Windows 10: Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

Discus and support Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lbeck, May 6, 2018.

1. lbeck Win User

Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are accepted, the rename process shuts off, and I'm again left with a folder that I can't rename.

What has happened and how can I fix it?

:)

lbeck, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

1. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name - Similar Threads - Can't rename Folder

2. Renaming folders doesnt actually change the name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming folders doesnt actually change the name: So i downloaded this image album. Theres a couple hundred folders i need to manually renameI dont have problem with folders i created myself, just these downloaded folders. For some reason when i right click rename or f2 rename the folders, it only change the displayed name....
  3. Renaming folders doesnt actually change the name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folders doesnt actually change the name: So i downloaded this image album. Theres a couple hundred folders i need to manually renameI dont have problem with folders i created myself, just these downloaded folders. For some reason when i right click rename or f2 rename the folders, it only change the displayed name....
  4. Can't Rename a Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Rename a Folder: I'm trying to get rid of duplicate photos. I used CCleaner which showed duplicates in:"C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads.old"When I look at it, it's path is:"C:\Users\Phil\Documents\Pictures\iCloud Photos\Downloads". When I look at the file, the name is...
  5. Can't rename folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't rename folders: I created a new folder on my surface pro on the C Drive. When I attempt to rename it by tapping on the folder, and then clicking rename it allows me into the folder name, but the minute I bring up the virtual keyboard the focus changes, and I am no longer on the folder name...
  6. How to Rename user folder name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  7. can't change the name of a folder any folder

can't change the name of a folder any folder: hey, I have a problem, I can't change the name of a new foler even if i just created it, im getting an error message of this kind: "we couldn't find the specific file" im getting it in hebrew so the translation may not be accurate what can I do? windows 10, 100 +GB...
  8. Can't rename a folder.

Can't rename a folder.: I love when Explorer won't allow me to rename a folder, when literally nothing is using the folder at all in any **** i n g way, you **** h o l e s. It doesn't even have the courtesy to tell me what ghost program is using the folder....
  9. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME: Hi, My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change the 'Masaustu' folder name to 'Desktop'? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  10. How to change the name of a new folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the name of a new folder?: When I create a new folder, I cannot rename it? Is there a magic trick to doing this? 15058

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows phone folder names