Windows 10: Can't remove Old windows file

Discus and support Can't remove Old windows file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys.. I'm using core-i5 6200 6th Gen laptop with windows 10. My windows was creating some problems so I had to reset Windows. Now I can't delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ishaq Khan, May 6, 2017.

1. Can't remove Old windows file

Hey guys.. I'm using core-i5 6200 6th Gen laptop with windows 10. My windows was creating some problems so I had to reset Windows. Now I can't delete windows.Old file. I have tried disk clean up method but it has left some files and are unremovable. By deleting it says you need permission from trusted installer.
    Any Help please.

:)

Ishaq Khan, May 6, 2017
  2. Stannel Win User

unable to recover space from dleted old windows 10 file,

Hi, I did gain 2 gig from other files, but I did not receive the 9gb that I expected from the old windows. How can I delete the empty old window folders? The folder old windows still appears in file mgr. If I try to delete them it says that I can't. Is
    it possible that the space wasn't released when the files were removed ? Hidden ? Thanks for your help .

Stannel, May 6, 2017
  3. Uninstalling old DKU-2 driver

Same here. Can't remove old cable driver, because i don't have the original MSI file.

Tried PC Suite Cleaner - it also didn't help - it said it's not compatible with this version of PC Suite.

Please help. I'm now stuck with no PC Suite. Removed the old one, but can't install the new Nokia_PC_Suite_rel_6_85_12_0_eng_web.exe

janitor---01, May 6, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Can't remove Old windows file

Welcome to TenForums @Ishaq Khan

Stubborn files in windows.old are often drivers that are incorrectly marked as 'in use' despite being in windows.old. Try Option Three: 'Delete "Windows.old" Folder in a Command Prompt at Boot' in this tutorial.
    Delete Windows.old Folder in Windows 10

Bree, May 6, 2017
Thema:

Can't remove Old windows file

1. Can't remove Old windows file - Similar Threads - Can't remove Old

2. Removal Of old user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445
  3. Removal Of old user

in Windows 10 Support
    Removal Of old user: [img] When i try to remove this old user I get this but no indications how to do it all help great fully appreciated 133445
  4. Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: Removal of old (old, old) Windows installation: I have followed a few threads on manual removal of the Windows.old folder after automatic methods do not work, and none that I have seen has addressed the particular version of the problem I am seeing, which is that there appears to be a hard link embedded in this folder,...
  5. removing old admin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing old admin: I just bought this laptop windows 10 and the old administrator is still here. How do I remove him and put me as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-old-admin/fdb2e432-2b8b-45fc-88ba-78fb43e0a5a9
  6. old email removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email removal: Is there an effective procedure to remove old email msgs; i.e., batch method . Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/old-email-removal/1fb76276-9094-4a83-81f0-d89149ff952b
  7. Removing old files

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing old files: I have clone a drive to an SSD Drive, how can I remove the Windows files from the old drive without formatting it. 47829
  8. Removing old D:\Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing old D:\Windows: It seems my old windows 7 directory (D:\Windows) is extremely difficult to remove. I already took ownership of all files (via Win10), but Microsoft, as usual, very aggressively hinders you in doing what you want to do. How do I delete these files?! Even just opening an...
  9. Old Skydrive removal

in Windows 10 Support
    Old Skydrive removal: I'm actually asking for a friend who upgraded from W8.1 to W10. He has both Onedrive and Skydrive listed in Windows Explorer. The question is how to remove Skydrive and keep Onedrive. He has tried renaming Skydrive; well here is a quote from his email to me" I tried renaming...
  10. Remove Old OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Old OS: I was running 7 and wanting a fresh install for 10. I created a new partition and installed 10. Now after a bit I'd like to format the old partition where win 7 is running but I'm afraid the boot manager still resides on there. I've gone into system configuration and into the...