Windows 10: Can't remove icon under settings for taskbar

Discus and support Can't remove icon under settings for taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want Shareaza.exe removed from this list shown in the attached picture. I uninstalled the program, it was still there. I did a registry search and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Markinpa1970, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Can't remove icon under settings for taskbar

I want Shareaza.exe removed from this list shown in the attached picture. I uninstalled the program, it was still there. I did a registry search and removed every instance I found for it. It's still there. It's making me crazy that I can't figure this out. ANY help would be tremendous. Thanks in advance!

Mark

:)

Markinpa1970, Jan 9, 2016
  2. ConiGL Win User

USB Safe Remove Icon missing

Safely remove hardware in Windows 10

To avoid losing data, it's important to remove external hardware like hard drives and USB drives safely.

• Look for the Safely Remove Hardware icon on the taskbar. If you don't see it, select Show hidden icons
      Up arrow icon. Press and hold (or right-click) the icon and select the hardware you want to remove.

• If you can't find the Safely Remove Hardware
      icon, press and hold (or right-click) the taskbar and select Taskbar settings
      Gear-shaped Settings icon.

• Under Notification Area, choose
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar

• Scroll to Windows Explorer: Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media
      and turn it on.

• If this doesn't work, make sure the device has stopped all activity like copying or syncing files. Select
      Start Windows logo Start button > Settings
      Gear-shaped Settings icon > Devices. Select the device, and click
      Remove device.

• Finally, check with the hardware manufacturer for new drivers or other updates.

ConiGL, Jan 9, 2016
  3. EmBq Win User
    Power icon on tskbar won't show - grey in settings

Hi!

I recently updated to Windows 10 and my computer did an automatic update today, but in that update my power icon has disappeared from my taskbar. In 'Notifications and actions' in settings I tried turning on the icon in 'turn system icons on or off', but
    I can't do it! It's grey and can't be turned on. AND the icon is on under 'select which icons appear on taskbar'. So, anyone know what to do?

EmBq, Jan 9, 2016
Thema:

Can't remove icon under settings for taskbar

1. Can't remove icon under settings for taskbar - Similar Threads - Can't remove icon

2. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  3. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Shadow Under Icon Text: Remove Shadow Under Icon Text .I have tried going into the System properties... then Visual effects, and unchecking the box for "Use drop shadows for icons... " It does NOT work. Can someone please help me with this?...
  4. Remove Shadow Under Icon Text

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What is the solution of the dots under icons in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the solution of the dots under icons in taskbar?: HiLately, a black line showed up in the bottom of taskbar. And whenever a run something ,for example Google Chrome, a white line consists of dots appears in the bottom of the icon. The picture I attached shows the white dots under the chrome icon Thank you!...
  6. Taskbar Icon Removal

Taskbar Icon Removal: Is there a way to remove a taskbar icon? completely remove so it's not in that hidden space either. Ok so I know the answer is no, I am posting this suggestion so that maybe it gets traction and Microsoft does something. My thought is there should be three levels of icons...
  7. Line under taskbar icons not working

Line under taskbar icons not working: The blue line under my taskbar is not there anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/line-under-taskbar-icons-not-working/b3b1210c-e845-4669-9b09-18ad8cfdf479
  8. remove icon from taskbar

remove icon from taskbar: "filterkeys" appears in my taskbar as a hidden icon. No option to close or remove. I want to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-icon-from-taskbar/7c8f510c-6884-42c9-a031-d7b5a74c8780
  9. I can't fine the taskbar icon "safely remove hardware icon" and have been to settings etc...

I can't fine the taskbar icon "safely remove hardware icon" and have been to settings etc...: I was always taught to click on the icon before removing a USB but it seems to have vanished. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-fine-the-taskbar-icon-safely-remove/097677d5-ab65-4e1c-8eb7-a1180fd3a964
  10. OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive icon suddenly in taskbar - can't remove: All of a sudden for some reason a OneDrive icon suddenly appeared in my taskbar and I can't figure out how to remove it. Right-click offers no options. Can anyone help me with permanently removing it? I can't deal with the taskbar space it takes up. [img] thanks in...