Windows 10: Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

Discus and support Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by curt jugg, Nov 9, 2015.

1. curt jugg Win User

Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer

In File Explorer I right-click a folder and select Properties. In the Customise tab, under Choose a file to show on this folder icon, I select Choose file. I navigate to my Pictures folder and select an image and then click on Apply and OK. And nothing happens, the folder is unchanged and has no picture on it. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong, please?

:)

curt jugg, Nov 9, 2015
  2. jimingo Win User

File Explorer Issues Windows 10

I'm updating my situation and hope someone has an answer for me.

My file explorer is still gone from my taskbar but a folder did appear on my desktop at the same time my file explorer disappeared. I did not add this folder myself and I can't get rid of it because it's not a shortcut. The picture below shows the folder
    (with the red arrow pointing to it) and the picture also shows the contents of the folder. It's pretty much the file explorer but notice that my file explorer icon is missing (the other red arrow).

I would prefer to get rid of this folder and put my file explorer back on the taskbar. Does anyone know how to do this? I think that somehow my file explorer that was on my taskbar somehow got transformed to this folder.

Thanks
    Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer [​IMG]

jimingo, Nov 9, 2015
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Nov 9, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

I read in another post that this worked in Windows XP, Vista and 7. In Windows 8 and 10 you can change the icon of the folder with a custom ICO or BMP file.

spapakons, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Can't put an image on a folder in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Can't put image

2. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  3. Can't open File Explorer folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open File Explorer folders: Since 4 days I am unable to open File Explorer folders in my laptop , it is showing "Not Responding message", so what might be the issue , please resolve it. I contacted you two times, but no solution....
  4. I can't open folders on file explorer

I can't open folders on file explorer: When I try to open a folder other than this pc, my file explorer crashes. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-folders-on-file-explorer/59587318-5792-461e-8699-f6fc90209d0e
  5. can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer: Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???...
  6. can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer

can't pin images and documents folder to Quick access in file explorer: Hi, i just uninstall Onedrive from pc and suddenly i can´t Pin Images and Documents folder to quick access, It give me the option but when you click don´t happen anything. Any solution???...
  7. Can't click a file or folder in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't click a file or folder in file explorer: When i tried to open any file docx, png, jpg, etc, my cursor started loading continuously until i close the file explorer window. Then i searched on windows search for Command Prompt and when i click "Run as administrator" it wont open. But if you clicked "Open" it showed up...
  8. File Explorer can't open Downloads folder

File Explorer can't open Downloads folder: New laptop, latest Windows 10. If I try to view the Downloads folder from either Quick Access or directly under This PC, all I get is 'working on it'. Go to C;/users/../Downloads - no problem. Why?...
  9. Images in customized folder icons disappearing in file explorer.

Images in customized folder icons disappearing in file explorer.: Hi Microsoft. I know this is a bug in windows/file explorer, But are there any way i can make some kind of back-up when this occurs. I have hundreds of custom made icons for my folders on a external hdd drive which have taken me many hours to create, So is there any way to...
  10. Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin

Online-only folder stuck in File Explorer, can't put in Recycle Bin: Hi, I was having an issue with deleting a folder. Whenever I try to delete it, I get a warning, saying that there is an error because it is an 'online-only' file. What does this mean, and can I make it stop happening? Thanks!...