Windows 10: Can't open Task Manager as administrator

Discus and support Can't open Task Manager as administrator in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SPAAAACE, Dec 5, 2017.

1. SPAAAACE Win User

Can't open Task Manager as administrator

So, whenever i try to open my task manager on my pc, it says "Task Manager was deactivated by your Administrator", even thought it is my PC and i am the admin. I never deactivated task manager, i don't know why would i ever do that, any suggestions so i can "activate" it ? Screenshot - 12b812b50cb83bb65de7a1b3ebabbdcf - Gyazo (Screen shot)*Confused

:)

SPAAAACE, Dec 5, 2017
  2. MaikeruCS Win User

Urgently need help!

I still can't open folders, open task manager, and anything that requires administrator just flashes my screen black and errors. I can't reset to Windows 7 or restore to when I first got Windows 10 either.

MaikeruCS, Dec 5, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager Stops Responding when opened to kill a non-responsive program.

I used to have Windows 7 Ultimate, and when I wanted to kill tasks that were unresponsive, the Task Manager worked perfectly.

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Professional, and now when programs stop responding (like Guild Wars 2 run in Administrator), I open Task Manager, but then when Task Manager opens, it won't respond. I can't click anything, and I don't even get a non-responsive
    message. I can switch between tasks, but I can't use the task manager, or switch tabs, or even click anything in task manager.

SO, what is happening? How do I determine what is happening? How do I fix this?

MichaelParcels, Dec 5, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Dec 5, 2017
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    Can't tell from your specs, Home or Pro, don't think you have 223 GB of ram onboard. If Pro, I would look in gpedit.msc and run some scans for malware and virus and rootkit. *Cool

dmholt57, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open Task Manager as administrator - Similar Threads - Can't open Task

2. Can't open task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open task manager: I installed Bluestacks but it crashed so I want to remove it. However, I can't delete it on the control panel and I can't open task manager to delete it either. I opened the task manager and it shut down on its own, that worries me a lot...
  3. Can't open task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open task manager: I installed Bluestacks but it crashed so I want to remove it. However, I can't delete it on the control panel and I can't open task manager to delete it either. I opened the task manager and it shut down on its own, that worries me a lot...
  4. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  5. Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager

Can't Open Settings but it shows it is open in task bar and in task manager: I have tried most methods so far.Here are some of the methods I have tried:1. Using these Commands in the command prompt:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth then restarting pc2.Reinstalling Windows 11 ISO method3. right clicking the settings icon on the...
  6. I can't open task manager and cmd

I can't open task manager and cmd: Hi,For some reason I cannot open my task manager or CMD just to close some files or navigate around my system. It seems to be working before but now I cannot use it. What to do?...
  7. I can't open Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't open Task manager: So yeah, recently I can't open Task manager, I don't really know if this is caused by a virus or not but it happens when I downloaded a file, It isn't very good since I need Task manager to close some of my applications. So if you guys have any solution to this please reply....
  8. Can't open anything including task manager

Can't open anything including task manager: I should start by saying that this started when I restarted to update my graphics driver When I log in, I can't click on anything on my taskbar. the start menu opens, but nothing on it works either. windows key + R openes the little input box, but won't actually run...
  9. Task Manager disabled by Administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager disabled by Administrator: Hey guys, I need help about Task Manager, my task manager keep disabled by administrator everytime i restart my laptop, i always need to use a command prompt to fix it temporaly, can anyone help me how to fix it for good? This is the command prompt i used everytime i...
  10. Windows Task Manager can't be opened.

Windows Task Manager can't be opened.: When I use ProcessExplorer and click "Replace Task Manager", Windows Task Manager can't be opened. Though "Taskmgr.exe" isn't have any problems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-task-manager-cant-be-opened/bac59266-0d8d-4341-87c0-ebbc39e5b223