Windows 10: Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

Discus and support Can't right-click pictures on desktop... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I can right-click any kind of file that I have stored on my desktop and get the fuill contextual menu, except for picture files. Whe I try on one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goalposthead, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

Hi!
    I can right-click any kind of file that I have stored on my desktop and get the fuill contextual menu, except for picture files. Whe I try on one of these, the focus is immediately lost. Only on some very rare occasions can I get the menu to show up.
    Has anyone got an idea of what could cause this?

:)

goalposthead, Oct 15, 2015

2. Unable to change the Display Picture; Right click on desktop doesn't work

*Original Title: Desktop background

When I right click on my desktop screen, nothing happens. Why can't I change the desktop picture?

GordonGresh, Oct 15, 2015
  3. Custom desktop background missing after Windows 10 Fall creators update

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Background

Click in the Background list box

Choose Picture

Click Browse

Browse, point to the picture, click Choose picture.

If you can't find the picture.

Press Windows key + R

Type:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles

or

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\TranscodedWallpaper

Hit ENter

Check if the picture is available in those locations.

Right click it if you see it then click Set as desktop background.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 15, 2015
  4. MK89 Win User

Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

Thanks for the advice guys... I confused this problem is come from virus.. now completely solved ..and my window 10 laptop is flawlessly running on every right click ... Thanks for your Tech support..

MK89, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Can't right-click pictures on desktop...

1. Can't right-click pictures on desktop... - Similar Threads - Can't right click

2. Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappear, can't right click on desktop: Hi,I've upgrade one of our employee's computer from win 10 to win 11 last week. At first, everything worked fine but after a few days, all the taskbar icons are gone. The system tray icons still working, the taskbar line still there too, but the icons include window icon all...
  3. How to remove a picture that you can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a picture that you can't right click on desktop: There is a picture or image that is on my desktop. Can't right click, cannot select it, nothing. It bleeds through browser and program windows.Not in the "Dir /a "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop"" file either; or in desktop settings anywhere or icons files.Below is a screenshot of it...
  4. How to remove a picture that you can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a picture that you can't right click on desktop: There is a picture or image that is on my desktop. Can't right click, cannot select it, nothing. It bleeds through browser and program windows.Not in the "Dir /a "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop"" file either; or in desktop settings anywhere or icons files.Below is a screenshot of it...
  5. Can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click on desktop: Hi all,I've been pushing this problem off for awhile now but now it's just getting annoying. Everything on my computer functions properly except for when I try to right click on my desktop I.E. trying to make a new folder. As soon as I restart the computer, I have a small...
  6. Can't right click on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click on desktop: Hi all,I've been pushing this problem off for awhile now but now it's just getting annoying. Everything on my computer functions properly except for when I try to right click on my desktop I.E. trying to make a new folder. As soon as I restart the computer, I have a small...
  7. Right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on desktop: When I left- click on the desktop and click either personalize or display settings a system 32 pop-up appears for less than a second but disappears without opening display settings or personalize. I have done a scan and check disk but nothing. Thanks for any help!...
  8. right-click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  9. Unable to right click on pictures or files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to right click on pictures or files: With the latest update for Windows 10 I can no longer right click on pictures or folders. When i do I receive the spinning circle that does not stop. when I click on the desktop I receive a white screen...
  10. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701