Windows 10: Can't run any .exe after upgrade

Discus and support Can't run any .exe after upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error: [img] I don't know what to do. 14041 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vitavita, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Vitavita Win User

Can't run any .exe after upgrade

I just upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and everytime I try to run a .exe I get this error:
    Can't run any .exe after upgrade [​IMG]

I don't know what to do.

:)

Vitavita, Aug 7, 2015

2. Windows 10 error "file system error (-1073741819)" can't run any .exe files

I keep getting this file system error (-1073741819)" error after upgrading Win7 to Win10, can't run any .exe files or even run them as admin, so I can't doing anything with CMD prompt either,

anybody know what to here?

JohnathonNguyen, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Cannot run any exe file after setting registry default value=exefile

Wow, that sounds like woodoo! I 'll look into it. Thanks.

NicoBellisario, Aug 7, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi Vitavita and welcome to TenForums.

Try creating a new user account (administrative). See if you can run any *.exe files from the new account.

If that doesn't work, have a read of this thread. There are some people with similar problems, and some possible solutions. See especially posts #5 & 12, but I would try creating a new user account first.

https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...3741819-a.html

simrick, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Vitavita Win User
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    Despite your recommendation, I changed the soundscheme to standard first and it worked!
    Thus far I haven't ran into other problems. Thank you very much! *Smile

Vitavita, Aug 7, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    *Thumbs Excellent news! If you feel your issue is resolved, please mark the thread "solved" at the top, so others will know this is a resolution, when they search for the same problem. Thanks!

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run any .exe after upgrade - Similar Threads - Can't run exe

2. I can't run any exe fileThe file directory is corrupted and unreadable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't run any exe fileThe file directory is corrupted and unreadable.: [ATTACH] When executing exe files I get this error: The file directory is corrupt and unreadable. I scanned drive c but the problem was not resolved....
  3. can't run .exe files in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  4. I Can't open any .exe program

I Can't open any .exe program: I had a virus called Win32/Neshta from my friend's USB, after using AVG Win32/Neshta remover it worked, but the effect is still going every time i open an .exe application, Windows shows "Open the file with.." and this is only for .exe files apparently i tried using the...
  5. Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe file will not run - can't find a way to get it to run: I am trying to run a .exe file for some software but it gets blocked. I can not find a way to get it to run. I have tried as Administrator, there is also no tick box under file/properties to 'unblock' the file. I added an inbound and outbound rule to my Windows Defender to...
  6. Cannot run any exe files

Cannot run any exe files: Today I found that I cannot run any exe files, including cmd, regedit, task manager, chrome, whatever (but I can open chrome by html document, or similarly adobe reader by pdf). I installed a 7zip yesterday, don't know if that caused the problem but anyway I cannot uninstall...
  7. I can't run .exe files.

I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  8. Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open .exe files (all .exe files) in any USB: Yup, you read that right. I really hate this since I need to install Windows (32-bit) via a thumb drive. Executive files inside the original hard drive does not affect this. All of the .exe files don't work (other type of files still work). But I can still access...
  9. Can't run any .exe files due to a system error

Can't run any .exe files due to a system error: Anytime I try to run a program like Steam.exe I get a "The Code Execution cannot proceed because C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Kernel.appcore.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. The issue is nothing works. I tried a SFC Scan and it identifies a corrupt...
  10. Can't run .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run .exe: An update to AVG was performed on our computer. After that ran, when we try to open any program we receive the message: xxxx.exe- Application error the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000135). Click OK to close the application. This occurs for any...