Windows 10: Can't run original Tetris on Win10

Discus and support Can't run original Tetris on Win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It ran fine in WinXP (can't remember whether I used any compatibility mode), now I can't run it even in compatibility mode (Win95 nor XP). I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alfred001, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Can't run original Tetris on Win10

It ran fine in WinXP (can't remember whether I used any compatibility mode), now I can't run it even in compatibility mode (Win95 nor XP). I tried compatibility troubleshooter, no joy. Can anything be done?

:)

Alfred001, Feb 10, 2017

2. Preinstalled games on E71

Hi shannie

Looking at a E71 running v400.21.013 as you say there is an empty "Games" folder now but can't remember whether Tetris & Tiger Woods were then when first acquired.

scoobyman---01, Feb 10, 2017
  3. DVScott Win User
    Windows 10/Card Games

The problem appears to apply to most of the old games that ran on Windows XP. These include card games such as the original Solitair (sol.exe), MS Hearts, Freecell, Tripeaks etc as well as other games such as Wordzap, Reversi and Tetris. Many of these
    games required the use of dll files such as "cards" and "weputil" to run, but I don't see why this should not be possible under Windows 10.

When you click the exe files for these games, you get the message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

I appreciate that more modern versions of many of these exist, but the game play and visuals do not mirror the original versions.

DVScott, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Was that a 32-bit XP? and is your Windows 10 64-bit? If so, I'm afraid your Tetris is most likely 16-bit app. A 32-bit OS can run 16/32 bit apps, but a 64-bit OS can only run 32/64 bit apps.

A virtual machine or DosBox may be the only way...

5. Alfred001 Win User
    Yup, the XP was 32 bit. Darn it!

Alfred001, Feb 21, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    Try the Tetris from Crystal Office works well in Win10 and looks pretty much like the original as far as I can remember. I use it when having a break from the Simulator I'm creating stuff for and am suffering brain ache ;o)

The best Tetris game ever!

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't run original Tetris on Win10 - Similar Threads - Can't run original

2. Reactivating original Win10 Home Code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating original Win10 Home Code: I screwed up. I read online that you could 'upgrade' Windows versions from Home to Pro by using a Win7 code for the desired version.I have a HP Spectre laptop with Win 10 Home. I tried to use a Win 7 Pro key, didn't work, then a Win 7 Enterprise key - had both valid keys from...
  3. Reactivating original Win10 Home Code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivating original Win10 Home Code: I screwed up. I read online that you could 'upgrade' Windows versions from Home to Pro by using a Win7 code for the desired version.I have a HP Spectre laptop with Win 10 Home. I tried to use a Win 7 Pro key, didn't work, then a Win 7 Enterprise key - had both valid keys from...
  4. Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't edit windowsapps, specifically Tetris Effect Connected: Did update 20H2 make the windowsapps folder even more walled than before? No matter what tips from 2017 I try, I just simply cannot copy or edit any executables or files within the folder for Tetris Effect Connected (what I'm trying to do is point "dxcpl" at it so I can try...
  5. Can't download Tetris Effect off the Microsoft Store.

Can't download Tetris Effect off the Microsoft Store.: I bought Tetris Effect off the Microsoft Store on Windows 10 a few hours ago, and it wont even let me download the f"ing game. I keep getting the error code 0x800704C6 and I tried resetting the store and doing general recommended fixes and I can't download it still. I hope I...
  6. Can't install Origin

Can't install Origin: So.. I can't install Origin because of error (0x000007b) And i don't know what to do? Help would be really nice. submitted by /u/Janna911 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnwu2t/cant_install_origin/
  7. win10 run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 run: I have Acer Aspire 5542G-323G 32 Mn. Can I run win 10 on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-run/40f50351-85c6-4f1e-8828-f5c2c5941cb4
  8. Trying to Load and Play Tetris

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to Load and Play Tetris: I'm getting a error message that says "Direct3D DX7 renderer" not there. I'm using Windows Home 10 and looking at what DirectX my machine is using is Direct12. This is beyond me. I just want to play the games and haven't a clue where to start when it will not install. Got any...
  9. Help changing style to original win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help changing style to original win10: How do I change this style (my pc link) to the regular windows 10 style (original link)? I couldn't find anything and did not know how else to search for answers. The one on my pc= Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing Video Hosting...
  10. Win10 screensaver- origin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 screensaver- origin?: I'm looking at a Windows-supplied screen image of a grey rockface, with two climbers dwarfed by the scale. I'd really like to know the climb/mountain/ whereabouts..... Google Images can't help. 85043