Windows 10: Can't print using Network

Discus and support Can't print using Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I have Sercomm Vox 25, I plugged the printer to it using USB port. I set it and everything seems OK, but when I print it nothing happens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NourinE, Dec 16, 2017.

1. NourinE Win User

Can't print using Network

Hi!
    I have Sercomm Vox 25, I plugged the printer to it using USB port.
    I set it and everything seems OK, but when I print it nothing happens.
    VOX25VOX25 (vodafone)

:)

NourinE, Dec 16, 2017

2. Problems since installing KB4013418

Since the update can't get my network drives to connect. Also can't print to my Canon wireless printer.

JoeOrlando, Dec 16, 2017
  3. Printer Offline

I managed to set up so that it no longer says it is offline. When I try to print it goes to the print queue then vanishes without printing, as if it has printed. The Printer is a Brother and it works with my other desktop computer with no hassles but
    I can't print with it using my PC laptop. I can however print from the laptop to the printer via the network through the desktop computer. Odd isn't it. Hope you can help me.

JoyCampbellUM, Dec 16, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

What is a Sercomm Vox 25? Also what is the printer that you have? It is possible that your Gateway is not capable of sharing that type of printer.

bro67, Dec 17, 2017
  5. NourinE Win User
    Sercomm is a router and the printer is Canon LBP 6020

NourinE, Dec 17, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Post a screenshot of your printer installed in the Router. It is possible that it will not work with that Gateway, you may want to send a request to Canon to see what they state. I had to set up my Brother laser on my Synology NAS as Protocol: IPP; Queue Name: Binary_P1; Printer Brand: Generic; Printer Driver: Generic PCL 6/PCL XL printer. It works for iOS, Mac OS, Android and Windows.

I do have a older xPrintserver that I no longer use. I got it for iOS and when I got my Synology NAS, I took it offline. It does allow for USB connection or map from WiFI or Ethernet capable printers. Would also work for regular printing. The only issue is that the drivers are limited in it and you would have to use the generic setup.

bro67, Dec 18, 2017
  7. NourinE Win User
    it is detected with this name as you can see:

NourinE, Dec 18, 2017
  8. Can't print using Network

Have you tried removing the printer and adding the printer using windows as a network printer?

kingtez1984, Dec 18, 2017
  9. NourinE Win User
    Do you mean removing the printer driver and reinstall it as a network driver?

NourinE, Dec 18, 2017
  10. I mean from the printer window, not removing the driver. So go into printer and devices and remove the printer. Then go to add the printer and gio through the setup of that and at end it should give you a print out. *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 18, 2017
  11. NourinE Win User
    thanks for your reply.
    I have done many times, but no results. it just shows the printer is added, but it doesn't start printing.
    I think there is something wrong with the Gateway or TCP/IP, I can't manage to find the right one.

NourinE, Dec 18, 2017
  12. NourinE Win User
    by the way, I don't know the exact Gateway to use. I have used 192.168.0.1 and I also tried 192.168.0.1:631/Printers/NameGivenToMyPrinter. but in vain

NourinE, Dec 18, 2017
  13. NourinE Win User

here are the steps that I followed:

Vodafone wireless modem supports USB printers. After you connect a USB printer to your modem through the USB port, you can access the printer from the Internet or internal network.

• Connect the USB cable of the printer to the USB port on the modem
    • Add a Network Printer.
    For Windows 7

• Choose Start > Devices and Printers
    • Choose Add a printer
    • Choose Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
    • Click The printer that I want isn't listed
    • Choose Select a shared printer by name
    • Enter the printer address http://192.168.0.1:631/printers/myprinter in the text box. myprinter is the customized name of the printer to add.
    • Click Next.
    • Select the model of the printer you want or click Have Disk to manually install the printer drive.
    • Click OK.

NourinE, Dec 19, 2017
  14. bro67 Win User
    Remove the printer as what it states and just set as a Generic like I posted. Then connect as a Network printer or Add as a new printer and use the Network IP that the Gateway assigns to that device for IPP devices. Otherwise you can always use a network print server device like I noted. The newer version of the Xprintserver is expensive, which you could get a Laser that is wifi/ethernet capable for that price.

You can use a Raspberry Pi as a Print Server. It is a bit slow, but if you were to set it as a Google Printer and use PDF print to your Google account, it may speed it up. The other option is to use a old computer or laptop as print/fax server or even find a Intel Small Board Computer that allows USB devices. Android devices also can be used as a print server.

bro67, Dec 19, 2017
  15. PiKo Win User
    It is not fully clear to me, but I assume that your printer works ok with the USB connection?
    For networking I would again install the printer, now as a network device, but under a DIFFERENT name.
    If you did so, I am afraid I cannot help you further. Is your printer visible in the network? You should be able to see that from the router info or from an app. like Fing on your smartphone/tablet.

Thema:

1. Can't print using Network - Similar Threads - Can't print using

2. Can't print documents in wireless network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print documents in wireless network: Hi everyone,I have a wireless network with two PCs, one printer and win10 on PCs. I connected the printer with cable to one PC and shared it. At first when I try to install it on another PC, I get 11b error and by adding the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled in both systems, can...
  3. Can't print documents in wireless network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print documents in wireless network: Hi everyone,I have a wireless network with two PCs, one printer and win10 on PCs. I connected the printer with cable to one PC and shared it. At first when I try to install it on another PC, I get 11b error and by adding the RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled in both systems, can...
  4. Can't print documents in wireless network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't print using OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can't print using OneNote: First off I have no idea what One Note is and why I have it. But tonight when I tried to go and print a Word Pad file, I got a blinking icon in my taskbar saying "Welcome to One Note". It keeps asking me where I want to put the printout, My NoteBook, Quick Notes, other...
  6. Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't print over WiFi, can print wired to network: We have 2 Sharp business networked printer/copiers. I suspect that Windows upgrade 1903 has caused all our Windows laptops to quit being able to print over WiFi. Several Mac OS laptops are able to print fine. Laptops that once could print over WiFi no longer can. After...
  7. Can't print using Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Can't print using Chrome: For a few days now, I have been unable to print anything while using Chrome. I've tried all kinds of trials to isolate the problem. No matter the web page, email, or document, if i initiate the PRINT command from Chrome nothing happens. Using all the same test parameters and...
  8. Can't print using Chrome

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't print using Chrome: For a few days now, I have been unable to print anything while using Chrome. I've tried all kinds of trials to isolate the problem. No matter the web page, email, or document, if i initiate the PRINT command from Chrome nothing happens. Using all the same test parameters and...
  9. Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't print from Windows using printer wired to Mac on same network: Windows 10 PC has Bonjour installed. I try to print, no error message appears but nor does printout. 70623
  10. Can't print to Brother networked printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't print to Brother networked printer: Hi, I'm just wrapping up installation of a new computer, including a clean install of Windows 10. We have a networked Brother MFC-8480DN. I went to Brother's site, retrieved and installed the full driver and software package for this printer and 64-bit Win 10. There were...