Windows 10: Can't paste into Win 10 Calculator

Discus and support Can't paste into Win 10 Calculator in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Any time I paste a number into any of the conversion tools that Calculator has built into it, it crashes. I can paste into the standard calculator with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mja1981, Oct 20, 2017.

1. mja1981 Win User

Can't paste into Win 10 Calculator

Any time I paste a number into any of the conversion tools that Calculator has built into it, it crashes. I can paste into the standard calculator with no issues. Anyone know why this is and how I can fix it?

:)

mja1981, Oct 20, 2017

2. how to run a windows 7 calculator in windows 10

Greetings

Well, in win 7 the calculator was the best on the world. But in win 10 this is not that good. I loved win 7 calculator because there was possibility to change values in history.

Could somebody tell me is there a possibility to run win7 calc in win10.

Tanks

Robert

Robert.Jan, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Calculator

You are correct that it is possible to copy and paste from Calculator to Excel but a scenario that I use very often where this does not work is: copy & paste from Excel to Calculator e.g 100.00, modify value in Calculator e.g. 100.00 + 10.00 = 110.00,
    then copy & paste from Calculator back to Excel does not work.

lewishilary, Oct 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Can't paste into Win 10 Calculator [​IMG]

Hi if you're taking about the universal app Calculator, I just pasted 123 in.
    My build is 15063.674 - which do you have?
    Windows key + R, winver

You could try re-registering the app - see the Tutorial section, search for re-register, and in the document search for Calculator.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2017
  5. mja1981 Win User
    I'm running Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19

mja1981, Oct 20, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    You could try re-registering the app - see the Tutorial section, search for re-register, and in the document search for Calculator.

dalchina, Oct 20, 2017
  7. mja1981 Win User
    I just tried a tutorial that had me open command prompt and then copy in a powershell script that should have reregistered Calculator for me, and it processed something, but still didn't resolve the issue. I was running insider preview builds for the last few months and recently installed my current version of windows as a fresh install. I noticed I had this same issue while using those other builds of windows as well.

mja1981, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

@mja1981,

So am I, and pasting into Calculator's currency converter closes my Calculator too. I say 'close' because no crash is recorded in the Reliability Monitor or Event Viewer. It does the same on my other machine, Windows 10 Pro (x86) 16299.15. Calculator is Version 10.1709.2703.0.

You seem to have found a bug in 1709, so probably no point in searching for a fix at this point. This appears to need Microsoft to provide an update.

Edit: I have just submitted a report on this through the Feedback Hub, hopefully this will prompt a fix.

9. dalchina New Member
    Fortunately there are plenty of other (free) calculators around...

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't paste into Win 10 Calculator - Similar Threads - Can't paste Calculator

2. calculator win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    calculator win 10: wehere is de calculator in win 10 i did try to get more than 2 hour to get it why is so DIFFICULT TO GET A CALCULATORA SIMPLE CALCULATOR DO THISA DO so i started to hate windows...
  3. calculator win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    calculator win 10: wehere is de calculator in win 10 i did try to get more than 2 hour to get it why is so DIFFICULT TO GET A CALCULATORA SIMPLE CALCULATOR DO THISA DO so i started to hate windows...
  4. calculator win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Calculator is missing in win 10 pro.

Calculator is missing in win 10 pro.: I'm working a company where users used to feed data in windows 10 machines. Later found out that windows default apps like calendar ,calculator found missing and tried number of methods that found in internet and still haven't able to get the calculator. And the users need...
  6. Calculator percentage (%) issue in Win 10

Calculator percentage (%) issue in Win 10: Hi there, About a year ago something happened to the Windows calculator and the percentage (%) calculation is not working properly since then. I tried to report this issue to them but no answer and the problem is still exists. Before, when I calculated percentage, I...
  7. Can't get updates past win 10 ver 1709 x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't get updates past win 10 ver 1709 x64: I am constantly bombarded with continuous updates for versions 1803 and 1809. I have run the update assistant, checked all my drivers and manually updated them and tried all the different suggestions for fixes I can find on the internet to no avail. I just keep getting 1803...
  8. Calculator in Win 10 is not working.

Calculator in Win 10 is not working.: Tried to use the built in Calculator in win 10 this morning and got the following message: THIS APP CAN'T OPEN Your trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Windows Store to purchase the full app. I've used the calculator numerous times with no issues. I've...
  9. Windows 10 Calculator - Cut & Paste

Windows 10 Calculator - Cut & Paste: I often cut and paste calculator results. I can copy the number displayed on the calculator but then there is no option to paste the number in Microsoft Money. The calculator in Windows 8 was fine. Is there a better calculator than this feeble effort in Windows 10? 54194
  10. Can't paste into Calculator from Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't paste into Calculator from Excel: As per title, because there's a dollar sign in the figure. Win7 did this very well... ffs 21718

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows calculator you can paste into

2. cannot paste into windows calculator