Windows 10: Can't print from any app in Windows 10.

Discus and support Can't print from any app in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can't print from any app in Windows 10. Anyone else having the same problem? Printing from Edge, Google, etc. just spins around and Microsoft Word or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by liveitlive, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Can't print from any app in Windows 10.

Can't print from any app in Windows 10. Anyone else having the same problem? Printing from Edge, Google, etc. just spins around and Microsoft Word or any pdf just freezes and eventually says "not responding"
    Printers are HP LaserJet Pro P1102 and HP 7250. The download and install assistant for update firmware is very slow. 2 hrs in... any suggestions?

:)

liveitlive, Jul 31, 2015
  2. MAD_1 Win User

Can't print with Windows 10

I have the exact same problems. Can't print anything since upgrading to Windows 10. Yes, printer drivers are installed since this is the same exact laptop as before the upgrade. Cant' print email from ANY browser; Edge, Firefox, Chrome. Can't print email
    from Outlook, or the Windows 10 Email App, or from any email accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) from the web login. Can't print to PDF. When trying to print any Office document, it just continuously says "connecting", but never connects, regardless of what
    printer I choose. This is a nightmare. I've been printing documents from my IPhone. My laptop is now useless.

MAD_1, Jul 31, 2015
  3. DaleRonne Win User
    can't print anything from my windows 10 mail app

I can't print anything from my windows 10 mail app, I can print everything else, just not any emails. Keep getting a notice windows can't print due to a problem with printer set up. I've checked all setting can't seem to find the problem? can anybody
    help. Dale

DaleRonne, Jul 31, 2015
  4. echotango Win User

Can't print from any app in Windows 10.

I am having the same issue. I can not print from any app. PDF, Nitro PDF, Edge, IE, etc.

echotango, Jul 31, 2015
  5. BillFlag Win User
    I'm having the same problem. My printers are shown in the list of devices and printers, but do not appear in any of my applications. I also cannot print from the web.

BillFlag, Aug 3, 2015
  6. morrizorg Win User
    Had the same problem...
    Go Task Manager, look for Spooler Subsystem App and right click - End Task.. do it several times, I did it 6 or 7 times.
    then click start, type troubleshooting, go up left--View All--printer-- Advanced---Run as Administrator..
    then it will let you select printer to update driver.
    Problem solved.

Edit: only working for Microsoft Print to PDF

morrizorg, Aug 3, 2015
  7. BillFlag Win User
    I think I found an easier fix that works eith all apps. Highlite your printer in the devices and printers folder from the control panel. Right click and select troubleshoot. The system finds and fixes a problem with the printer spooler. Apply the fix and the printer works normally...at least for me...Good luck

BillFlag, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Can't print from any app in Windows 10.

My Gateway SX2855 desktop, previously running on Windows 7, was extremely reliable, until I received the Windows 10 upgrade. Now, I can't print or create PDFs from any apps, or access printer software, even though the names of the printers show up in "Devices and Printers" with flat icons that can't be changed to the previously more realistic ones. When will a fix be available?

DailyGrindUSA, Aug 8, 2015
  9. neomatter Win User
    I have no issues so far printing any document files so far. I am using a legacy network printer that is 'not compatible' with Windows 10. Using Vista x64 drivers with it and it works for the most part. I only get errors when trying to access the customization settings in the Classic Control Panel for the printer.

I am also coming from a clean install of Win10 Pro x64.

It sounds like the upgrade could have messed up the printer drivers. Have you tried to uninstall the drivers through device manager and reinstall? Update drivers?

@liveitlive: did you try to just download the file and run it manually? You might need to run it with admin privileges and compatibility mode. I don't think it should take 2 hours to update firmware. Something definitely does not sound right there.

neomatter, Aug 8, 2015
  10. Angeltam Win User
    I tried to run trouble shooting on the Printer and got an unexpected error.

