Windows 10: cant save anything on D: drive

Discus and support cant save anything on D: drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have my C: drive as an SSD and it holds all the operating system, however everything else has saved there too, i have a 1tb hard drive as well under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GeoCam, Mar 22, 2016.

1. GeoCam Win User

cant save anything on D: drive

I have my C: drive as an SSD and it holds all the operating system, however everything else has saved there too, i have a 1tb hard drive as well under D: drive but I cant move anything to it, it simply asks me to make shortcuts, so things like music and videos are taking up a massive amount of room on the small ssd

cant save anything on D: drive [​IMG]

:)

GeoCam, Mar 22, 2016
  2. Sam___ Win User

Merge a 2nd hard drive

he wants the hard drive to be an extention of the ssd so both under C not as a separate D drive

What you can do is mount the D drive as a mount point in a folder on C drive. Anything stored in that folder will be stored on the second drive. Make sure you install your application and save your user data to that folder. Cheers.

-Sam

Sam___, Mar 22, 2016
  3. tamsai Win User
    Fix For Error 0x80070522 and unable to run app by built in administrator in Windows 10 PLEASE HELP!

Hello Sir...

As far as I am concerned it is not only on a certain file or folder.. it is the D: drive itself that i cant paste anything... when I try to paste any file at C: it does however if I copy it to D: it wont. I tried taking ownership of the drive by changing permissions
    however as I try to click the apply button a certain error "cannot enumerate items on D:/ $Recycle.Bin, D:/ Microsoft.blah2 shows up that terminates the operation. Thank You

tamsai, Mar 22, 2016
  4. mrgeek Win User

You can't just drag the Music folder to the D drive ? I can do that on my ext drive to backup folders.
    Did you check these settings in Action Center/All Settings/System where you can designate where to auto save files ?

mrgeek, Mar 22, 2016
  5. GeoCam Win User
    i have changed those settings just need to move everything over to d drive

GeoCam, Mar 22, 2016
  6. Datapod Win User
    I wonder if perhaps what you're attempting to drag and drop IS a shortcut? Forgive me if this seems obvious.

In file explorer go to the actual location of the folder you want to move. for instance...

Right click/drag the folder you want to move to your D: drive. I highly recommend choosing copy instead of move. Once the copy is successful go back to the original location on C: and delete the duplicate files.

Of course you should have your important files backed up.

Datapod, Mar 22, 2016
  7. GeoCam Win User
    it will not let me delete the files in the ssd even when copied over to the d drive, all the default folders for saving stuff still go to c drive

GeoCam, Mar 22, 2016
  8. cant save anything on D: drive

Create a new empty Music folder on D:. Then go to C:\Users\ your user name. Right click the Music folder, go to properties, and go to the location tab. Then click the Move button. Point it to the new Music folder, click OK, and select move all the files to the new location. All your music will be moved to the new folder and the old Music folder will disappear. Windows will know where the new folder is without having to do anything else. Wash rinse repeat with your other user folders like documents, pictures, videos. Anything that currently saves to one of those folders by default will save to the new location.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. cant save anything on D: drive - Similar Threads - cant save anything

2. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  3. Can't Save Excel To D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Save Excel To D Drive: Can't save Excel to D drive The message appear when I want to save as to D drive "You are attempting to save a file type word 2007 and later Documents and Templates that is blocked by your file block settings in the Trust Centre"Context this PC is Pre-built MSI with HDD and...
  4. cant find d drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant find d drive: i used to be able to see d drive but after a format of the pc it disapeared it reapeared a few days later then dissapeared again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-d-drive/afa26e61-4acc-4ce0-a4de-c9fe4def06dc
  5. Cant move apps to D drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant move apps to D drive: Hello, i have forza on C drive and i want to install flight simulator but i have 30 gbs left so i need to install it to D. But everytime i try to move the forza or choose where will the apps save, it gives me error... I can download ONLY on C drive. [ATTACH] im sorry its in...
  6. D drive empty but cant be used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D drive empty but cant be used: Could you please advise me how to make use of the d drive? I have over 915 Gg empty in the D drive. Yet all my files are being saved to the C drive which is almost full. I went to setting then Storage and changed the default drive to D. Unfortunately all the files and...
  7. Cant install to D drive

Cant install to D drive: I am trying to install a video game. Says there is not enough space on my C drive. When I change it to D and click install I get the message "You must enter a valid directory name, and cannot install at the root level. Please select another location. How can I install to my D...
  8. No permission to save to D:\ drive

No permission to save to D:\ drive: I know this question has been asked before, but none of those answers have been able to help me. I have a C:\ drive and a D:\ drive on my computer. For some reason, my computer decided that the much smaller C:\ drive would be the better option to save things to. Now my C:\ is...
  9. cant download or save anything from the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant download or save anything from the internet: after a recent automatic update of windows 10, I cant download or save anything from the internet. ran recovery to set windows back to an earlier date before the recent update. receive message that recovery wasn't successful because it couldn't access a file. need help....
  10. Cannot save to D Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot save to D Drive: I installed a clean install of Windows 10 onto my C Drive keeping my D Drive with my files. Now I cannot save to my D Drive even though I have given myself permission to allow all on my D Drive. Can anybody help please? TIA 90802

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 why cant i save anything in d drive

2. why cant i save anything to the d drive