Windows 10: can't run Display color calibration

Discus and support can't run Display color calibration in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, All my efforts to run monitor calibration using windows10 color management method failed. All I get is the attached error windows stating:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chermesh, Apr 4, 2017.

1. chermesh Win User

can't run Display color calibration

Hi,
    All my efforts to run monitor calibration using windows10 color management method failed. All I get is the attached error windows stating: "Display color calibration can't calibrate the selected display because the display is "mirrored"

How do cancel this mirroring effect or' alternatively' how do I enable calibration?

:)

chermesh, Apr 4, 2017
  2. Valley. Win User

Display Color Calibration

Hi again, Jelo San,

Thank you for trying to help me with the calibration problem.

First I did the Color Management part, and could not select the "Set as default profile" because that was greyed. I rebooted and tried to calibrate the screen and got the following message:

"Display Color Calibration can't turn off Windows calibration management. Element not found".

Then, I tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting. Got following message:

Display Color Calibration can't save the new calibration. Close other programs that are open, and then try again.

Element not found.

There were no other programs open...

At this point I am about to give up.

Thanks again for your help.

Valerie

Valley., Apr 4, 2017
  3. lost red color on my computer monitor

Hi Yanjun,

Color calibration is something the operating system can't accurately do automatically. To make sure that your monitor is set to display the most accurate colors, you may use the built-in Display Color Calibration utility. Here's how:

• Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Scroll down to the very bottom, then click Display adapter properties.
    • Select the Color Management tab, then click Color Management (...).
    • Select the Advanced tab then click Calibrate display.
    • This will start the Display Color Calibration wizard. If you are new to calibrating your monitor’s color, click the
      How do I calibrate my display? link for more information.
    • Click Next to begin adjustment.
    • The wizard will now walk you through the steps to access the on-screen display menu on your monitor to set specific color settings.

Remember that changes made through the display menu will be kept even if you click
    Cancel. However, if you're not happy with the new settings, you can revert the changes manually, or reset your display to the default settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Apr 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Your System Specs don't contain much information so the question would be, Do you have 2 or more monitors connected to the computer?

Berton, Apr 4, 2017
  5. chermesh Win User
    Hi,
    My computer is connect to a pc monitor and to a smart tv.

chermesh, Apr 4, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Try the process again but with the TV disconnected. Adjustments sometimes only work with the default hardware setup.

Berton, Apr 5, 2017
  7. chermesh Win User
    Thanks Berton. You're right. My problem stemmed for the multiple screen choice.

chermesh, Apr 5, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

You're welcome. Things seem to go better when locating when a problem happens and what occurred at the time.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can't run Display color calibration - Similar Threads - can't run Display

2. Color calibration not working - wacky display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color calibration not working - wacky display: Hi everyone,I'm one very confused not quite knowledgeable person, so I'll try my best to explain my wacky situation.I've noticed my laptop monitor isn't displaying colors as other devices - I do photo and video editing not professionally, and imagine my surprise when I think...
  3. Color calibration not working - wacky display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Color calibration not working - wacky display: Hi everyone,I'm one very confused not quite knowledgeable person, so I'll try my best to explain my wacky situation.I've noticed my laptop monitor isn't displaying colors as other devices - I do photo and video editing not professionally, and imagine my surprise when I think...
  4. Color calibration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Color calibration: Is there an easy way to switch between 2 color calibration settings quickly? submitted by /u/AndresVaccari2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln067o/color_calibration/
  5. DIsplay Color Calibration revert

in Windows 10 Customization
    DIsplay Color Calibration revert: I used the Display Color Calibration and i was just playing around with it, now my screen looks really bad and was wondering if I'm able to revert the things it did to my Display. Anything helps!...
  6. Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with Display Color Calibration settings, after calibrating the color accuracy of my...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XxBryanO [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1pgth/issues_with_display_color_calibration_settings/
  7. calibrate display color

calibrate display color: How to calibrate display color in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calibrate-display-color/ab4374c3-dfe7-48f3-977f-a46baf4d6f07
  8. Color Calibration

Color Calibration: I've got an MSI Laptop MSI GL63 9RCX. My laptop's display colors are not as expected. Black color on my display looks more of a dark grey. I've calibrated several times but this is not making any difference. Can someone help me in that?...
  9. Calibrate display color

Calibrate display color: in the Calibrate display color , before that there was the option to set the gamma, but now the option is gone, including the gamma option on the nvidia control panel, it makes the Nvidia control panel Crash, I try to contact Nvidia but there is no option to send email, I...
  10. Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10: How to: Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10 How to Calibrate Display Color in Windows 10 Windows comes with the Display Color Calibration wizard tool. You can improve the color on your display by using Display Color Calibration to make sure that colors appear...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant calibrate display windows 7.mirrored

2. calibrate display windows 7 mirrored

3. i cant use color calibration because it cant determn if the display is mirrored

4. cant calibrate a screen that is mirrored,
  5. the specified color profile is invalid cannot calibrate,
  6. display color calibration cant save the new calibration the specified color profile is invalid ,
  7. display color calibration cant calibrate the selected display because it cant determine if the display is mirrored