Angeltam, Aug 8, 2015
  11. banger Win User
    My printer an hp d1460 prints erratically, sometimes running hp scan and print doctor works sometimes not. Will try the trouble shooter next time.

banger, Aug 8, 2015
  12. Angeltam Win User
    How do I upgrade my printer driver in Windows 10? Going to try the Windows 8.1 driver I guess.

Angeltam, Aug 9, 2015
  13. neomatter Win User

I am assuming the printer is connected directly to the computer? If so, go into Settings>Devices>Device manager. Locate your printer in Device manager and right click. Select 'Update Driver Software...'. In the box, select 'Browse my computer for driver software'. Make sure the box beside 'Include subfolders' is checked. Navigate to the folder where the driver is located and click Next. It should start installing the driver.

neomatter, Aug 9, 2015
  14. The same here. I upgraded to win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate two days ago, my printer is HP ColorJet 3800 connected to other computer on LAN and shared. First the printer did not show at all in printer list (I have let the other computer switched off during update, any importance of this fact?) I managed to get the printer work by playing with deleting the printers with "color jet" in name (somehow appeared there after reboots?) and freshly adding the shared printer with the other computer on. From then on ColorJet started to appear in printer lists in the apps and I could print on it - EXCEPT PDF FROM ADOBE ACROBAT :-((. I open Acrobat Reader XI - Czech ver 11.0.12. I open a PDF, go to File/Print menu, I select the ColorJet from the printers list (it is default anyway), hit Print, and nothing happens. I can print from Word, and I can print from any other app I tried - just Adobe Acrobat dos nothing. This is RATHER ANNOYING.

Roman Krejci, Aug 30, 2015
  15. Solved - installing the shared printer (via Add device, then select shared printer) was just not enough for Adobe Acrobat. I had to install windows 10 universal printer driver for HP printers. This added a printer which now works properly with all apps. The other non-functional HP ColorJet printers that somehow reappear in "printers" after every reboot even when I removed them are still present in printers list, but I can live with that.

Roman Krejci, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't print from any app in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Can't print app

2. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print to onenote or printout from the app: The problem started suddenly last week https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-onenote-or-printout-from-the-app/df585d41-09c6-4701-a415-0ec1a291ac7e
  3. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print to onenote or printout from the app: The problem started suddenly last week https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-print-to-onenote-or-printout-from-the-app/df585d41-09c6-4701-a415-0ec1a291ac7e
  4. Can't print to onenote or printout from the app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printing from Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printing from Windows 10 Mail App: Hi, ever since I printed a few 4 x6 photo's on my HP 5000 printer, everything I print from Windows 10 mail comes out microscopically reduced to fit on a 4 x 6 photo paper. I have reset the paper size in Windows Settings, in the print options from within Windows mail ......
  6. Can't print on any printer

Can't print on any printer: I have a Windows 10 machine (Dell optiplex 9010) Windows 10 Pro V 1903 OS build 18362.535 I am trying to print over USB to - Xerox Phaser 6500N - HP Laserjet M15a Windows will accept a print job and the printer does nothing. For the Xerox, it sits in the queue....
  7. Cannot Print From Any App 0x80010105

Cannot Print From Any App 0x80010105: Cannot print to any printer (physical or print to file) since the KB4517211 update on 9/27/2019 (could be a coincidence). I can print a test page from my computer or print to the physical printer from my phone or other computers. Can see "your printer has experienced an...
  8. Can't print from Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print from Windows 10 Mail: After Mail was updated earlier today, I can't print emails; the "Print" window comes up, and I click "Print". Nothing happens. I can print from LibreOffice, so I'm pretty sure the printer isn't the problem. I reset mail (in the process of running Windows app trouble shooter),...
  9. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...
  10. Can't print in colour to any printer from any app

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't print in colour to any printer from any app: Weird issue, I cannot print in colour at all any more. I have tried different printers and printing from different apps, all with the same result, i.e. colour prints in grayscale. I have looked at 'manage your device', 'printer properties' and 'printing preferences' and...