Windows 10: can't print since Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support can't print since Win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded my 4-5 year-old HP Envy laptop from its native Win 8 to Win 10 a few months ago. Since then, I haven't been able to print to my HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 3point1, Mar 25, 2016.

1. 3point1 Win User

can't print since Win 10 upgrade

Hello,

I upgraded my 4-5 year-old HP Envy laptop from its native Win 8 to Win 10 a few months ago. Since then, I haven't been able to print to my HP Envy 4500 series printer. I *did*, just today, print a configuration page, but I can't print from Notepad, Word, the net, etc. What could be blocking my print jobs?

:)

3point1, Mar 25, 2016

2. Printer only prints in color

Hello. I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10. Ever since, my Epson printer will only print color (no black and white). I have the most current driver. I can't find an option that will allow me to set black and white as the default. Any idea on
    what would cause this?

iT For All inc., Mar 25, 2016
  3. FiBeeOz Win User
    Black and white printing

I have an Epson WF 3640 and have the same issue: can't print in B & W or GrayScale in any of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc since upgrading to Win 10. Is this some deal done between MS & printer ink companies??

FiBeeOz, Mar 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just found these, which may or may not be directly relevant.
    HP ENVY 4500 and windows 10 - HP Support Forum - 5206783
    HP envy 4500 and windows 10 won't work wireless - HP Support Forum - 5175405

How is your printer connected?
    As you've printed one page, that seems to prove the driver is installed.

Is it set as your default printer?
    Just noticed this unexpected setting which could cause problems if swapping

can't print since Win 10 upgrade [​IMG]

If you go here:
    Control Panel , Devices and Printers
    Check your printer is set as default.
    Right click it and click Troubleshoot.

You can download Tweaking.com's Repair tool. There are one or two repair options for printing.

dalchina, Mar 25, 2016
  5. 3point1 Win User
    I've followed both your links (thank you) and have done all regular troubleshooting, including checking for any driver updates. I went to the HP site and downloaded and (re)installed the latest software. The printer is connected via wi-fi, and is the default printer. I've run tweaking.com's Repair tool, which found and successfully fixed problems with the Reparse Points and Environment Variables (screenshot att).

I still can't print. The printer continues to show as ready, but print jobs disappear from the queue but don't arrive at the printer.

The configuration page I printed was through the HP printer software. So the native software is speaking to itself, but other programs/apps aren't getting through.

3point1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can't print since Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - can't print since

2. can't print since windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't print since windows update: I finally allowed the major windows update to my windows 10 computer a few weeks ago - now, trying to print with wireless connection - printer Brother is connected to network but when I go to print I just get an error that it couldn't print - this is VERY annoying. I've tried...
  3. Can't print since you updated windows 10

Can't print since you updated windows 10: Since the last update on my computer for windows 10 I have not been able to print on my laptop computer. I tried re-downloading my printer drivers. this did not help. What did you do that has messed up so many different peoples printing functions?...
  4. Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update

Can't print since latest Windows 10 Update: When I try to print I'm forced to a login screen for something called One Note. I have no idea what this is. I even logged in then got dumped to what looks like a window where I can write things. This happens no matter what program I want to print from....
  5. Printing is very slow since upgrading to Windows 10. Version 1909

Printing is very slow since upgrading to Windows 10. Version 1909: My printer is an Epson ET-2650. Printing is normal from all other devices except my recently updated O.S. from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Tried resetting spooler didn't help. Reloaded Epson program no help either. It takes almost 10 minutes for page to print....
  6. Can't print since updated to Windows 10

Can't print since updated to Windows 10: I have a canon MF8050cn printer. When I installed it on this laptop it won't print. I went to the canon website to update drivers and I can't get that to work. I have tried combability mode but when I hit test the program nothing happens. I'm not sure what I need to do....
  7. Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.

Multiple card support problems since Win 10 upgrade.: Hi, Since installing Windows 10 I've been having difficulty with my Geforce GTX 660 and GT 610 cards working together; I have them hooked up to two separate monitors with the 660 being the primary (obviously). When my computer sorted itself out for the first time (after Win...
  8. Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10

Cannot print since upgrading to Windows 10: I have a HP Deskjet 1051 J410 and can't print since I updated to Windows 10. I have run the troubleshooter & under Details it says it detects a problem but doesn't say what it is. The printer shows up under Devices & Printers & says it is working properly & has the most...
  9. can't upgrade to Win 10 Anniversay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't upgrade to Win 10 Anniversay: The upgrade installation fails at around 70% with the error code 0xc1900107. How can I correct this error so the update will install. I presently have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1511. 61129
  10. BIOS power on function disabled since Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BIOS power on function disabled since Win 10 upgrade: I have the BIOS setting to auto power on every day at a designated time. It has worked with a dual boot Win 7/8.1 system. However, since upgrading the Win 8.1 to Win 10 (dual boot Win 7/10) it no longer powers on at the designated time. Its still set up correctly in the BIOS....