Windows 10: Can't Read Many Web Pages

Discus and support Can't Read Many Web Pages in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In tweaking to increase performance speed, I must have done something awful because now I can't read the text on many web pages (see TenForums sample... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florida Rene, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Can't Read Many Web Pages

In tweaking to increase performance speed, I must have done something awful because now I can't read the text on many web pages (see TenForums sample of page 5 of this forum below).

Can't find a way to change it back to good old days. I'd greatly appreciate some tips to correct my mis-deeds. Thanks.

Can't Read Many Web Pages [​IMG]

Oops, this posting also has "decaying" type.

:)

Florida Rene, Sep 13, 2017
  2. ROL120 Win User

Narrator - want it to narrate just the text I choose...

1.how do I get it to read text and not all the technical information about the web page etc.

2. Plus, how do I select text to read out? When I highlight it it just says "highlighted" ! Sometimes I get a square border and it reads that but I can't see how to always select with a square border rather than the highlight tool.

Many thanks!

ROL120, Sep 13, 2017
  3. saving web pages on 6300 or 5310

Hello,

I'm a newcomer to mobile browsing and I'm interested in getting either a Nokia 6300 or 5300. Are either of those phones able to download web pages and open and read them (using the Galleries feature)? I'm asking as not many phones with web browsing can also
    save web pages and read them. It's very useful for me as I can keep some pages handy without having to download on the go (especially when travelling in another country--avoid roaming data charges). Thanks for your help, Seb

lastphilistine, Sep 13, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Can't Read Many Web Pages

Is it all sites, what browser, what did you do?

Samuria, Sep 13, 2017
  5. Yes, all sites (or nearly all, those that mainly use gifs and jpgs are fine). Chrome mostly and sometimes Firefox.

I followed a bunch of tips from online reading to speed up program launches and web pages. Somehow, I think I altered the intensity of fonts.

Here's an example of pix being fine and text fading away.

6. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling your browser(s)?
    Have you tried a system restore to a point before this started?
    Is this just in your browser or is it system wide on your machine?
    Is this the same in Edge or other browsers?

indianacarnie, Sep 13, 2017
  7. Hi Indy...thanks for responding.
    Yes, I did a System Restore, but only back to the MS KB updates...is it ok to go back further?
    No, I didn't uninstall and reinstall my browsers. I don't think it's a browser problem because fonts in many (not all) menus are faded out in various software.
    I rarely use Edge...usually Chrome and Firefox.
    Here is this morning's example of why I rarely use Edge:
    This page is having a problem loading
    We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over and over again so try coming back to this page later.
    That was the response to a Bing search.

Grrrr!

These problems do not exist on my backup computer, so I must have fouled up pretty bad on the main machine. Perhaps I just need to find step-by-step instructions on how to enhance font readability.

8. Cliff S New Member

Have you tried using Clear type text?

Click the windows icon and give: clear type:

This is what you'll want to use:

If you have more than one monitor:

The follow each step:

Cliff S, Sep 13, 2017
  9. I just followed your suggestion, Cliff, and it did not help.

10. Cliff S New Member
    Did you make any changes in Advanced System Settings\Advanced Tab\Performance

Cliff S, Sep 13, 2017
  11. Yes, Cliff...I did...but I chose not to use any animations or shadows as they wouldn't be helpful and they probably slow things down a bit.

But, with all these in force, I don't see an improvement.

12. Cliff S New Member
    You could try running the following in an admin command prompt(click 3 times fast, to select all, then copy it), and see if it corrects some of the changes you made:

Code: fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause[/quote] Or just download this batch file(it's the same thing), open up properties & unblock it, then right click and run as admin:

ClassicMaint.bat

Cliff S, Sep 13, 2017
  13. Can't Read Many Web Pages

Thank you very much, Cliff. I have downloaded and unblocked it. I also made a new Restore Point.

Question: Does this batch file return everything to "plain vanilla"...original MS version before Winaero?

14. Cliff S New Member
    Not everything, but it makes fixes to any changes in System32 and SysWOW64, that some use for tweaking & customizing Windows. It also repairs broken Windows files by using a new original copy(downloaded from Microsoft). And it cleans up the component store(WinSxS folder)..

Cliff S, Sep 14, 2017
  15. Well, old friend, you were right again.

Partially.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox. Big improvement today.

Same actions with Chrome did not have any affect.

Florida Rene, Sep 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Can't Read Many Web Pages - Similar Threads - Can't Read Many

2. Web page not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web page not available: I can’t check email from any mobile device Microsoft 365 outlook thru Godaddy Webmail. I can check email from a desktop device. Issue is on day two, I contacted Godaddy and it is not their issue, it’s Microsoft’s. Solution?...
  3. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  4. Web Pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Pages: HiWhy do i keep seeing page not responding when looking at a website.Little circle keeps spinning.on topTHANK YOU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-pages/5a964af9-02cf-43bf-baf2-a56d037d49d6
  5. Web Pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Web page zoom

in Windows 10 Support
    Web page zoom: Most browsers have the facility to zoom in & out of web pages but they all seem to use the same increments. Starting at 100% they go 110 - 120 - 133 etc or similar. unfortunately when you get much above that they seem to jump in increments of 100 or more ie 300 - 400 etc....
  7. web page reverts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page reverts: Web pages revert back to previous pages without actions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-reverts/60ba63dd-ab5e-491e-8698-94347050c7bb
  8. web page blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    web page blocked: I attempt to open Peets coffee ap and am told to contact administrator. I am the only one who uses the computer. who is administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-page-blocked/7341d1be-6d3d-40c2-9031-6fd0f9ccac7c
  9. Firefox Quantum can't recover web page

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Quantum can't recover web page: Hi all,I installed firefox quantum to try it out.Seems pretty fast but when I close it and then restart it,it won't go to my homepage.Says can't recover web page so I have to click on new session.Any help would be appreciated but remember lights on but ain't nobody home most...
  10. Slow Web Pages.

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Web Pages.: I am having problems with slow webpages. Is it Edge? I have been tempted to take my PC to a shop and have more RAM installed. I currently have 8 gigs of RAM. Maybe 16 gigs would speed it up. Could Edge be using a lot of RAM when running webpages? Sometimes I have problems...