Windows 10: Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA

Discus and support Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my friend gave me his Asus X205TA so that i can do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of all the bloatware. it came with 32 bit and i'm trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wilmer007, Jun 30, 2016.

1. wilmer007 Win User

Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA

my friend gave me his Asus X205TA so that i can do a clean install of Windows 10 to get rid of all the bloatware. it came with 32 bit and i'm trying to upgrade it to 64 bit. only problem is no matter what i try i can't get this laptop to read the USB drive.

what else can i do. i've tried pretty much everything.

my only option at this point is to take out the HDD and place it inside my desktop and reinstall it that way. however i really don't want to have to resort to this last option since it's a pain having to open up both his laptop and my desktop.

:)

wilmer007, Jun 30, 2016

2. soundcard not detected after update Windows 10

Asus Eeebook X205TA Windows 10 - 32bit.

Latest drivers/software reinstalled .

4 weeks ago the notebook couldn't shut down after a n update , now this .....

Can you help me ?

JohnScheepers1, Jun 30, 2016
  3. windows 10 partialy deleted i did a bad help

i was attempting to do a backup recovery point but erased all but explorer cant due anything in windows and its only 6 months old can i re download win10 it came on my laptop Asus X205TA

cliffclawson, Jun 30, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What did you use to make the Windows 10 USB flash drive with? Is it formatted as FAT32? Is the FAT32 partition on the flash drive set as Active? The USB flash drive should look like my disk 1:

Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 30, 2016
  5. wilmer007 Win User
    yes it matches what you have. i used the media creation tool to automatically format it.

the main issue is that no matter what i try the laptop just doesn't want to read the USB drive (i've also tried every format on Rufus and nothing) and it doesn't have a DVD drive either. And the legacy mode is no where to be found either.

i've never had a laptop give me so many headaches like this one. *Sad

wilmer007, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant Reinstall Windows 10 on an Asus X205TA - Similar Threads - Cant Reinstall Asus

2. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA: Hi,I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my Asus X205TTA which is broken since a failed update.I have made a bootable key but cannot install windows because I need to enter my BitLocker key with a the keyboards which is not responding on this screen.I haven't found any...
  3. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA: Hi,I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my Asus X205TTA which is broken since a failed update.I have made a bootable key but cannot install windows because I need to enter my BitLocker key with a the keyboards which is not responding on this screen.I haven't found any...
  4. BitLocker key and keyboard not working - Asus X205TA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 RE & Macrium PE driver issues Asus X205TA

Windows 10 RE & Macrium PE driver issues Asus X205TA: On Asus X205TA, there is issue with Touchpad on Windows 10, that wasn’t the case with Windows 8 as it had come pre- loaded with. Later Asus release Smart Gesture driver that fixed the problem in booted Windows, but not for Win RE or PE environment – neither keyboard nor...
  6. ASUS X205TA netbook keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    ASUS X205TA netbook keeps shutting down: I recently clean installed Win 10 on a friends' netbook; the install was successful and it was working fine after installing a few drivers, Chrome and a few other software programs. I shut it down and a couple of days later my friend came to pick it up. When I then turned on...
  7. Intel SST Audio device WDM....Asus X205ta Netbook

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel SST Audio device WDM....Asus X205ta Netbook: Guys the sound from my pc speakers is very low on volume,there is no equalisation tab to boost this as I had before my driver is the current version I have tried various workrounds without success any help out there please....win 10 home build 17134 115766
  8. Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found

Asus X205TA clean install but no bluetooth device found: Was running Win10 with bluetooth perfectly well until a virus hit. Used Malwarebytes recovery and it found a couple thousand issues. Told it to fix everything and computer bricked. Took it to a local tech while on vacation in Mexico. Had a clean Win10 install done. It was...
  9. Asus X205TA no keyboard/touchpad on/after Windows 8.1/10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus X205TA no keyboard/touchpad on/after Windows 8.1/10 installation: Greetings. Got this annoying issue with my Asus X205TA laptop. Had it with Windows 8.1 and decided to upgrade it to Windows 10, once it got installed, as always, win10 downloaded and installed updated which caused BSOD on rebooting (0xc0000225 winload.efi). Tried to installed...
  10. Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Install on Asus X205TA unusable: keyboard & mouse not recognised: Hi! (First post in this forum) I recently re-installed Windows 10 on my Asus X205TA notebook using the ISO on a USB stick. It installed without a problem, but when I boot the computer now (first boot after installation), the OS does not recognise the keyboard and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows on asus x205ta

2. issues reinstalling windows 10 asus x205ta

3. asus notebook problems cant reinstall windows