Windows 10: Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10

Discus and support Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't run any application as admin. I have read on some sites that after pressing right click and select Run as admin Y should be prompted with a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cooervo, Aug 5, 2016.

1. cooervo Win User

Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10

I can't run any application as admin.
    I have read on some sites that after pressing right click and select Run as admin Y should be prompted with a selection to run as admin, but instead in ALL my apps I just get a dialog with no selection available:

Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10 [​IMG]

It says to continue enter an admin username and password but there's no field for input.

:)

cooervo, Aug 5, 2016
  2. Faust151 Win User

Windows updates admin rights required???

We have several users running Windows 10 on Surface Pro 4. They are on a domain and do not have local admin rights. Only one of them has this issue. Windows updates prompts him for admin rights to install updates. I can't find anything similar online.
    How do we fix this?

Faust151, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Administrator password Lost (hacked?), stuck in safe mode, boots up ok with normal user but can't do anything because it wants Admin password.

Windows 10 Administrator password Lost (hacked?), stuck in safe mode, boots up ok with normal user but can't do anything because it wants Admin password.

Gary Knaus, Aug 5, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Aug 5, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello cooervo, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have UAC set to "Never notify" or disabled and are signed in to a standard user account, then this would be normal. UAC will need to be enabled to be able for a standard user to be able to enter an administrator password in a UAC prompt.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 5, 2016
  6. NIK30 Win User
    Hello guys!
    I have the same problem.. When i tryed to change UAC to an account administrator I receiver the same Verified..

and I tryed ''the solution'' with command prompt to activate the user administrator (net user administrator /active:yes) but it doesn't work
    I receivedI receivedI I receivedI receivedI receivedI received

NIK30, Dec 22, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    @cooervo and @NIK30, welcome to TenForums!

The behaviour of UAC is to offer 'Yes' if you are an administrator and to offer 'Yes' with the name of another administrator account if you are not. If there are several admin accounts available then you can choose which one to use. The only time it doesn't offer 'Yes' is when there are NO administrator accounts to use.

There is nothing to stop you changing your account from an admin to a standard user, unfortunately there's no warning given if you are the last remaining admin for the PC. The usual reason given by users who change their own account from admin to a standard user is that they think it is somehow safer, not realising that they need at least one admin account to be able to use the PC effectively.

The only way I know to fix this is to enable the built-in Administrator account and use that to make your user account an admin again. Better still, create a second admin user so you never end up with only one available. See Option Four in this Tutorial.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option4

8. NIK30 Win User

Ok.. I'll try your solution, thank you for your fast respond. I'll come back.

NIK30, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run anything as admin user on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't run anything

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program I also cannot run any new downloads. I also can not factory reboot my pc....
  5. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  6. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  7. Can't run anything as admin anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run anything as admin anymore: [ATTACH] Help! Whenever I try to run something as an admin, the UAC pops up but there's no field to enter the admin password so it doesn't work. I can't even turn UAC on because I get a popup but same problem... Any idea? Build: 19042.870...
  8. Can't run almost anything as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run almost anything as admin: submitted by /u/moob9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/do6b4l/cant_run_almost_anything_as_admin/
  9. Can't run anything that requires admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything that requires admin: I can't run anything that requires admin. When I try to it doesn't do anything [ATTACH] Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-that-requires-admin/2e5a6270-5fc0-4657-ae99-f57e1b9d4095
  10. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can trun as administrator because windows hello

2. to continue enter a admin user name & password...where?

3. run anything in windows

4. i cant run anything as a admin,
  5. windows 10 admin cant run as admin,
  6. i cant run anything that requires admin win 10,
  7. windows 10 cant run anything as admin