Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources".

Discus and support Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i recently put up a Thread on how to gain Admin access back on your account. Because i was fiddling with my "bootres.dll" to add a custom Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jul 2, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

So i recently put up a Thread on how to gain Admin access back on your account.

Because i was fiddling with my "bootres.dll" to add a custom Boot logo. But after i completed editing and creating a custom file, i removed the original one. And now i can't paste any file there due to this :

Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". [​IMG]

I've tried "takeown" on the directory too, via the administrator account too. But no profit *cry

:)

PRince4, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Soylent Joe Win User

Can't boot up win Windows 7! Halp!

I never got to any options or install screen or anything, it was just "loading windows files" and then the screen. I tried it 3 times, went through those steps all 3 times. I've only been booting from the disc, it's not installed to boot from the drive.

Soylent Joe, Jul 2, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 2, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". - Similar Threads - Can't put file

2. I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer.: I can't connect a USB hard drive on a Windows 10 Acer computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-cant-connect-a-usb-hard-drive-on-a-windows-10/078738e6-f52a-4146-b3c2-fc626793a264
  3. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer: In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is...
  4. Windows 10 [Can't put in the admin password when try to install]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 [Can't put in the admin password when try to install]: First of all,Im new with Windows 10... I got this problem a long time ago,I accidentally changed my MS account to Local,and then when I try to log in back as Admin,Its only give me Standard User... Its happen when I try to install sofware,it says : *Please put the...
  5. Can't put a system image on my LEXAR thumb drive...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't put a system image on my LEXAR thumb drive...: In Windows 10, I tried to put a system image on my LEXAR 30GB USB thumb drive but Windows said I can't do that because the drive is not formatted in NTFS. So I formatted it in NTFS and now Windows says "not a valid drive." Can anyone tell me what's happening? Thanx....
  6. Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't identify software I use to put date/time in tray: I want to modify the format of the date and time I have displayed in the tray but can't for the life of me remember which software I use to put it there. I know I used to use T-Clock, but can't find that anywhere on my system. I've searched the Windows 10 startup folder and...
  7. [IMAGE]Can't put items on the bottom row of desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    [IMAGE]Can't put items on the bottom row of desktop: When I try to place my recycle bin on the bottom row it just moves one row up. I didn't had this issue before. I did a system restore and it was on the bottom row for a couple of seconds and sudddenly it moved up ;( I can place it on the bottom row if I change the text...
  8. Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't put the computer to sleep since 1709 upgrade: Title says it all. Ever since I upgraded my computer last night, I don't get the option to put my computer to sleep. I have rebooted 3 times and nothing has changed. Also when this issue occurs, several programs on my computer don't work properly or crash the instant I try to...
  9. Can't put any shortcut/file/folder into specific place on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't put any shortcut/file/folder into specific place on desktop.: I have a strange problem, I can't put any shortcut/file/folder into specific place on desktop. That problem appeared after reinstalling my PC. I tried sfc /scannow but no results. [img] 86030
  10. So, am I right thinking I can't put the win10 upgrade on another comp?

in Windows 10 Support
    So, am I right thinking I can't put the win10 upgrade on another comp?: Edit: No I'm wrong. I somehow completely missed that one question in the faq when I was reading it earlier that actually answers this exact question; To clarify, in order to transfer your copy of Windows 10 to a new PC, assuming you have a retail license of Windows...