Windows 10: Can't right click on empy spaces on the start menu

Discus and support Can't right click on empy spaces on the start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since this started out as me trying to customize the start menu, I guess I'll post this here. If the mods feel another place is more appropriate,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nightwyrm, Jan 30, 2016.

1. nightwyrm Win User

Can't right click on empy spaces on the start menu

Since this started out as me trying to customize the start menu, I guess I'll post this here. If the mods feel another place is more appropriate, please move this thread there.

I've seen screen shots of people right clicking on empty spaces of the start menu to go to properties, but when I right click on start menu empty spaces, nothing happens. I can right click on the icons perfectly fine but the empty spaces do nothing for me. What's wrong and how do I fix it?

:)

nightwyrm, Jan 30, 2016

2. Left click on the start menu, right click icons from mouse doest work.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved.

If you have any queries regarding Windows, please revert back to us. We

would surely assists you anytime.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Left click on the start menu, right click icons from mouse doest work.

Hi,

As you are facing issue with right clicking/left clicking on to open few application, we would assist you for sure.

Before I proceed further;

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you facing issue with using the touchpad: If so I suggest you to provide the information regarding the make and model of the Laptop?

• If you’re using an external Mouse: I request you to provide me the make and model of the Mouse.

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

Method1: You may try to run the
    Hardware and device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on hardware and devices under
      Device.

• Click on Advanced on the hardware and devices dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator. (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method2: Uninstall and reinstall the Mice driver
    from the device manager.

• Press Windows + X and then click
      Device Manager

• Expand the Mice and other pointing Device which represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click
      Uninstall.

• On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click
      OK
      to start the uninstall process.

• When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device and
      Restart the computer.

Method 3: If that does not helps, go to the
    manufacturer website and download the driver and install the same.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query regarding windows, we would assist you happily.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 30, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Nothing is wrong with your computer.
    You are not supposed to get anything if you right click at the open spot of Start menu.

You might have misinterpreted what you saw ?

davidhk, Jan 30, 2016
  5. nightwyrm Win User
    nightwyrm, Jan 30, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    That one was published on October 6th, 2014.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't right click on empy spaces on the start menu - Similar Threads - Can't right click

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu: Hello,I have been having an issue for some time with no solution. I currently have a Razer Basilisk v3 mouse, and when I right-click on the START icon, the mouse moves a few pixels up and to the right. It will keep doing this every time I right-click until it moves itself off...
  7. Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu: Hello,I have been having an issue for some time with no solution. I currently have a Razer Basilisk v3 mouse, and when I right-click on the START icon, the mouse moves a few pixels up and to the right. It will keep doing this every time I right-click until it moves itself off...
  8. Windows 10 can't right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...