Wordpad instead of Microsoft word. A few details: The documents in the site in downloading from has always used microsoft word documents,...
  6. Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 will not allow opening files in documents: Since the Creators Upgrade, any Office 365 app, e.g. MSWord does not have option to browse for files in the Documents folder. If I try to browse, It goes to "This PC" and to "not responding". It automatically inserts "Sky Drive" which is probably the problem but I haven't...
  7. Can't open Zip Files

Can't open Zip Files: When I click a zip file all the options are grayed out. If I right click I do not have an Extract option. If I click Send to Compressed (Zip ) folder it makes another copy in the same folder. What is the next step? How do I open zip this? Thank you [img] 40173
  8. MP4 file opens on personal laptop as XML Document file

in Windows 10 Support
    MP4 file opens on personal laptop as XML Document file: I downloaded an MP4 video file on my work laptop (Windows 7) and was able to open and watch it on Windows Media Player. I copied the file onto an external memory drive to watch the video at home but when I open the drive on my personal laptop (Windows 10) the file changes...
  9. Can't open documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open documents: I have windows10 installed but some virus infected my firefox browser and i had no option but to refresh my pc which i didn't know would install windows again ,previously when i upgraded to windows 10 from windows7 .. i could see windows.old folder in which i had all my 7's...
  10. Can't open "recovered" files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open "recovered" files: Dear all I have an HP laptop15-F009VM that shipped with Windows 8.1. I upgraded to Windows 10 i Recover my usb drive most of files can not be open Text Document ( unknown format can not read it) …Lb ´Ý62MÍ Æ÷áC’Ë]ê¶ÙeD{ÂÒ…É¥576!3<ZFß;Àˆs×Üîǘ”’°Ê‚ SC0 image...