Windows 10: Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options

Discus and support Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Trying to setup the built-in Backup (File History) to make automatic copies of some important work files. I do not need to backup such user folders as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wisekat, Dec 23, 2015.

1. wisekat Win User

Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options

Trying to setup the built-in Backup (File History) to make automatic copies of some important work files. I do not need to backup such user folders as Music, Videos and Pictures using this tool, but I can't remove them from the backup settings. They are always returned to the list of folders to backup automatically!

Is there a way to prevent system from doing this?

:)

wisekat, Dec 23, 2015

2. Unable to remove folders from File History backups

I believe MS did fix it, using my steps from a few posts ago you should be able to remove all folders from your File History backups except those belonging to a library (Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos,
    Camera Roll and Saved Pictures). This now mimics the behaviour of Windows 8.1.

Previously, File History kept re-adding everything in C:\Users\Donny, but not anymore.

Donny Murgatroyd, Dec 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 decided to delete year's worth of documents and projects

Sorry, but Windows 10 doesn't touch files stored in the default user folders (your user account's Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos folders) where Windows expects users to store their files.

In all that time, did you never backup your files? I can't imagine leaving my crucial financial documents and irreplaceable pictures of my kids without any protection.

"A while ago Windows decided to break itself ..."

Uh-huh.

BulldogXX, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options

1. Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options - Similar Threads - Can't remove Music

2. Music and Videos Folders Missing from the Updated OneDrive “Manage Backup” Function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music and Videos Folders Missing from the Updated OneDrive “Manage Backup” Function: I am running Windows 11 Home, 22H2 OS Build 22621.1105 on an HP Pavilion laptop mfr in Dec 2021 with 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i7-1165G7 Hz and 16.0 GB RAM. The OneDrive Build is 23.011.0115.0009 64-bit. When I installed OneDrive on my laptop, I could only back up the Documents,...
  3. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  4. Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...

Standard Folders from File explorerDownloads, Documents, Videos, Pictures, Music not...: Below in the folders in Box 1 should show underBox 2 and 3. Can.t seem to have it working even after 3 resets. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/standard-folders-from-file-explorerdownloads/6f9e379b-9b5f-4bf4-9f76-377f7fe143af
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. Videos and music folder both named pictures

Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  7. Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music: Hi, I have been unable to access my pictures since I moved my files to a my new computer. [img] [img] Same result trying from C:\Users\Me [img] I don't see any other way to access those folders. There are new Picture, Video and Music folders but they only show up in...
  8. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  9. Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders: Changing directory of user library folders desktop, music, pictures, documents, videos: For the user library folders such as Desktop, Music, Pictures, I know that the directory can be changed by going in to "properties" > "location" Like so: https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/change-location-of-user-folders-in-windows/ I'm looking to change the directory of these...
  10. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...