Windows 10: Can't reach a certain website

Discus and support Can't reach a certain website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi to the tech guys of this forum I'm visiting a website of an US author about literature for number of years and participating at its forum. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fonsihe, Aug 18, 2018.

1. fonsihe Win User

Can't reach a certain website

Hi to the tech guys of this forum

I'm visiting a website of an US author about literature for number of years and participating at its forum. Now I suddenly don't have any access and I just get the answer that the website isn't responding (same thing for firefox, explorer or sfari). Now you will tell me, that the server of the website is down. But the strange thing is, when I use my cell phone and its data transfer by the phone's sim card, instead of the wifi of the phone or the wifi of my windows laptop or of my ipad, the website works fine. Could that mean that my ip number of my wifi is blocked by the website?

thanks a lot for any answer helping me out.

Fons

***moved on english forum****

:)

fonsihe, Aug 18, 2018

2. Can't access certain websites in Win10

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your efforts and time.

• As I understand you are unable to access certain websites, what websites are you not able to access?
    • Have you logged in with a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Network troubleshooter. Either search for it in the Search or run it by following the link below.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cant-connect-to-network#1TC=windows-8

• Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.
    • Check for Windows Updates.
    • Check for drivers for the network adapter.
    • Open a CMD window as Administrator:
      • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
      • sfc /scannow
      • netsh winsock reset
    Also try to restart the DNS service.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run.
    • Type services.msc. Click on Ok.
    • Then find DNS client. Right-click on it to Stop it and Restart it.
    If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Cannot access certain websites

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Method 1: I would suggest you to install all the patches from Windows update.

Try the followings steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Windows update settings" without quotes and hit enter.

• Under Updates click on check for updates

Method 2: I would suggest you to install latest wireless network adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website.

You may refer:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10:
    How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3: You may refer:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    Open a CMD window as Administrator:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this helps

Waseemulla S, Aug 18, 2018
  4. CJCerny Win User

Redirect certain webpages to kittens

Don't know about the kitten thing, but I do know that blocking "all NSFW" websites is gonna require a service/software that is updated regularly. This can either be done with software or with a router that supports such a feature, since the list of NSFW websites is constantly changing. Suggest you start with the option for family friendly surfing that is included as part of Windows Live Essentials.

CJCerny, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't reach a certain website - Similar Threads - Can't reach certain

2. This site can't be reached on almost all websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This site can't be reached on almost all websites: Hello, I have a problem accesing almost all websites on my laptop since new Windows update. There's no problem reaching them on different device phone connected to the same Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot so probably it's not about internet connection. The same websites don't open...
  3. This site can't be reached on almost all websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This site can't be reached on almost all websites: Hello, I have a problem accesing almost all websites on my laptop since new Windows update. There's no problem reaching them on different device phone connected to the same Wi-Fi and mobile hotspot so probably it's not about internet connection. The same websites don't open...
  4. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  5. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  6. Created Website in IIS - This site can't be reached

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created Website in IIS - This site can't be reached: I have created a static webpage on IIS using windows server 2016 Reference -...
  7. I can't reach certain websites.... the connection times out... Please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't reach certain websites.... the connection times out... Please help: I can't access the followings: www.vec.virginia.gov https://www.dibbs.bsm.dla.mil/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-reach-certain-websites-the-connection-times/105e1cdc-7b24-41e3-812b-651bfbe5fe1c
  8. Can't go to certain Websites

Can't go to certain Websites: Hello When I go to certain websites, it says that the page is not responding, but when I go to the website on my phone it works. One of the websites is GameStop, and even that, I can't access the website on my computer, but I can on my phone. Most of the websites I go to...
  9. Can't connect to certain websites

Can't connect to certain websites: This issue has been going on for over 1 month already. I have already checked to see if it was an issue with only my WiFi/browser, but no. If I change to my neighbor's WiFi or something, the page still won't load. If I change to Microsoft edge or google chrome, it still won't...
  10. Cannot reach the Nextdoor.com website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot reach the Nextdoor.com website: I receive emails from Nextdoor.com but cannot reach the website - either from links in the email or when searching Nextdoor.com. It had been working perfectly but then stopped and its only with Nextdoor that I have this problem. As an 85 year old Luddite, please don't be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nextdoor website not working