Windows 10: Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu

Discus and support Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [img] [img] After the 1709 update, i notice that i cannot do the above. anybody else experience this? It worked fine tho on my 1709 laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by imeem, Oct 23, 2017.

1. imeem Win User

Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu

Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu [​IMG]

Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu [​IMG]

After the 1709 update, i notice that i cannot do the above. anybody else experience this? It worked fine tho on my 1709 laptop. I tried running sfc /scannow , Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth , and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth to see if there were any corruptions. but nope.

Running as admin works if i place the program on my desktop and right click from there.

:)

imeem, Oct 23, 2017
  2. smoothb69 Win User

Applications(Indesign) will not start unless you Run As Admin\ Windows 10

When trying to start Adobe Indesign it will not start from the Programs menu but it will start when I select Run As Admin. This issue started after we upgraded to Win10 from Win7. This app does not require admin rights to start.

smoothb69, Oct 23, 2017
  3. Windows 10 says I'm not connected to the internet

Same issue here. Updated all drivers. What the hell is wrong with Windows 10? I have weird issues like this on various installations. Something else the accompanies this, is when I Right-Click programs in the Start Menu I only have the option to PIN!?
    Can't run as Admin, can do anything else. Settings will not launch from the Start Menu but it will from the notifications tab.

PaulDeane161, Oct 23, 2017
Thema:

Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu

1. Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu - Similar Threads - Can't run programs

2. Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Start Menu is not Showing the Run as Admin option: Whenever I search for an app it shows like this: This didn´t happen before. Before a menu appeared with some options and there was the run as admin option. I´d like to have that menu back. Thanks for any help that you can give regarding this...
  3. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot run any programs from the start menu: I want to use the start menu to access my programs. However, whenever I click anything it suddenly closed, when I click icons or even search by typing....
  4. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run any programs from the start menu: I want to use the start menu to access my programs. However, whenever I click anything it suddenly closed, when I click icons or even search by typing....
  5. Cannot run any programs from the start menu

6. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  7. Run a program without admin privileges from admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a program without admin privileges from admin account: Okay, I found a thread with this same question, but he was using Windows Server, and so was told this forum was for home users. I am a home user, running Windows 10 Pro, but I have the exact same problem. I cannot run OneDrive.exe, as it says to not run it as an admin. Run...
  8. Can't set a program to run as Admin automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't set a program to run as Admin automatically: I have a virus-removal program which suddenly started needing to be run as Admin. (BTW, why did this happen?) When I right-click on the link, there's no "Run as Administrator" option visible. When I try to set the program to automatically run as Admin, that option is grayed...
  9. Can't open programs from the start menu

Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  10. Can't use Run dialog from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't use Run dialog from Start Menu: If I right click on the Start Menu and select Run, I get this error. [img] I checked Group Policy and as far as I can tell, none of the settings that affect Run are configured. Any idea what I can look at/for? 2630