Windows 10: Can't revise doc.x without changing title or revision

Discus and support Can't revise doc.x without changing title or revision in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes I can’t revise Windows 10 .docx files unless I change the file name or revision. I find this very annoying. Please help me resolve this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wilhelm45, Jul 12, 2017.

1. wilhelm45 Win User

Can't revise doc.x without changing title or revision

Sometimes I can’t revise Windows 10 .docx files unless I change the file name or revision. I find this very annoying. Please help me resolve this problem. Thanks.*Confused

:)

wilhelm45, Jul 12, 2017

2. Unable to download any apps, it keeps asking for my Family Setup

I can't download apps keeps asking for my family setup setting on windowsphone.com

***The title was revised by the moderator for clarity purposes.***

LejlaDragusha, Jul 12, 2017
  3. Unable to download application

Can not downloads application

**The title was revised by the moderator for clarity purposes.**

cccccbxhre, Jul 12, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

What do you mean by revise?

Have you tried going to Programs and Features and Repairing Microsoft Office?

pepanee, Jul 14, 2017
  5. wilhelm45 Win User
    I went to Programs and Features then went through the repair process but I still have the same problem. That is, when I finish revising a file (making a change to the file) I sometimes but not all the time, have to change the title of the file to be able to complete the process.

wilhelm45, Jul 15, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    Windows 10 does not create docx files, but Microsoft Word does.
    In Word, try this Go to File -Options - advanced - general section - allow opening a document in draft view. Make sure this box is unchecked.

spunk, Jul 16, 2017
  7. wilhelm45 Win User
    Pepanee. I did what you recommended. The "allow opening a document in draft view" box was unchecked. Where to go from here?

wilhelm45, Jul 16, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

Hi wilhelm. You mentioned my screen name but I think you meant to type to spunk

pepanee, Jul 16, 2017
  9. wilhelm45 Win User
    Sorry Spark and Pepanee. The problem must have clouded my mind. Any more suggestions for a solution?

wilhelm45, Jul 18, 2017
  10. pepanee Win User
    • The next step I would take is to Uninstall Microsoft Word completely, then re-install it.

• Assuming that doesn't work, I would go ahead and remove Microsoft Office completely (using the complete Microsoft Office removal tool from Microsoft), then reinstall Microsoft Office again.

pepanee, Jul 18, 2017
  11. wilhelm45 Win User
    Thanks pepanee. I have never done anything that complicated like uninstalling then re-installing Word or Office. Not having that experience makes me fearful that I would screw something up and/or lose vital files. Is that a legitimate concern or am I just being a computer sissy? Are there step by step instructions somewhere that I could follow?

wilhelm45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't revise doc.x without changing title or revision - Similar Threads - Can't revise doc

2. User Unfriendly Photos Revision

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Unfriendly Photos Revision: I have Windows 10. It looks like someone revised the photo editing software. There used to be a one-click enhancement feature which was very convenient for basic improvement of a photo. Now your are presented with a whole bunch of options which makes it very time consuming to...
  3. User Unfriendly Photos Revision

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Unfriendly Photos Revision: I have Windows 10. It looks like someone revised the photo editing software. There used to be a one-click enhancement feature which was very convenient for basic improvement of a photo. Now your are presented with a whole bunch of options which makes it very time consuming to...
  4. Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Revising dual boot to add Linux Mint: System: 2 internal SATA hard drives Windows 10 Home 1909 on HD0 / Windows 7 on HD1 BIOS/MBR boot (boot order CD, HD0, USB, HD1) OS installs on dedicated partitions bootloader on HD0 (Win10) I want to install Linux Mint to HD1 to replace Windows 7. Basic steps AFAIK: create...
  5. Windows 10 Build/Revision Data in JSON

Windows 10 Build/Revision Data in JSON: Is the data at the following link available in a consumable API or feed? It would be extremely helpful to be able to house in a database the data at the below link and have it automatically be kept up to date as new builds and revisions are released. I am ultimately...
  6. REVISED - Cyan anomalies on monitor screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    REVISED - Cyan anomalies on monitor screen: In the last week I noticed a pronounced "cyan anomaly" when playing games (but also present on likes of MS Money). I attach a couple of screenshots by way of example. Not sure what they are and why? Thought it was my graphics card so replaced that (upgraded to a rather tasty...
  7. Exchange Online and revision-proof archiving

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Exchange Online and revision-proof archiving: Good morning everyone, I am happy to be part of this group and greet everyone. Good Morning all, I need your help with Exchange Online. Like paper documents, business emails must be archived for an "X" period. The topic of Exchange Online and revision-proof archiving is...
  8. Insider preview old revision upgrade to new revision

Insider preview old revision upgrade to new revision: I joined Insider preview program, and recently got a pop-up message, said my insider preview revision will be expired on 14/Dec-2018. Need to upgrade to a new Insider preview revision. But I don't know how to upgrade. Tried couple of time to upgrade from system control panel,...
  9. Payment options needs revision. Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Payment options needs revision. Please: This is what I got led to which is taking me back to the same useless topics. Pay for a past-due Microsoft subscription - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028156/microsoft-account-pay-for-a-past-due-microsoft-subscription?fref=services_help_payDueBalanceSub I...
  10. revising an existing document and saving the revisions

in Windows 10 Support
    revising an existing document and saving the revisions: Often I bring to the screen a windows 10 existing document for rereading and revision. After I've made the revisions, I click save. On my former windows system, that would save the corrections. On windows 10, this often leads to "Save as". I have to write in the title of the...