Windows 10: cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked

Discus and support cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I have a HP laptop/tablet and for a few months i havent been able to a windows update, so i thought i would reboot it, but at one point a black... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by joshuawoolley, Aug 14, 2018.

1. cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked

Hi. I have a HP laptop/tablet and for a few months i havent been able to a windows update, so i thought i would reboot it, but at one point a black screen with blue texts came basicaly asking me to accept by pressing F1 or refusing with F2 but i cant press any of them and my computer is blocked in this mode and cant turn it off, i tried letting the batterie die but when i charged it again it was the same thing.

I realy need help with this cause i realy cant do anything and have seen nothing about this on any forums.

Thanks for taking the time to read this even if you dont know how to fix it.

:)

joshuawoolley, Aug 14, 2018
  2. ianhorne Win User

Error: press f1 to reboot when computer starts

Original title: computer

got to press f1 to reboot when computer starts

ianhorne, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Romaneus Win User
    Romaneus, Aug 14, 2018
  4. cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked

Press F1 to continue!

Okay, this is what is on the "Press-F1 screen":

Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG, An Energy Star Ally
    Copyright (C) 1984-2003, Phoenix Technologies, LTD

K8M800-M7 A (K8M8M111 BS)

Main Processor : AMD Athlon (tm) 64 Processor 3200+
    Memory Testing : 1047552K OK + 1M TSeg memory

IDE Channel 0 Master : DVDRW 16X16X YTS1
    IDE Channel 0 Slave : None
    IDE Channel 1 Master : None
    IDE Channel 1 Slave : WDE WD2500BB-55GUC0 08.02D08

IDE Channel 2 Master : None
    ***Floppy disk(s) fail (40)one***

Press F8 to Enable System Configuration
    Press F9 to Select Booting Device after POST
    Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP
    01/11/2007-K8M800-8237-6A7L1B0SC-00

I'm going to try some of the things that you guys suggested now.

Well, I figured out what was wrong. It took all of about 2min. of investigation, LOLz. I just never took the time to try to figure it out because it really didn't bother me to press F1.

Thanks for the help guys!

Franklinwallbrown, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked

1. cant press F1 to accept reboot, leads to computer being blocked - Similar Threads - cant press accept

2. Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot: The computer had a reboot and I wonder if this could happen again. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffd1800cd57218, 0x8a00000000300121, 0xfffff60646051d00, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in:...
  3. Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown Reason Lead to Laptop Reboot: The computer had a reboot and I wonder if this could happen again. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xffffd1800cd57218, 0x8a00000000300121, 0xfffff60646051d00, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in:...
  4. I cant tell what key is being pressed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant tell what key is being pressed: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cheebo364 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld9wji/i_cant_tell_what_key_is_being_pressed/
  5. password not being accepted

in Windows 10 Customization
    password not being accepted: Computer was recovered and on start up the computer will not take any of my passwords or pin numbers. The message I get is reset your password, but we do not have the resetting disc. The computer was set up at Office Depot 4 years ago and 160 miles from here....
  6. Cannot escape reboot and password is not being accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot escape reboot and password is not being accepted: I have spent 3 days trying to fix my daughter's brand new HP STREAM laptop. I had entered safe mode and now I cannot get out of it, I cannot pull up a command prompt, I have restarted about 15 times, tried to do a recovery, tried to do a system restore, changed my passwords,...
  7. Computer crashes when pressing F1, F2, F3, F11, or F12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes when pressing F1, F2, F3, F11, or F12: Hi, Whenever I press the volume or brightness-related buttons, my laptop completely freezes, bluescreens, then attempts to restart. However, it freezes in the process of restarting, so I have to force shutdown either way. It has been like this for several weeks. Is there...
  8. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  9. pressing f1 opens a web browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    pressing f1 opens a web browser.: Hello Community, Whenever i press f1 , it opens a new tab in the chrome browser. I have googled for a solution, but none of those worked. i will explain what i tried: So i read on the internet to change the file name called HelpPane.exe and it should block everything. (...
  10. Update leads to reboots, failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update leads to reboots, failure: The latest Win 10 update (from about 8/12) has really hosed me. Every morning the computer tries to install it, fails, and then removes the update. No error codes. This take about six reboots and half an hour. Never ran into this before. I'm about to roll back to Win 7 if I...