Windows 10: Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc

Discus and support Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; after the windows 10 updated, the battery icon didn't show on my taskbar and when I try to open it and it's lock and can't be open. The brightness of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pkqisgood, Aug 20, 2018.

1. pkqisgood Win User

Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc

after the windows 10 updated, the battery icon didn't show on my taskbar and when I try to open it and it's lock and can't be open. The brightness of my computer cannot be adjusted too.

:)

pkqisgood, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Manually Adjust The Minimum Backlight Brightness on Windows 10 Desktop

We appreciate your response. There are 4 methods on how you can adjust the screen brightness in Windows 10. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these methods below which you're not done yet:

Method 1: Adjust screen brightness using hotkeys:

• Press Fn + F5/F6 can be used to adjust the screen brightness.
    • Look at your keyboard to see brightness symbol on Function keys.

Method 2: Use Action Center to display brightness in Windows 10

• Click on the Action Center icon in the taskbar to reveal the Action Center pane.
    • Click on the brightness tile to increase/reduce the display brightness. If you can’t see the brightness tile, click
      Expand button.
    • Clicking on the brightness tile once will take the brightness to the next level. For instance, if you click on the tile when the brightness is at 25%, the brightness will be increased to 50%. Once the brightness is reaches 100%, click on the tile again
      to start from 0%.

Method 3: Use settings to adjust screen brightness in Windows 10

• Open Settings by clicking on its icon in the left side of the Start menu.
    • At the home page of Settings, click System.
    • You should now see Adjust brightness level option with a slider to adjust the display brightness. If you can’t see the option, click on Display (Settings > System > Display).

Method 4: Use Control Panel to adjust brightness in Windows 10

• Right-click on the battery icon in system tray of taskbar and then click
      Adjust screen brightness option to open Power Options window.
    • At the bottom of the screen, you should see Screen brightness option with a slider. Move the slider towards the left of the screen to reduce the screen brightness and towards to the right to increase the brightness.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Sherryy1 Win User
    BRIGHTNESS & DISPLAY ADJUSTMENT. MY "T" DOESN'T WANT TO PRINT SOMETIMES

I can't adjust my brightness or display size (print) in Windows 10 (my version has night llight selection which isn't hot so I can't turn on or off ) no brightness option. No print or font size option either. I also have a hard time getting my "t" to
    type when using my keyboard. Sometimes It works and sometimes it doesn't. Any suggestions are welcome.

Sherryy1, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc

Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc

1. Can't open the battery icon on my taskbar and can't adjust the brightness of my pc - Similar Threads - Can't open battery

2. I can't adjust my screen brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't adjust my screen brightness: Suddenly my laptop doesn't let me change my screen brightness. I am stuck with the full brightness and it is uncomfortable. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-my-screen-brightness/4e2f924d-476c-4c3f-be52-ebbdb7ccc2d0
  3. Can't adjust brightness on laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't adjust brightness on laptop: I tried adjusting the slider, but it's faded and won't work. The brightness keys don't work either, and now the brightness slider has disappeared for some reason. Does anyone know what I can do? So far, I've tried updating my graphics driver, but that didn't work. submitted...
  4. Can't adjust brightness of my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't adjust brightness of my screen: After updating windows 10 i can't adjust brightness of my laptop please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-of-my-screen/4ee5fdc8-d401-4963-8694-f83358226d03
  5. Can't adjust brightness of my laptop

Can't adjust brightness of my laptop: Can't adjust brightness of my screen in windows 10 after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-of-my-laptop/b4be13cd-47c3-42fd-95a9-5463c6cec0ad
  6. Can't adjust brightness of my laptop

Can't adjust brightness of my laptop: I can't adjust brightness of my screen in windows 10 after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-of-my-laptop/3f079140-a4d1-4d22-aca8-f0bc31a305fe
  7. Can't adjust brightness of my laptop

Can't adjust brightness of my laptop: Recent update spoil my brightness of my laptop in windows 10 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-adjust-brightness-of-my-laptop/1b59d35f-61ed-4ea6-901c-710503216598
  8. Can't adjust screen brightness

Can't adjust screen brightness: Hi there, Right after I updated the latest version of windows 10, I can't change the screen brightness for my laptop. All display adapters are up to date. No brightness slidebar shown in "Settings"->"Display"->"Brightness and color". I also tried my hot key FN+F12 to adjust...
  9. can't adjust brightness?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't adjust brightness?: so i got this surface laptop earlier today from my school and i was able to adjust the brightness first time i tried,when i was gonna adjust it again the slider wouldn't do anything and after a restart it's completely gone from the settings.sorry if i'm being dumb but it's my...
  10. Can't adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't adjust brightness: Hi guys. Recently I upgraded to Windows 10 on my acer notebook which I use when I travel. It has intel graphics. Brightness is stuck at 100. And it's not that big of a deal but it becomes a problem when I am in complete darkness. Help I guess? Btw when I move scale in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. battery icon in taskbar does not show brightness

2. show brightness in taskbar

3. add brightness control to taskbar

4. brightness slider bar,
  5. brightness in taskbar,
  6. show brightness icon on taskbar,
  7. brightness in taskbar battery icon not showing,
  8. windows 10 cant adjust brightness from battery icon in taskbar,
  9. i cant see brightness option in battery details,
  10. taskbar battery icon brightness,
  11. cant adjust brightness on laptop windows 10 from taskbar only batter saver ,
  12. open battery icon on my taskbar,
  13. click on battery icon to change brightness,
  14. brightness icon battery ,
  15. battery tile on taskbar