Windows 10: Can't remove password required to unlock device

Discus and support Can't remove password required to unlock device in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Every single time i unlock my device, i have to input either my PIN or my Password. I have gone into "All Settings", "Accounts", "Sign-in Options", and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Powwers16, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Powwers16 Win User

Can't remove password required to unlock device

Every single time i unlock my device, i have to input either my PIN or my Password. I have gone into "All Settings", "Accounts", "Sign-in Options", and set "Require Sign-In" to "never". I have also gone into Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Power Options, and Require Password on Wake and have set this to "Dont Require a Password". Despite having these settings, still have to input a password! Does anyone know of another setting that I may be missing? What can i do?

:)

Powwers16, Aug 1, 2015
  2. BenMollet Win User

ActiveSync Error message 85010013

Trying to connect a Lumia 822 (running WP8) and getting error code 85010013 even after I am prompted to set an unlock password. General & Password tabs for my ActiveSync policy are below. Is this likely caused by my requiring encryption on the storage
    card?

Thanks for any assistance,

Ben

EDIT: I lied...I guess I can't paste in images into a forum posting.

"Allow non-provisionalbe devices" is unticked

"Require password" is ticked, but "Require alphanumeric password" is not

Encryption is required on the device and storage card

All options in the Device and Advanced tabs are enabled

BenMollet, Aug 1, 2015
  3. bhumbro Win User
    Help required to unlock device with unlock code

best way is to0 ask AT&T to do the job

bhumbro, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Can't remove password required to unlock device

In the run dialog box (win-key + R) enter "netplwiz" (without quotations).
    Highlight your account. Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". Click Apply.
    Then enter your password and confirm it. Click OK
    Restart to check if the setting has stuck.

fracking4oil, Aug 1, 2015
  5. ambimom Win User
    Think this only works for boot-up. Need to change the Power Options in control panel ("settings that are currently unavailable") to not require a password, for everything else.

Of course, if you are the only user this makes sense.... if using a desktop.

If you're using laptop that travels with you, I wouldn't do it. It makes your laptop vulnerable to anyone and everyone.

ambimom, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Powwers16 Win User
    Same thing here, I tried what the Fracking4Oil suggested and it seemed to work for a little bit actually but my computer is back to asking me for a password again every single time i want to unlock. Is this just a glitch with the OS?

Powwers16, Aug 1, 2015
  7. YOU
    You Win User
    Maybe r screensaver is causing Windows to lock the computer? To access the screensaver settings, search for "screensaver".

8. jimc197 Win User

I had the same problem, it seams when you install a ms account you have to use the password
    for everything, I did a restore to a point before a ms account and it worked, now if I want a app
    I will have to. setup a ms account again.

jimc197, Aug 1, 2015
  9. ambimom Win User
    OMG that was it! Thank you, thank you! I didn't notice that there was that check-mark to go to logon screen. I unchecked it and now I no longer have to sign on every single time!

ambimom, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Powwers16 Win User
    I actually didn't have a screensaver set at all. I'm using a Surface Pro 3 by the way. I'm still in desperate need of a solution, this is driving me crazy!

Powwers16, Aug 4, 2015
  11. jimc197 Win User
    it is one of the reasons I have gone back to win 7 and when they fix a lot of the bugs I
    will try 10 again

jimc197, Aug 4, 2015
  12. syrioust Win User
    You can sign in with a local account , when creating a local account it will ask for a password you just leave it empty
    you can change back to MS account whenever you like

syrioust, Aug 4, 2015
  13. Powwers16 Win User

is there still no solution for this?

Powwers16, Sep 5, 2015
  14. rocket777 Win User
    My windows 10 computers are all set in the power options to NOT require a password on wakeup. Every week or two this setting gets changed w/o me doing anything.

Is there anything new on this?

Oh, BTW, everytime it gets reset, I land on the page with a new image and a question asking if I like what I see. So, it seems related to the changing of the logon screen image (which I don't recall ever asking it to change this).

rocket777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't remove password required to unlock device - Similar Threads - Can't remove password

2. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...: So when users log in first thing, they would still need a password. But if they lock their desktop for a break and come back, they could unlock it with just a pin number?...
  3. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...: So when users log in first thing, they would still need a password. But if they lock their desktop for a break and come back, they could unlock it with just a pin number?...
  4. Is it possible to require a password to log into a domain workstation, but unlock it with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't unlock a find my device locked device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unlock a find my device locked device: Used "Find My Device" to lock a missing device and now there seems to be no way to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unlock-a-find-my-device-locked-device/730f3f4a-f004-428e-88b5-2b88a84fadea
  6. REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY: I purchased a new laptop and after setting it up with no option during the setup to decline a password and PIN I finally got to use it. Now Win 11 WILL NOT let me remove the password or pin requirements. I DO NOT want a password OR a pin to sign in. I simply wish to open my...
  7. REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REMOVE PIN AND PASSWORD REQUIREMENT PERMANENTLY: I purchased a new laptop and after setting it up with no option during the setup to decline a password and PIN I finally got to use it. Now Win 11 WILL NOT let me remove the password or pin requirements. I DO NOT want a password OR a pin to sign in. I simply wish to open my...
  8. REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D

REQUIREMENT FOR PASSWORD BITLOCKER TO UNLOCK HARDWARE DISK D: Hi IT team, Please see my errors below, I already struggled to unlock my disk D after resetting my computer but it seems not to work. Could you please advise/ help/provide my password bitlocker for unlocking my D disk at your soonest time because I'm under an urgent...
  9. Requiring "Last Password used on this device"

Requiring "Last Password used on this device": I forgot my password so I reset it. Once I input the new password It gives me the message "Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device" even though i am connected to a landline....
  10. remove log on password requirements.

remove log on password requirements.: Recently built a new PC all was fine. I was booting and using my PC daily and no password was ever required. I never entered any password for logging into to windows. For some reason I got on internet one day and was searching for some info on Microsoft's webpage and had to...