Windows 10: can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

Discus and support can't run install file ' these files can't be opened' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; getting error message when trying to run an .exe file these files can't be opened... your internet net security settings prevented one or more... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 20, 2015.

1. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

getting error message when trying to run an .exe file

these files can't be opened...

your internet net security settings prevented one or more files being opened ..

i turned off off windows defender thinking this to be the culprit ( using ten forum registry script )

can anyone suggest what I can do

thanks

ps I moved the .exe file to my C drive and it ran and installed ok.....can't think why this should be

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 20, 2015

2. Can't open Realtek Card Reader program for some reason

I downloaded and installed the program Realtek Card Reader for my laptop but i can't seem to open the program. When i run the setup file a program file isn't being created on the same map, but it is created in Program Files but i can't open it from there,
    nothing happens when i try to run it. I tried to uninstall it and install it again but it's the same. What is the problem?

The Rip Greamer, Aug 20, 2015
  3. simon222 Win User
    CAN'T OPEN EXE FILES OR DIFFRENT SETTINGS IN WINDOWS!

So my problem is that i can't open exe files or diffrent settings in Windows,it will come With a error stating that my exe file is damaged or that Windows can't open this beacuse it dose not have the program to do.Here is the message for the settingsi can't
    open( This file does not have an associated program for performing this action. Install a program, or create a association in the Control Panel for setting associations if a program is already installed)

and here for the programs am trying to open (The file or folder is corrupted and cannot be read) but sometimes i can open them by using run as adminstrator.

simon222, Aug 20, 2015
  4. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

Bump could someone please help me.....thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 24, 2015
  5. reddwarf4ever, Aug 25, 2015
  6. Is it the Windows SmartScreen that's blocking it?

garydexter, Aug 25, 2015
  7. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

not sure, what is smart screen ? and how can I change it ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Aug 25, 2015
  8. Or this might work:

Method 1: Reset Internet Explorer security zone settings to their default level

To reset Internet Explorer security zone settings to their default level, follow these steps:
    • Start Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools, and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click Reset all zones to default level, and then click OK.

garydexter, Aug 25, 2015
  9. hi did that already....

reddwarf4ever, Aug 25, 2015
  10. YOU
    You Win User
    How about resetting all of the settings?

(Credit to garydexter for the first portion of these steps)

• Start Internet Explorer.
    • Click Tools, and then click Internet options.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Click the Reset button.

11. thanks, did that, made no difference even tried putting all settings to minimum security.....when I moved the file from the external HD to my c drive it worked, can't think why...

reddwarf4ever, Aug 29, 2015
  12. YOU
    You Win User

can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

How about this?

Go to Control Panel\Programs\Turn Windows features on or off. Uncheck Internet Explorer 11, click OK, reboot, go back to Turn Windows features on or off, re-check Internet Explorer 11, click OK, and reboot again.

13. thanks will try

reddwarf4ever, Aug 30, 2015
  14. Download this, right click on it and run as admin.

TairikuOkami, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

can't run install file ' these files can't be opened'

1. can't run install file ' these files can't be opened' - Similar Threads - can't run install

2. Can't run .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run .bat files: I haven't run a .bat file in quite a while, so perhaps I unknowingly did something along the was that prompted this problem. I was trying to run Brinks "Reset_Notification_Area_Icons_Cache.bat", but instead the file opens in my text editor. I disassociated .bat in that text...
  3. Can't run .application file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't run .application file.: I'm trying to run a .application file from shipstation.com. EVerytime i do it claims the administrator has blocked the app because it potentially poses a security risk. I have tried unblocking it, tried running it from an Admin CMD prompt, tried installing it in safe mode...
  4. Windows Installer can't open file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Installer can't open file: Windows installer is unable to open .appx file and says cant open file[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installer-cant-open-file/ef4ab1d3-0ad3-4ff8-a00e-b0fc8b61142e
  5. Can't open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open files: I am having trouble opening any pdf or Microsoft files word, excel, powerpoint, etc. on my computer. I keep getting the a message that window cannot find the file. But if it's a video or photo or an internet app, it opens and works just fine. I've shutdown the computer...
  6. Can't open file

Can't open file: I have a file that I opened yesterday and worked on. Today I can't open it. When I try through Word, I get the message Word cannot open the file because the file format does not match the file extension. The file is saved as a .docx file. I've tried opening it as a .doc file...
  7. Can't open file

Can't open file: I made a video when i was on Windows 7, now i am on Windows 10 but i cannot open or play that video due to .VOB on it. How can i get rid of VOB and what can i use to open and play my home video?...
  8. Can't open a file

Can't open a file: Hello! My problem is that the file does not open gives an error. What i need to do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-file/0c308b2e-25e2-4b61-ac45-f465ea07a26b"
  9. Can't run msi Files

Can't run msi Files: I Can't install msi Files. When i try to open it its says this: [ATTACH] This happens only on .msi files. Anyone can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-msi-files/92305532-8d02-4c81-8f23-d9feb3209260"
  10. Can't Run .Bat Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Run .Bat Files: I try to run .bat files and the just run in note pad. There is no "open with" option. 48199

Users found this page by searching for:

1. registry Your internet security settings prevented one or more files from being opened