Windows 10: Can't save images on some 'modern' websites

Discus and support Can't save images on some 'modern' websites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Why some websites does not allow to save images as normal image format and save as html instead? Is it the stupid HTML5 that is doing this? 2012 and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by evildog1, Sep 30, 2016.

1. evildog1 Win User

Can't save images on some 'modern' websites

Why some websites does not allow to save images as normal image format and save as html instead?

Is it the stupid HTML5 that is doing this? 2012 and older, i never seen anything like this and i can always save images as image formats. Now modern websites are doing this and i don't understand why it is happening

Can't save images on some 'modern' websites [​IMG]

Modern websites are getting worse and worse now-a-days in my opinion. I really loved the classic website that is always working.

:)

evildog1, Sep 30, 2016

2. no images on some websites in microsoft edge

Hello,

Try re-registering Edge app. Run following command in administrative Windows PowerShell:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose}

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 30, 2016
  3. no images on some websites in microsoft edge

i'm on a windows mobile version

ty

miss arzu bazman

Can't save images on some 'modern' websites [​IMG]

arzubazman, Sep 30, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, please give a couple of examples of URLs of pages with which you have this problem, specifying the image you can't save.

Please state which browser you are using, and where applicable, whether they are 32 or 64 bit, and the version.

Thanks

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  5. evildog1 Win User
    The website is 4pda in russian (which i don't understand) and my browser is Chrome 64-bit latest version. I still don't understand why some images can't be saved as normal formats. I don't need to save html file
    http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry38152572

evildog1, Oct 1, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I don't use Chrome, but in Firefox and Edge I can save the images as jpg without any problem.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2016
  7. evildog1 Win User
    strange... i'm gonna try it on Firefox

evildog1, Oct 2, 2016
  8. Can't save images on some 'modern' websites

Agree I use Edge and can save jpg no problem at all. I don't use the others mentioned

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2016
  9. evildog1 Win User
    i guess that you saved the thumbnail instead the full image. it can only be viewed with registered users. i will find other websites that are also affected by HTML5

evildog1, Oct 2, 2016
  10. I use the Photo App or Windows Photo Viewer for myself, if I want everyone to see them I just post them, when I get pictures or photos I have my folders set to Thumb nail to save space, but I can receive them fully blown up

hTconeM9user, Oct 2, 2016
  11. evildog1 Win User
    how do you use Photo program to view images from Browser?

evildog1, Oct 5, 2016
  12. They download to the Photo Folder and then Click on the folder and they all appear or I use windows photo viewer to do them one by one

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't save images on some 'modern' websites - Similar Threads - Can't save images

2. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open some websites: I just reseted my windows 10Now, I can't sign to Gmail or youtube.I also get this site can't be reached Hmm can't reach this pageBoth Microsoft Edge and Google chrome. I tried clearing cache, changed DNS, flushed DNS, created new user account but I can't l.Thanks...
  3. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open some websites: I just reseted my windows 10Now, I can't sign to Gmail or youtube.I also get this site can't be reached Hmm can't reach this pageBoth Microsoft Edge and Google chrome. I tried clearing cache, changed DNS, flushed DNS, created new user account but I can't l.Thanks...
  4. Can't open some websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  6. Can't connect to some websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to some websites: I upgraded to Windows 11, but I have problems with Internet. The Internet will work for 1 minute and then it stops.The WiFi is working on other devices. Sometimes youtube works, sometimes it doesn't work.Sometimes youtube and some websites work but Gmail and outlook don't...
  7. Can't save an image anymore?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't save an image anymore?: Hey, guys, I have had the problem for a long time that I cannot save images or other files with right click ---> save image/file as from the internet... The Explorer window is there for a moment, disappears immediately and brings any window into the foreground (see video...
  8. Can't Save Images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Save Images: When I scan a document and try to Save, or when I try to save a work on Photoshop Elements, having named the file and selected the format, i.e. pdf. jpeg., then hit 'Save', I get the message "File not found". Of course there is no file since I am trying to create it...!...
  9. Some websites not showing images

Some websites not showing images: I have just had some browser issues today. A week ago my PC did a feature update to version 1809 and everything seemed fine until today when I couldn’t access a webite with a https address (which i have visited many times) in edge and google chrome browsers due to a...
  10. can't access some websites

can't access some websites: I have this weird problem that causes chrome and firefox to download some pages (like: Download the fastest Firefox ever or hwzone.co.il - please notice this happens only on some websites and not all) instead of simply viewing them. the file that get downloaded isn't even a...