Windows 10: Can't roll back to Wds 8.1 from wds 10 ..

Discus and support Can't roll back to Wds 8.1 from wds 10 .. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All It's not even a week when I upgraded to wds 10 .. Now It won't let me roll back .. When I fo to Recovery .. and click roll back ..START ..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RonCFL, Aug 3, 2015.

1. RonCFL Win User

Can't roll back to Wds 8.1 from wds 10 ..

Hi All
    It's not even a week when I upgraded to wds 10 ..
    Now It won't let me roll back ..
    When I fo to Recovery .. and click roll back ..START .. It keeps showing wds can not find the files to go back even if WINDOW OLD still in drive C "main" drive ..

Can't roll back to Wds 8.1 from wds 10 .. [​IMG]

The only way to roll back is to restore factory settings ..

Any helps ..appreciated ..

Thanks

:)

RonCFL, Aug 3, 2015

2. Unable to connect to NAS with Windows 10...? Annoying and Frustrating as he** is being polite...

Thanks JB. I have recently (within last month and half) manually updated to the current WD firmware and all the new software.

I believe the issue is elsewhere. My two machines (one 8.1 and one 10) can't see each other on the network. Both machines see all the other hardware. The 8.1 machine still sees the WD in windows explorer. I can map WD shares on the windows ten machine
    and access through WD app.

LorenCarlson, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Security Essentials Windows Defender error 0x80070002 after upgrading to Windows 10

win 7 upgraded to win 10. NIS. Having constant install errors 0x80070643, KB 2267602, and backing out install.

so:

disabled 'auto protect' and 'smart firewall' on NIS. restart. GP to "enable" 'turn off Windows Defender', restart

can't turn on WD.

GP to "disable" 'turn off Windows Defender", restart, can't start WD - Sys can't find file specified error 0x80070002.

looked in 'programs and features': no WD program, but have "windows Live Essentials"....is this the same as Security Essentials?

I can't turn on WD as suggested in forums to update and cure problem....SOME HELP PLS

Doug

DouglasShaw, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

This is when you realize how important doing an image backup before upgrading is *Sad

How big is the Windows.old folder? Maybe things have been deleted from it?

You could download a Windows 8.1 ISO and use it to create a flash drive or DVD to install 8.1 from, especially if the recovery doesn't work. Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. RonCFL Win User
    I count too much on what MS said " 30 days " .. " Dawn you MS " ..
    I can go back to wds 8.1 any time , just that it will take me long time to install all the programs and settings the way i like ..

RonCFL, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  7. RonCFL Win User
    I don't think it will work with 10 ,
    It's so ok ..I will stick around with wds 10 for awhile ... and pick a weekend to reinstall 8.1 ..

Thank you for your help

RonCFL, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Wouldn't hurt to try it since you are going to clean install 8 anyway. Would be nice to know if it does work, could help others in a similar situation.

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  9. RonCFL Win User
    Definately ..I will try that first ..
    Thanks .

RonCFL, Aug 3, 2015
  10. Whatphoeb Win User
    The following conditions may cause the computer can't rollback from windows 10 to windows 8.1:
    Create a new account
    Remove the $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS folders required by the system to perform the rollback operation.
    tried other reduction / restore factory settings function
    Remove the verification file installation
    after a month of upgrading to Windows 10
    See Windows 10 -- : windows
    His Windows.old still there, check if it is the same reason:
    Found the reason why it happened - The answer is most likely because I used the media creation tool to download a second copy and make a bootable USB. However that second copy apparently replaces the original windows upgrade folder (~BT).
    How can I go back to windows 8.1 from Windows 10 TP build 9926 - Microsoft Community

Whatphoeb, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't roll back to Wds 8.1 from wds 10 .. - Similar Threads - Can't roll Wds

2. WDS server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  3. WDS server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WDS server: Hi teamI have WDS server. And i captured customizing windows 10 and it is working well with the laptops. Now i need to upgrade the captured image with Win11 but I can't take windows capture with sysprep. Is there any solution for Win 11 ? or if there are any other solutions...
  4. WDS server

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MDT and wds problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT and wds problem: Hi, is have a problem with deploying windows 10 LTSC 1809 I installed a windows ltsc 1809 and customized it in audit mode with answer file copyprofile=true and run litetouch.vbs in deployment share and captured it. But my problem is: after deploying the image on new machine...
  6. Set up WDS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Set up WDS: How to set up WDS on Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-wds/42c3b2a2-94ff-4f32-894f-35adc8b99d53
  7. WDS activation ...?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WDS activation ...?: Hi All. After the last update a week ago , now I have a message asking me to activate windows .. My windows 8.1 came with the HP laptop and upgraded to 10 about a year ago .. What is the problem ..? how do I fix this ..? Thanks . [img] [img] 87128
  8. 2 Wds Olds...?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 Wds Olds...?: Hi All. I reset my Lap top twice and now I have 2 wds old files ... I ran Disk clean up but did not see them . How do I delete ..? Thanks [img] PS: I think I post in the wrong place ... Admim.. Pleas move it if you want...Thanks. 100483
  9. WDS 10 upgrade

WDS 10 upgrade: Hello all I have an Acer laptop with wds 7 home and want to upgrade by using usb media . It went trough first part after looking for updates and stuck with this : "Making sure you are ready to install" for all night ..? [img] Please help . Thanks 106170
  10. Rolled back to wds 8.1 ...!

Rolled back to wds 8.1 ...!: Hi All . I have rolled back to my "Snappy" wds 8.1 --- and yet I'd made a copy of wds10 and Imaged it .."In case" .. ..and it shows in C drive a "windows" folder ." Just like when you upgrade to w10 ..with windows old folder" Can I delete it ...? [img] Thanks .. 14181