Windows 10: Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources".

Discus and support Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i recently put up a Thread on how to gain Admin access back on your account. Because i was fiddling with my "bootres.dll" to add a custom Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jul 2, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources".

So i recently put up a Thread on how to gain Admin access back on your account.

Because i was fiddling with my "bootres.dll" to add a custom Boot logo. But after i completed editing and creating a custom file, i removed the original one. And now i can't paste any file there due to this :

Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". [​IMG]

I've tried "takeown" on the directory too, via the administrator account too. But no profit *cry

:)

PRince4, Jul 2, 2018

2. Can't boot up win Windows 7! Halp!

I never got to any options or install screen or anything, it was just "loading windows files" and then the screen. I tried it 3 times, went through those steps all 3 times. I've only been booting from the disc, it's not installed to boot from the drive.

Soylent Joe, Jul 2, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 2, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". - Similar Threads - Can't put file

2. Can't move files back in their address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't move files back in their address?: As the title says. Updated my Windows 11, and now, if I have file a in folder b, and folder b is in folder a, I can no longer move the file directly from folder b to folder a by dragging it into folder a in the address bar. Why would this be changed? It's a massive downgrade...
  3. Can't move files back in their address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't move files back in their address?: As the title says. Updated my Windows 11, and now, if I have file a in folder b, and folder b is in folder a, I can no longer move the file directly from folder b to folder a by dragging it into folder a in the address bar. Why would this be changed? It's a massive downgrade...
  4. How to put a driver back in the files with an unbootable OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put a driver back in the files with an unbootable OS?: So I removed a file called hswultpep.sys from the drivers folder in the OS because I thought it was faulty, but when I restarted my laptop, it is now unbootable. System repair and restore failed, but I do have the file on a USB stick, so I am wondering how do I open file...
  5. How to put a driver back in the files with an unbootable OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to put a driver back in the files with an unbootable OS?: So I removed a file called hswultpep.sys from the drivers folder in the OS because I thought it was faulty, but when I restarted my laptop, it is now unbootable. System repair and restore failed, but I do have the file on a USB stick, so I am wondering how do I open file...
  6. Put OneDrive files back to their original folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Put OneDrive files back to their original folders: I wanted to stop using OneDrive I have sensitive content and it is a breach of contract if I put them on a cloud base back-up system so I clicked on unlink this PC, but all my files disappeared from their original folders. Now there are "Where are my files" shortcuts that...
  7. Put it back the way it was

in Windows 10 Customization
    Put it back the way it was: I don't like the new way it does not work for me so put mine back. If I wanted to change I would have clicked on the stupid ad you kept putting up But! i didn't did I. You had no right to change my page after all it's my account "YES" so put it back NOW.........
  8. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't put ISO file on USB drive: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB The drive on which I want to store it is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB. I reformatted it before I tried to install the ISO file on it. On...
  9. Can't put ISO file on USB drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't put ISO file on USB drive: Version 1903 (OS Build 183262. 476) I downloaded a Win10 19091 x64 ISO file as per instructions elsewhere on this site. It's 5.04GB The drive on which I want to store it is a SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 128GB. I reformatted it before I tried to install the ISO file on it. On...
  10. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer: In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edit bootres.dll in iso image