Windows 10: Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options

Discus and support Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Trying to setup the built-in Backup (File History) to make automatic copies of some important work files. I do not need to backup such user folders as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by wisekat, Dec 23, 2015.

1. wisekat Win User

Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options

Trying to setup the built-in Backup (File History) to make automatic copies of some important work files. I do not need to backup such user folders as Music, Videos and Pictures using this tool, but I can't remove them from the backup settings. They are always returned to the list of folders to backup automatically!

Is there a way to prevent system from doing this?

:)

wisekat, Dec 23, 2015

2. Unable to remove folders from File History backups

I believe MS did fix it, using my steps from a few posts ago you should be able to remove all folders from your File History backups except those belonging to a library (Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos,
    Camera Roll and Saved Pictures). This now mimics the behaviour of Windows 8.1.

Previously, File History kept re-adding everything in C:\Users\Donny, but not anymore.

Donny Murgatroyd, Dec 23, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows 10 decided to delete year's worth of documents and projects

Sorry, but Windows 10 doesn't touch files stored in the default user folders (your user account's Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos folders) where Windows expects users to store their files.

In all that time, did you never backup your files? I can't imagine leaving my crucial financial documents and irreplaceable pictures of my kids without any protection.

"A while ago Windows decided to break itself ..."

Uh-huh.

BulldogXX, Dec 23, 2015
Thema:

Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options

1. Can't remove Music, Videos & Pictures user folders from Backup Options - Similar Threads - Can't remove Music

2. Can't save/copy to Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music or Pictures after removing Norton...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't save/copy to Desktop, Documents, Videos, Music or Pictures after removing Norton...: I recently bough an Acer laptop that came pre-installed with a free trial of Norton Security After uninstalling Norton Security I have lost write access to the Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music and Desktop folders. I've been trying to get support from Acer, Nortand and...
  3. User folder says it is a backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder says it is a backup: Hi, my user folder on my D: drive says it is a backup and when I click on it, it asks if I want to restore from that folder. When I look at what files are in it, it seems to only be a backup of my C: drive. I can still access all of my files by using the quick access on the...
  4. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...
  5. Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't "unlink" local Music folder from OneDrive Music folder. Tried many KB:s and...: Situation: Something made my Local Music folder point to the OneDrive Music folder. I now want to "unlink" my Local Music folder back to being only local. I tried (of course) the simple way of using properties of the local Music folder and changing the location back to...
  6. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude: Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what I want. I just want to delete...
  7. Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Documents/Music/Pictures/Videos folder alternatives?: For those of us finally fed up with the colossal mess applications have made of them (particularly “Documents”). And also for those of us still with just the “C:\” drive to work with. I’ve long heard that it’s simply not viable to use a new “Local Disc C:\” folder for such...
  8. Remove User Account Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove User Account Picture: Pardon me if this is answered already. Bros i just installed Windows 10 Pro Creators Update Version 1703 Build 15063.0. I want to remove user account picture on login screen. I tried some tutorials but nothing is working for me. I don't remember how i did it in...
  9. remove the profile/user picture

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove the profile/user picture: Hi.. i just bought a 2nd hand laptop, please help me to remove the profile/user picture of the previous owner. [img] sorry for my post its my first time to ask help in this community.. thanks.. 103142
  10. remove 3d objects from users folder

in Windows 10 Support
    remove 3d objects from users folder: Hi brink .how do I remove 3d objects from users folder [img] 97807