Windows 10: Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

Discus and support Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't know. AshCmd.exe has no user interface; if you run it it will open cmd.exe and display help. Similarly, running from within cmd shows help. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, Feb 27, 2018.

1. tcebob Win User

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

Don't know. AshCmd.exe has no user interface; if you run it it will open cmd.exe and display help. Similarly, running from within cmd shows help. You have to specify arguments. It probably doesn't come with Avast free.

I've tried running some scheduled tasks installed by programs. Same results: TS says "Running" but nothing happens and I have to terminate them manually. So something is weird about TM.

I have System Scheduler, an alternative to TM and it runs ashCmd just fine. But it is unable to wake the computer.

tcebob, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

1. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd - Similar Threads - Can't run command

2. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  3. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  4. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell: Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo :...
  5. Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run almost any commands in cmd/powershell: Basically, adb : The term 'adb' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again. At line:1 char:1 + adb + ~~~ + CategoryInfo :...
  6. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  7. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell can't run appx commands: So a few windows processes are hogging up all my memory and cpu such as the gaming services which I never use I do play Minecraft java But I doubt it uses gaming services. So I wanted to get rid of those. I tried running some appx commands which were given on the forum And...
  8. Powershell can't run appx commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Powershell with CMD/c to run external command with Parameters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell with CMD/c to run external command with Parameters: Greeting, I have an old command line application call Commandline.exe. it run with a parameter to check then show the result. but it need extra "Enter" to confirm like: commandline.exe -s 4567890 So I preparing the an answer file which is on an "Enter" crlf...
  10. Cannot run linux command directly from cmd/powershell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot run linux command directly from cmd/powershell: Recently, I upgraded my windows to 2004 from 1909. I notice that I cannot run command like "xxx grep xx" from command line anymore. Initially I thought that is because I have WSL2 Ubuntu distro now, but converting Ubuntu to WSL1 didn't help the problem. On Win10 2004:...