Windows 10: Can't remove storage spaces drive

Discus and support Can't remove storage spaces drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Something happened to one of the drives on my storage spaces pool. I can no longer see the files, so I tried to remove the storage space. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iridium123, May 21, 2016.

1. Can't remove storage spaces drive

Something happened to one of the drives on my storage spaces pool. I can no longer see the files, so I tried to remove the storage space. This operation fails with the error: "The disk structure is corrupted an unreadable". There are also similar NTFS errors in the event log.

How can I force the removal of this storage space?

:)

iridium123, May 21, 2016
  2. o0MattE0o Win User

XBOX Play Anywhere - install on secoundary storage drive blocked?

Sorry can't mark this as the Answer but for any one else having this issue you can not install XBOX Play Anywhere games on the Hard Drives that are created using "storage spaces".

I removed one of my Hard Drives from Storage spaces and set it up as a dedicated Windows Store app install location and it downloaded and install perfected ok.

o0MattE0o, May 21, 2016
  3. Storage Spaces - Unable to Remove Failed Drive / Repair Pool

Hi Samsonbiatch,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

This issue can be best answered by TechNet forum as they have experts who are trained on such issues.

Technet forums

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 21, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Can't remove storage spaces drive

Type storage spaces in the Search box, look for a panel that says "Select drives to create a storage pool", there may be a place on that one to Take offline.

Can't remove storage spaces drive [​IMG]

Berton, May 21, 2016
  5. Got this figured out. I ran mmc to open up disk management and then performed a "slow" format on the drive. It was configured as a 50T storage space and took overnight to get to 1%. On a hunch I figured this got some of the file system metadata in shape, so I cancelled the full format and ran a quick format. That worked and I had a non corrupted drive. After that I was able to remove the storage space.

iridium123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't remove storage spaces drive

1. Can't remove storage spaces drive - Similar Threads - Can't remove storage

2. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces - remove/add drive: Hi,I currently have a Windows 10 PC running Enterprise edition. The PC has a storage spaces set up on it consisting of 6 x 2TB drives. It also has a m.2 with the Windows install on it.We needed to re-image the PC which we use PIXE boot for. when doing this, all the storage...
  3. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Spaces - remove/add drive: Hi,I currently have a Windows 10 PC running Enterprise edition. The PC has a storage spaces set up on it consisting of 6 x 2TB drives. It also has a m.2 with the Windows install on it.We needed to re-image the PC which we use PIXE boot for. when doing this, all the storage...
  4. Storage Spaces - remove/add drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing drive from storage spaces stuck at 0.09%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing drive from storage spaces stuck at 0.09%: I've got a simple volume with no parity that I'm using for Plex, and one of my drives has some bad sectors, which I started the process of removing earlier today. However, it seems to have stalled at 0.09% drive capacity used. Running get-storagejob in Powershell shows...
  6. Removing drive from storage spaces stuck at 0.09%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing drive from storage spaces stuck at 0.09%: I've got a simple volume with no parity that I'm using for Plex, and one of my drives has some bad sectors, which I started the process of removing earlier today. However, it seems to have stalled at 0.09% drive capacity used. Running get-storagejob in Powershell shows...
  7. Removing drive from storage spaces stuck at 0.09%

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Help removing drive from storage space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help removing drive from storage space: [ATTACH] i've tried multiple thing but i cannot get a bad drive to remove from pool its has 0.01% left on it I'm ok losing that data When trying to remove via the GUI Listing says preparing to remove has been trying to re balance for over a week and wont end what...
  9. Storage Spaces Can't Prepare Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces Can't Prepare Drives: So I'm reformatting my old storage space drives, as I was getting a strange capacity error with them. I properly deleted the old storage pool and wiped the drives, but now when I go to recreate the storage pool, I get the following error message. I've tried both formatted and...
  10. Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Remove Drive from Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. If you upgraded an existing pool, you'll be able to remove a drive...