Windows 10: Can't run anything as admin

Discus and support Can't run anything as admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikka23, Aug 7, 2015.

1. mikka23 Win User

Can't run anything as admin

I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator.

I just receive File system error (-1073741819)

The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run this in safe mode (could not fix corrupt files message)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

mikka23, Aug 7, 2015

2. Can't run as admin

Hi Nate,

To create a new user account, we will need to have administrator privileges. In this situation, we will need to enable the built-in administrator account on your Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps given below:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and then right-click on Command
      Prompt
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line: net user administrator /active:yes.
    • You should see a message that the command was successfully applied. Log out on the account that you are in, and you’ll now see the
      Administrator account as a choice in the log in screen.
    • Access the Administrator account and create a new administrator account.
      Note that there is no password for this account.

Please take a note that we have enabled the built-in admin for troubleshooting purposes only. That being said, we suggest that you perform the same steps above and this time change the command line from
    yes to no.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those are facing the same problem.

Janeane Cru, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Can't run as admin

Hi.. I recently had the problem "critical error your start menu isn't working" and one work around I saw was to create another admin user account. Unfortunately, I had changed my current admin account to standard and failed to create another admin before
    restarting. Now I am stuck with this local standard account and can't create a new admin account. I can run netplwiz as admin and there is no add user option available in settings>users . i am frustrated that this snowballed from the start menu issue.. please
    help. how do i fix this without having to fully reinstall?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings ]

Nate Acenas, Aug 7, 2015
  4. khamseen Win User

I had the same issue, found a solution on another site which is very random but works.
    Right click your volume control (bottom right) and select 'Sounds'. Set your sound scheme to 'no sounds'. You can then go to your user account profile and disable UAC. After that, you can set your sound scheme back to whatever it was you had before.

Don't ask me why UAC is causing this issue, it's supposed to prevent problems, but every since it's introduction it's caused more than it's solved.
    And again, don't ask why you have to disable your sound scheme to disable UAC... that is beyond a mystery.

khamseen, Aug 8, 2015
  5. mikka23 Win User
    Thanks, that worked for me as well. A very bizarre solution!

mikka23, Aug 8, 2015
  6. khamseen Win User
    Glad it worked for you too. *Smile
    I spent ages trying to figure that one out, it looks like any programs set to 'run as administrator' were causing the error.

khamseen, Aug 8, 2015
  7. hiphopper Win User
    Just guessing mind you but it sounds like the wav file associated with the admin prompt is missing.

hiphopper, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Can't run anything as admin

I'm having a similar problem. I recently upgraded my system's motherboard and now I cannot run or install any program that needs an admin access, even though my account is set up as an admin, and all the setting indicate that my account is set up as admin.

DaiKaijuJedi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run anything as admin - Similar Threads - Can't run anything

2. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  3. Can't "run as admin" for anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't "run as admin" for anything: It all started with a memory issue. I replaced the ram and that fixed my first problem. Now whenever I try to open anything as admin I get "One or more copies of data on this device may be out of sync. No writes may be performed until data integrity scan is completed."Things...
  4. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program I also cannot run any new downloads. I also can not factory reboot my pc....
  5. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  6. Can't run anything with ADMIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run anything with ADMIN: My pc either error codes me like the screenshot or just freezes and crashes the program https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-with-admin/34f2efa2-990c-4b98-8d15-b887ac05daf2
  7. Can't run anything as admin anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run anything as admin anymore: [ATTACH] Help! Whenever I try to run something as an admin, the UAC pops up but there's no field to enter the admin password so it doesn't work. I can't even turn UAC on because I get a popup but same problem... Any idea? Build: 19042.870...
  8. Can't run almost anything as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't run almost anything as admin: submitted by /u/moob9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/do6b4l/cant_run_almost_anything_as_admin/
  9. Can't run anything that requires admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything that requires admin: I can't run anything that requires admin. When I try to it doesn't do anything [ATTACH] Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-that-requires-admin/2e5a6270-5fc0-4657-ae99-f57e1b9d4095
  10. Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Window Ten Can't Run Anything in Admin: I can't run any application as admin. I get this message for anything I try. [img] I can't access the user account controls to change it because the same message pops up. I tried option four in this thread as suggested in another post User Accounts Enable or Disable...