Windows 10: cant renew ip config

Discus and support cant renew ip config in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cant renew my ip config because my media is disconnected these are my settings Name: Local Area Connection* 10 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ahsenjauhar, Aug 13, 2018.

1. cant renew ip config

cant renew my ip config because my media is disconnected

these are my settings

Name: Local Area Connection* 10
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    Physical address (MAC): 70:1c:e7:d4:cb:b0
    Maximum transmission unit: 1500
    IPv4 address: 169.254.44.197/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::7c9a:3ad7:b580:2cc5%5/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Name: Local Area Connection* 11
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
    Physical address (MAC): 72:1c:e7:d4:cb:af
    IPv4 address: 169.254.33.177/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::6d85:c752:c8d2:21b1%13/64

Name: Ethernet
    Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Physical address (MAC): d4:81:d7:96:52:5f
    Link speed (Receive/Transmit): 100/100 (Mbps)
    DHCP enabled: Yes
    DHCP servers: 192.168.1.1
    DHCP lease obtained: ‎Monday, ‎August ‎13, ‎2018 10:15:53 PM
    DHCP lease expires: ‎Tuesday, ‎August ‎14, ‎2018 10:15:53 PM
    IPv4 address: 192.168.1.94/24
    IPv6 address: fe80::c7b:372c:e29d:5a7f%20/64
    Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DNS servers: 192.168.1.1
    DNS domain name:
    DNS connection suffix:
    DNS search suffix list:
    Network name: jauharm@unifi_5G
    Network category: Private
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to Internet / Connected to unknown network

Name: Ethernet 2
    Description: TAP-Windows Adapter V9
    Physical address (MAC): 00:ff:fe:88:82:a1
    IPv4 address: 169.254.229.90/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::c057:9c96:db7:e55a%21/64
    DNS servers: 8.8.8.8

Name: Bluetooth Network Connection
    Description: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Physical address (MAC): 70:1c:e7:d4:cb:b3
    IPv4 address: 169.254.154.54/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::6554:b4:8d86:9a36%6/64

Name: Wi-Fi
    Description: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
    Physical address (MAC): 70:1c:e7:d4:cb:af
    IPv4 address: 192.168.1.195/24
    IPv6 address: fe80::c93f:248:795e:f2a1%9/64
    Default gateway: 192.168.1.1
    DNS servers: 192.168.1.1

Name: Wi-Fi 2
    Description: 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card
    Physical address (MAC): 3c:33:00:5d:37:d1
    Maximum transmission unit: 0

:)

ahsenjauhar, Aug 13, 2018

2. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e., doing "ipconfig /release" followed by ipconfig /renew"" temporarily fixes the problem. Can someone explain to me what doing a release/renew does to Windows such that a program - even a program with deeply embedded hooks - would even know this has happened.

Obviously the computer will get a new IP address from DHCP. (Which, for many DHCP servers, will likely be the same as the old one.) If it gets a new address, will this make Windows switch it's network profile from "Private" to "Guest or Public"? (I know the security package will see that.)

And a few more questions relating to /release and /renew but unrelated to the problem:
    I see there are IPv6 versions of /release and /renew. Does that mean that /release and /renew apply to only IPv4 addresses, or do those commands apply to both IPv4 and IPv6? If only IPv4, is there a way to release and renew all addresses? The DHCP server supplied a list of DNS servers as part of the DHCP handshake. Does the release and renew process also renew the list of DNS servers? If so, is there the same division of IPv4 and IPv6?

pokeefe0001, Aug 13, 2018
  3. tajemunn Win User
    Need to reset/renew my IP address

• Click Start->Run, type cmd and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release at the prompt window, press Enter, it will release the current IP configuration.
    • Type ipconfig /renew at the prompt window, press Enter, wait for a while, the DHCP server will assign a new IP address for your computer.

tajemunn, Aug 13, 2018
  4. cant renew ip config

No valid ip configuration

Hi,

Let us try the methods below and observe:

First Method: Reset both TCP/IP stack and winsock.

Sometimes winsock or the TCP/IP stack gets corrupted. To reset TCP/IP stack and winsock, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands one at a a time and hit Enter after each command:
    netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Second Method: Release and renew IP address.

To release and renew IP address, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter
    • Type Exit and hit Enter
    Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

cant renew ip config

1. cant renew ip config - Similar Threads - cant renew config

2. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  3. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Ip Config: After changing ip address on a computer to match with another computer on the internet by mistake, computer connects to wifi but cannot access internet. Trying to reset ip address causes media disconnected issue. How can I reset the ip for internet access?...
  4. Internet Ip Config

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :(

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant connect to ethernet no valid ip config tried ipconfig /renew and then this happend :(: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XlutorS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo310o/cant_connect_to_ethernet_no_valid_ip_config_tried/
  6. Ethernet no valid ip config

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet no valid ip config: I have tried almost everything trying to fix this. Playing games on wireless is too laggy but my Ethernet just won’t connect. What am I missing? How screwed up is my PC now after trying so many different methods to fix this? Is there any ~100% method that will finally rid me...
  7. Media Disconnected Error- IP Renewal

Media Disconnected Error- IP Renewal: My laptop wasn’t able to connect to the wifi of the hostel that I will be living at for the next few months, I read through some troubleshooting sites and it looked like resetting my IP was the best way to go. However, once I released my IP i haven’t been able to create a new...
  8. DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied

DHCP renewal of IP address with ISP denied: Hello I wonder if anyone can advise concerning a series of messages appearing in the logs of my two networked computers? Examples of the messages: ON ALPHA: The IP address lease 192.168.0.3 for the Network Card with network address 0x0024E8F1F44F has been denied...
  9. Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?

Side effects of releasing/renewing IP addresses?: There is a fairly well know security package that is causing some users problems on Win 10 AU - browser connections get blocked. (Other TCP/IP connectivity is unaffected - just browsers.) A user of the product found that releasing and renewing DHCP-provided IP address - i.e.,...
  10. IP Config problem

IP Config problem: Hi all I've gotten about 15 service calls recently with no internet access. I find the Task Bar Internet icon has a yellow triangle. It shows an IP Configuration error. I can fix them by using my Network Adapter repair tool. The problem seems to happen to both Wifi and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Intel r dual band wireless ac 3160 not operational