Windows 10: Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

Discus and support Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Never have I had a problem with Windows 7 but now I've got a new computer and Windows 10. I'm using Firefox ESR 45.6.0 and Pale Moon Version: 27.0.3... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BonzoDog, Feb 4, 2017.

1. BonzoDog Win User

Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

Never have I had a problem with Windows 7 but now I've got a new computer and Windows 10. I'm using Firefox ESR 45.6.0 and Pale Moon Version: 27.0.3 (x64). I connect all the time to NZBIndex - We index, you search. The first connection to the site leaves many settings to be configured, I configure it the way I want it, I click in save settings, and it confirms they've been served. The next time I connect to the web site I find the settings have not been saved. The same occurs in both browsers. I've discussed the problem for a week on the Pale Moon forum and the problems continue. I use Superantispyware Pro. I disable it. I use Avast Internet Security paid for version. I disabled all the shields, I disabled the firewall, and today I uninstalled it completely using Avast Clean. All to no avail. Obviously the problem affects all websites that require some settings to be saved. If I go into the file explorer and right click on the Pale Moon folder, click on properties, the attributes read only box has a black square in it. It click on it, an empty box appears and I click on apply. The confirm box comes up, I tick on it and close the properties with the attributes read only box empty. If I go straight back in the box has the black square in it again. In the browser settings I don't stop tracking & I do remember history. I'm at a loss to know what to try next. Ant help would be much appreciated.

:)

BonzoDog, Feb 4, 2017

2. Afteer Installing Edge characters on my screens starts to wiggle

Try another browser to see if the issue occurs

That I know of Edge is not downloadable it is built into win-10.

Pale moon or Firefox.

I prefer Pale moon personally not as much bloat.

ThrashZone, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Le Boule Win User
    bing **** pop up on laptop by itself when browser is open on another page

That sounds like a good idea - I hope the OP tries that.

I accessed several of those "dodgy" sites listed by the OP using Pale Moon on my Win 10 just to see what happened...Duck is the default search engine for Pale Moon.

I've had no problems after doing so and have not seen the issues reported by the OP....I wonder if they have a "cookie issue" in the Firefox/Duck browser.

Le Boule, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

I read your post. You uninstalled Avast but did not uninstall Superantispyware. Any particular reason you uninstalled one but not both?

Do you have any other kind of addins within firefox like Privacy Badger, Ad Blocking or any "Cleaning" products installed on system?.

Have you tried resetting Firefox to original?

Caledon Ken, Feb 5, 2017
  5. torre Win User
    Have you tried with Edge, IE, or Chrome ? Are you sure it effects other websites ? Perhaps it is a website issue not being compatible with Win10 ?

torre, Feb 6, 2017
  6. BonzoDog Win User
    I have not uninstalled Superantispyware because in my experience it does not block websites, domains, etc. it singles out individual files which it perceives as being a threat. Nevertheless I'm willing to try anything. I'll report back. No I haven't tried resetting Firefox but I did uninstall it with Revo Uninstaller and then reinstalled it. It made no difference. So far as addons are concerned I have nothing installed that could affect saving website settings. For 30 years I've made a living by resolving computer problems and have never seen anything like this. The problem started with the new computer with Win10 preinstalled.

BonzoDog, Feb 7, 2017
  7. BonzoDog Win User
    I have disabled Edge and do not use Chrome. I tested a few different websites with Internet Explorer 11 and it behaves exactly the same as Firefox and Pale Moon, no individual website settings are saved. I've tested it with various Spanish government sites that I need to use and see the same behaviour, I cannot save any settings.

BonzoDog, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox

1. Can't save web site preferences in Pale Moon & in Firefox - Similar Threads - Can't save web

2. Can't Save Monitor Preferences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Save Monitor Preferences: I currently have 2 Brand new HP OMEN 27U Monitors hooked up to my windows 10 PC. I'm running a AMDRadeon RX 580 Series Graphics card and have both monitors pugged in to the card via 2x 8K Display Port Cables.On Startup only one screen shows my computer desktop. I have to...
  3. Can't Save Monitor Preferences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Save Monitor Preferences: I currently have 2 Brand new HP OMEN 27U Monitors hooked up to my windows 10 PC. I'm running a AMDRadeon RX 580 Series Graphics card and have both monitors pugged in to the card via 2x 8K Display Port Cables.On Startup only one screen shows my computer desktop. I have to...
  4. Can't Save Monitor Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't Access one web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access one web site: Today, when I tried to access one website ccos.org that I manage, I started getting this error.This site can’t be reachedccos.org took too long to respond.Try:Checking the connectionChecking the proxy and the firewallRunning Windows Network...
  6. Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 in Pale Moon browser not turning off: Can someone help me turn off Windows 8 compatibility mode for Pale Moon? I just want to go back to Windows 10, but even when I uncheck this box and apply the settings Windows 8 compatibility mode is still active. Very frustrating, I've been working on this for literally hours...
  7. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  8. Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps

in Windows 10 Support
    Firefox Opening Web Site While PC Sleeps: Hi, everyone. We just had new Windows 10 machines installed at work. (Dell Optiplex 3040) Our old PC's were Windows 7 and I always used Firefox as my browser. Never had any issues on W7. The new PC, however, is opening Firefox to http://hp.hfindingformspro, every night...
  9. Pale Moon to Waterfox migration

in Browsers and Email
    Pale Moon to Waterfox migration: Hello I've been using Pale Moon for a few years since Firefox became a bit crap but now Pale Moon has recently made a significant change that has forced me to look for another browser. I have installed Waterox to give it a try and have searched online for ways to export...
  10. Problem saving web sites to favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem saving web sites to favorites: When I try to save a web site to my favorites listing, I should get a box saying "create in" when I click on the star but all I get is the file or web site name but no option of putting it into an existing folder. I am trying this in Windows 10 using MS Edge. Why don't I have...