Windows 10: Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703

Discus and support Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; when i rightclick on any program an choose "run as administrator" nothing happens. my account is a local one and it says administrator. i have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Octopolus, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Octopolus Win User

Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703

when i rightclick on any program an choose "run as administrator" nothing happens.

my account is a local one and it says administrator.

i have tried following without success:

1: created a new admin account
    2. right-click on a prog and choose properties-compatibility-run this program in compatibility mode for - and picked windows 7(win10 is not available), standard is win 8

i hope you can help me to fix this couse otherwise i have to go back to win10 1511 *Sad

:)

Octopolus, Nov 11, 2017
  2. ChiefZeke Win User

Some programs demanding to be run as administrator when I am an administrator

Also, for your information - it is possible to log on as User/Admin - which you did -but also as Admin/Admin - which makes that person the system Administrator rather than a User Administrator.

ChiefZeke, Nov 11, 2017
  3. Some programs demanding to be run as administrator when I am an administrator

In Windows 7, I am logged in as "USER, ADMINISTRATOR"

However, on some programs when I try to run them I get the message

"please log in with administrator privileges and try again"

Question, How do I log in with "Administrator Privileges" if I am already

logged on as a "USER ADMINISTRATOR" ?

Confused

Moved from Insider

Original title: Administrator

Robert Epp, Nov 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
  5. Octopolus Win User
    Octopolus, Nov 11, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    2nd link:
    If you have UAC set to "Never notify" or disabled and are signed in to a standard user account, then this would be normal. UAC will need to be enabled to be able for a standard user to be able to enter an administrator password in a UAC prompt.

Is UAC off completely?

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
  7. Octopolus Win User
    1.im not a standard user, i am admin
    2.where do i see if uac is off?

Octopolus, Nov 11, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703 [​IMG]

Or via Control Panel, users.

However, on further consideration, I don't think that's it, sorry.

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
  9. Octopolus Win User
    yeah me neither, but here is how it looks anyway

Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703 [​IMG]

Octopolus, Nov 11, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Ok, a range of clues here:
    windows 7 - Using “Run as Administrator” does nothing at all - Super User

It's an older thread, but suggests various possibilities.
    In particular, try using e.g. Shellexview or Shellmenu (free) to selectively disable items in your right click menu. (Make sure you hide MS items). No logoff required.
    This has been reported as finding a resolution by various people.

You can also try checking whether it's something related to your user profile by creating a new user for test purposes and checking when logged in as that user.

If the same thing happens, it's likely to be Windows related, if not, it's user profile related, or a configuration problem common to both.

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
  11. Octopolus Win User
    i tried the first and second sollutions without any luck.
    i dont see anyhting about Shellexview or Shellmenu ​in the link

Octopolus, Nov 11, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    They are tools which conveniently allow you to disable context menu entries. Google will help (see my signature)

dalchina, Nov 12, 2017
  13. Octopolus Win User

this is too advanced and takes too much time. i'l think i just roll back.
    thanks anyway

Octopolus, Nov 12, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    If you do roll back, firstly I think updates for 1511 have ended, secondly, unless you disable Windows updates altogether, or have Win 10 Pro and can defer updates (for a while) you will get the upgrade again.

Using those tools to selectively disable context menu entries to identify which one is causing a problem is quite common, safe and useful.

Unfortunately Windows in my view isn't a true consumer product, and years ago I determined to have enough tools to hand to deal with common problems I might encounter.

Of course, you could simply opt to pay someone to sort out the problem, or swap to Apple...!

dalchina, Nov 12, 2017
  15. Octopolus Win User
    i have the pro version of windows.

but i dont understand how to use that program you are talking about and what it actually does.
    is it hard? i have spended so much time on my windows lately so im really sick of it. it shouldnt be so hard, the windows update should take care of this i think. i dont understand why it couses this problem every time im upgrading

Octopolus, Nov 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Cant run any programs as administrator - After update to 1703 - Similar Threads - Cant run programs

2. Any programs are not running even command prompt getting error in run as administration...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any programs are not running even command prompt getting error in run as administration...: I m trying to open command prompt in run as administration but its showing 0xc0000142 error. I am not able to open any softwares nor any programm. Pls help me to solve this....
  3. I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow": i am the admin on my pc, when i go on my profile it says so, but i cant run anything as admin nor do some apps such as task manager open, a pop up appears saying "C:\winows\ststem32\taskmgr.exeWinows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  4. I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow": i am the admin on my pc, when i go on my profile it says so, but i cant run anything as admin nor do some apps such as task manager open, a pop up appears saying "C:\winows\ststem32\taskmgr.exeWinows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  5. I cant run any programs as administrator, and i cant do "sfc / scannow"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. cant open program as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant open program as administrator: I am trying to run Command And Conquer Generals on win 10. I am the only user and have admin priviledges but when try to open im told to log in as administrator. I checked and I am only user and am administrator. Any sugestions?...
  7. Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs always run as administrator without checking "Run this program as an administrator": Hello as the title says random things have an administrator icon shield thing and when I open it, it says Do you want to allow this program, etc normal run as administrator stuff and when I go in properties then compatibility I don't have checked "Run this program as an...
  8. Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run any system programs withnout administrator privileges: Hello, i have a problem with system programs. When i try to run any system program, nothing happens unless i run it as an administrator. So when i try to run task manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc, nothing happens. This usually happens after i install/repair some program, and i...
  9. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator?: Photoshop CS6 on my Windows 10 keeps on asking for Administrator privileges every time I try to run it, so I can't use my drawing tablet on it without having to run it as administrator as well. Is there any way to stop a program from asking to run as administrator? Any help...
  10. Cant update to 1703 from 1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant update to 1703 from 1607: I got a popup saying the next windows is here & click to set up & never came for over a month now. I herd 1703 had fixed for the nvidia nvstor.sys blue screen fixes. How can you force this upgrade through windows updates? My other systems worked. 89268