Windows 10: Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

Discus and support Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between. 21014 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MBG, Sep 3, 2015.

1. MBG
    MBG Win User

Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize

A few days ago, the windows for my apps stopped allowing me to resize them. I can minimize or maximize the windows, but nothing in between.

:)

2. in win 10, maximized window won't drag

Mike is right. If the window is maximized the window's window menu will prevent you from moving or resizing it and that has always been the case. Use Alt-Space to see this. Restore, Minimize and Close are your only options in this state. So almost certainly
    you would have been dragging a maximally sized window. In that case everything except Restore would have been available--a sign that the window is in its normal mode.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 3, 2015
  3. WesMartin Win User
    Intermet Explorer 2 monitors

Found answer in Windows community - resize window, not minimize or maximize, and then drag to 2nd monitor. IE will then always open on monitor 2.

WesMartin, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Sep 3, 2015
  5. MBG
    MBG Win User
    Thanks. Problem fixed.

6. Win10Pea Win User
    i didnt know WHAT was going on
    THANKS!!
    I was in tablet mode on my desktop
    I know, old post, but it solved my problem

Win10Pea, Apr 14, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    You are welcome. Always nice to hear issues get resolved *Smile

8. johnroc Win User

Windows 10 auto-upgrade totally jacked up my computer. NOT in tablet mode, but cannot resize window except to go to full screen. Tried toggling tablet mode and rebooting. No luck. Also clicks through window to pickup icons on desktop. And opens a half dozen windows in chrome. This all started immediately following Windows 10 auto-update. Windows 10 SUCKS. Wasting my Saturday trying to fix these Microsoft created problems.

johnroc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't resize apps except to minimize or maximize - Similar Threads - Can't resize apps

2. Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 minimize maximize resize close buttons greyed out: I am using Win 10 normal startup in msconfig. Weird problem all the minimize, maximize, resize and close buttons for all application's dialog boxes as well as Chrome tabs 'x' buttons are greyed out and disabled. I have run sfc /scannow, dism restorehealth, scanned with MS...
  3. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  4. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't resize/maximize window: Hey there. I wanted to make a game GTA IV run in windowed mode the game runs in fullscreen mode and there is no option within the game's settings to change the mode as I often switch between windows. I added the line "-windowed" without quotations to a command line file...
  5. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't resize/maximize window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. minimize/maximize disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize/maximize disappear: on windows taskbar, I can "X" out of a screen, but there is no longer a minimize - or maximize -screen function, just the "X". What did I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimizemaximize-disappear/5859e95b-8b5b-4ee7-ad05-328a843e6f7f
  8. Minimize/maximize window

Minimize/maximize window: The line to minimize and the square to maximize window has disappeared from the top right of the screen. The only option shown is the x to close window. How do I restore the minimize and maximize option?...
  9. Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.

Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.: I can't seem to minimize or maximize my panels. I've tried getting out of tablet mode....this didn't work, I tried going to task manager and deleting it....nope. I've got all the latest upgrades....still nothing. Nothing seems to work. I've got a nice desktop pc, running...
  10. No maximize or minimize tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No maximize or minimize tab: Issue with no minimize or maximize tabs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/no-maximize-or-minimize-tab/68847e49-620a-4f91-b9f4-7d41a540c126