Windows 10: Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources".

Discus and support Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i recently put up a Thread on how to gain Admin access back on your account. Because i was fiddling with my "bootres.dll" to add a custom Boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jul 2, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources".

So i recently put up a Thread on how to gain Admin access back on your account.

Because i was fiddling with my "bootres.dll" to add a custom Boot logo. But after i completed editing and creating a custom file, i removed the original one. And now i can't paste any file there due to this :

Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". [​IMG]

I've tried "takeown" on the directory too, via the administrator account too. But no profit *cry

:)

PRince4, Jul 2, 2018
  2. Soylent Joe Win User

Can't boot up win Windows 7! Halp!

I never got to any options or install screen or anything, it was just "loading windows files" and then the screen. I tried it 3 times, went through those steps all 3 times. I've only been booting from the disc, it's not installed to boot from the drive.

Soylent Joe, Jul 2, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 2, 2018
  4. erixx Win User

Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't put a file back in "Windows\Boot\Resources". - Similar Threads - Can't put file

2. back up files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up files: cant find my back up files for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/back-up-files/007e4ca4-6dc2-4498-b5cb-dbf1507d738c
  3. Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Put Windows 10 File Explorer on the Desktop: When I open This Computer I only see 4 stock folders for Pictures Video etc. I am a Windows 7 user and am having trouble getting to my own Program, Programs x86 folders. Where is all this and why is it an obscrure practice to get a shortcut made to the desktop? BTW I tried a...
  4. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer: In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is...
  5. Can't back on Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't back on Windows Defender: Hi all, In my attempt to add security to my Lenovo Laptop Z50, and after having updated successfully to W10 from 8.1 last Autumn, I thought I'd install Panda for additional protection, not realising W10 Defender would close down. It has indeed done so, and now when I...
  6. how to remove edge and put back ie11

in Browsers and Email
    how to remove edge and put back ie11: ok, so I upgraded??? to win 10, now my ie11 is not to be found. how do I remove this edge and put back my ie 11? 16483
  7. Putting folder names in a text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting folder names in a text file: I have a folder with someh hundred subfolders. Is it possible to have these folder names in a text file? 104541
  8. How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How would I back up ALL my files on my SSD and put it in my HDD?: I want every single file in my SSD put into my HDD, how would I do it exactly? Win 10, 64 bit HOME edition 93391
  9. Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can i put W10 back on my Laptop free ?: Hi, I have a Laptop that had Windows 7 pro on it originally which i upgraded to Windows 10 pro, all was fine until i had a hard drive crash, so wiped the drive and put Ubuntu on it. Not getting on with Ubuntu and was wondering am i still able to put Windows 10 back on it...
  10. Can't put any shortcut/file/folder into specific place on desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't put any shortcut/file/folder into specific place on desktop.: I have a strange problem, I can't put any shortcut/file/folder into specific place on desktop. That problem appeared after reinstalling my PC. I tried sfc /scannow but no results. [img] 86030