Windows 10: Can't Play BluRay Disks?

Discus and support Can't Play BluRay Disks? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

Can't Play BluRay Disks?

I can no longer play BluRay disks following my recent upgrade to Windows 10 - I've tried playing commercial BluRay discs and recorded disks from my Panasonic BluRay TV recorder.

The BluRay disks used to play fine on my PC but now I've upgraded to Windows 10 nothing will play the disk or .m2ts file - I've tried Nero BluRay Player, VLC, Films & TV and Media Player.

The BluRay disks play fine in my 2 dedicated BluRay players so the disks are OK. Has Windows 10 done something to trash the codecs for BluRay playback and how do I check and solve the issue? Perhaps I should uninstall/reinstall Nero 2015 which I use for BluRay playback?

:)

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  2. kchmid Win User

Bluray drive not working after installing Windows 10

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. A few years ago, I installed Windows 10. One thing I didn't do was to check that all the software and drives were still working. I recently tried to play a Bluray disc in the bluray drive that came standard when I purchased
    the laptop. The drive plays regular dvds and cd. It rips cds correctly. It even recognizes the bluray disc and displays the correct title in file explorer. However, it cannot play the bluray dvd.

Is this a drive or driver issue? I would assume it should be a simple fix, as all other functions of the drive are working properly... I just can't get the bluray movie to play.

kchmid, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Unable to access pictures from bluray. BD disc on Windows 10

does any one know why Microsoft have stopped all bluray playback programs from playing bluray discs, I havew tried cyberlink power dvd 15 it does not work with windows 10 and have tried vlc player and other players, so now my Sony vaio with bluray player
    which I purchased for playing bluray is next to useless, should have purchased an apple?

Original title: bluray

davehughesmicrosoft, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Can't Play BluRay Disks?

Update: Installing the free Leawo Bluray player restored my Bluray playback capability - see my post 21 at
    anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player

The problem was probably an incompatibility between my Nero2015 BluRay player and Windows 10 which it seems is another example of porr software engineering from Nero. If Leawo can provide a decent working Bluray player for free, why can't Nero?

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  5. klcp Win User
Thema:

Can't Play BluRay Disks?

1. Can't Play BluRay Disks? - Similar Threads - Can't Play BluRay

2. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk: Good day, I have a BluRay R/W disk unit connected to a WIN10 system via USB. Normal sound plays well; however when sounds such as rocket launches are added, those sounds are clipped and distorted. Any apparent volume adjustments are futile. Any suggestions?Thanks!...
  3. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk: Good day, I have a BluRay R/W disk unit connected to a WIN10 system via USB. Normal sound plays well; however when sounds such as rocket launches are added, those sounds are clipped and distorted. Any apparent volume adjustments are futile. Any suggestions?Thanks!...
  4. Distortion of sound with BluRay Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine

Lite-On iHES206 Bluray drive doesn't recognize bluray disks on Windows 10 - plays DVD just fine: Hi,I've tried multiple bluray disks and the drive just shows as empty. Device manager shows the device as a DVD/CDRom with a driver date of 2006 - which seems wrong. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, multiple times. I've also tried different SATA ports - no...
  6. can't play a video on an external hard disk

can't play a video on an external hard disk: It happens quite regularly that when I try to play a video on my external hard disk, a dialog pops up that states: 'The directory name is invalid'. Can this be resolved? Many thanks...
  7. How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?

How do I play bluray discs on windows 10?: Whenever I try to play blu ray discs on my blu ray drive, I get an error in VLC. I tried getting help from Microsoft tech support but they seemed to be unable to understand what it meant to play a blu ray disc. o_O One "advisor" said to use VLC and it would play any blu ray...
  8. bluray not playing since update

bluray not playing since update: I have a bluray internal drive that worked perfectly before the creators update and since only works with dvd's or with cd's and does not recognise bluray disks. if a bluray disk is loaded in drive windows 10 thinks the drive is empty. Please help!...
  9. BluRay player

BluRay player: Where can I download a Microsoft ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluray-player/3ab36b30-0ac0-49ca-b572-395641d573bc
  10. BluRay Drive won't play movie discs

BluRay Drive won't play movie discs: I am trying to play some bluray discs on Windows 10. It sometimes sees the drive but rarely see the disc in the drive. I am unable to go back to Windows 7 or 8. Every time I try to play a movie in various movie player, the disc would not be found. 6202